I moved on!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Congrats to you, Carek! :happy:

I have this personal credo that I try to live by. If I'm not occasionally doing things that scare me, or make me feel uncomfortable/unsure, I'm living in complacency, being too safe, and not taking full advantage of what life has to offer. I've found it's a very good way to live. You've gotta take risks, sometimes. :up:
That's exactly the way I live and it's always had a positive outcome for me :up: In fact, I'm about to make another scary move(quite literally), but I'm feeling pretty good about it :)

I am really inspired by your courage Carek. I have a son too & know that when children are involved, it had to have been an extremely hard decision to make. But the way I see it is that your son's happiness in childhood will be repeated in generations to come. Congratulations on your sound decision nine years ago!! :hug:

Thanks, SunBloc! My son and I have had our struggles, but he is really turning out to be a fine young man. I am really proud of him and we have a really great relationship!

Carek1230 said:

Thanks so much! It really feels great and I am glad I did it-on my own, in my own time! It IS good to take risks and to jump in sometimes with both feet. I read a really good book once I've often recommended to others repeatedly and it was Face Your Fears but Do it Anyway but I forget the female author's name! It was a great book and it changed my life.

I know the book! It was great inspiration to me too!!!!
I forgot the name also...it was all about "wild man in your head! telling you negative stuff all the time,right?
She was also insecure and all...and then she found new strength.
Is her first name Suzanne?

girlhappy said:

I know the book! It was great inspiration to me too!!!!
I forgot the name also...it was all about "wild man in your head! telling you negative stuff all the time,right?
She was also insecure and all...and then she found new strength.
Is her first name Suzanne?

You know, I never got my book back from the last person I loaned it to. The author might be Susan something.....I should just look it up and be done with it. It's an excellent book though. I am glad to hear someone else has read it and agrees!

I thin its Susan Jefferson, isnt it????And you know, funny think is: i also nevere got my book back for the person i loaned it to. :)Maybe i should call her?(We are not friends anymore)

Just wanted to put in another 2 cents. I moved on as well. I made some tough decisons recently, and it was so hard to do. I feel so wonderful now. It was definitely worth it, and one of the best decisions I've made in a long time! :)

Carek1230 said:

So for all you deliberating about whether you should make a move, start a new relationship or take on something new, all I can say is sometimes to jump in feet first can be the very best thing!

:up:

I always strongly believed that you cannot benefit in life by continuing to maintain the status quo.

Congrats on what obviously turned out to be the right decision for you. It must have been scary at the time, but look at how wonderful the results were.

I think that a lot of times in life people don't really understand how important it is to have courage.

girlhappy said:
I thin its Susan Jefferson, isnt it????And you know, funny think is: i also nevere got my book back for the person i loaned it to. :)Maybe i should call her?(We are not friends anymore)

Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers:wink:

Back
Top Bottom