I Missed an Important Birthday.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Ok so here it is, yesterday the 18th was my Goddaughters 1st birthday, I even bought her a dress and a pretty crown for it.

AND I MISSED IT ...:yell: BECAUSE I JUST PLAIN FORGOT ABOUT IT.

I don't know what happened, I don't know how it happened. I really don't know how I forgot except for the fact that we have been busy the past week. Or could it be middle age settling in. It started at 2 pm. My family and I decided to go out for the day. When we came home at 430 pm my friend called and said where are you, did something happen to you? How come your not here?

I felt like such the village idiot, an ass, embarrassed, you name it felt like it. She said the baby was napping and would be up to have her birthday cake, I said we will be right over.

We went and gave her presents and had cake. Luckily, our friends weren't mad at us.

But I still feel like an ass.

:reject:

:lol: I'm not laughing at you, I'm just glad, I think, because I'm not the only one.
:hug:

Last December I took a friend her birthday present for her 36th birthday. Her birthday was unfortunately back in May on the 24th.

:huh:

i forgot my brother's birthday this year.
didn't remember till we picked him up at the airport a couple weeks ago.
his birthday had been the week before.
guess i was too wrapped up with wedding planning.

:reject: :uhoh: :sigh:

Well, such things happen. It's perfectly normal.

And a one year old wouldn't mind. :)

Vincent Vega said:
Well, such things happen. It's perfectly normal.

And a one year old wouldn't mind. :)

True a one year old wouldn't mind, but the thing thats bothering me the most is that it is sooooo unlike me to do something like that. Like it was totally out of my mind. :coocoo:

Last year, I missed my dad's birthday. But it wasn't b/c I forgot. I got messed up on the dates. As in, on August 28, I thought it was August 27. So I called him and was all excited and all and he goes, "Thanks! Except, my birthday was yesterday..."

Thing was, my older sister hadn't called yet either. Wonder what her excuse was...:hmm:

JC, the fact that you had prepared for the event I'm sure meant a lot in itself. You are not going crazy, or falling into old age. These things happen. :hug:

Angela Harlem said:
Last December I took a friend her birthday present for her 36th birthday. Her birthday was unfortunately back in May on the 24th.

:huh:
At least you got the right decade! Birth dates are overrated.

*would forget everyone's birthday if they weren't written in my diary* :shifty:

I forget EVERYONE'S birthdays. :reject: I always remember a week or a few days before, but forget on the day. I used to be great with dates, but in the past few years I've become really forgetful when it comes to dates.

My husband, on the other hand, remembers EVERY date. He's always remembering random things like the anniversary of the day we first met or the day we moved into our first home together and the birthdays of all his friends and family, and I can barely remember our wedding anniversary date correctly. :eek:

I forgot Babydoll's birthdate.

I knew it was around the first few days in May, I thought it was on Sunday, but it was on Friday.

:reject:

meegannie said:
I forget EVERYONE'S birthdays. :reject: I always remember a week or a few days before, but forget on the day. I used to be great with dates, but in the past few years I've become really forgetful when it comes to dates.

My husband, on the other hand, remembers EVERY date. He's always remembering random things like the anniversary of the day we first met or the day we moved into our first home together and the birthdays of all his friends and family, and I can barely remember our wedding anniversary date correctly. :eek:

I had our wedding date engraved inside our bands on the pretence of being romantic, it's actually so I'll remember the date:reject:

blueeyedgirl said:

At least you got the right decade! Birth dates are overrated.

*would forget everyone's birthday if they weren't written in my diary* :shifty:

I also just write "happy 30-something" in most of their cards, as I can't remember the exact ages of many people. I have no clue how old my parents are unless I work it out from their birth year - which I am oddly able to remember.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
:up:

Angela Harlem said:

I also just write "happy 30-something" in most of their cards, as I can't remember the exact ages of many people. I have no clue how old my parents are unless I work it out from their birth year - which I am oddly able to remember.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
:up:

I forget my parent ages as well:eyebrow: all I know is that they'e mid 50's? I always avoid the age thing on cards, especially for kids.

Age has nothing to do with it JC :hug:. My hubby and I forgot his brothers birthday on the 12th - I remembered a week later!! :reject: Sometimes life just gets busy and dates don't mean anything, you're only human and humans forget and make mistakes. Doesn't mean you love her any less! :hug:

cinnaminson said:

I forget my parent ages as well:eyebrow: all I know is that they'e mid 50's? I always avoid the age thing on cards, especially for kids.

:up: If yours are like mine, they don't care how old they are, and therefore don't expect me to! We all win :D

I also remembered after writing that earlier post that my friend actually turned 37, not 36, as I had thought for the last 18 months.

:tsk:

Back
Top Bottom