I might need surgery :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I was playing soccer last night and I got tackled by a 5'10 130 lb Brazillian, I felt a searing pain in my knee and it looks like it might be my miniscus...i'm having it examined but hoping for the best :(

Ouch. I hope that ice and rest will be all that's needed and not surgery. It'll take time to heal, and patience. The hardest things to deal with really. Good luck :up:

maybe some ice and rest.

Reduced activity and ice :yes: :nerd: Don't stop using that knee altogether, as you don't want your muscles to atrophy and become weak, but take it easy at the same time. Lots of ice for now, and whether you end up having surgery or not, find a good physio/massage/sports therapist as you start to heal.

Its bad...I need the surgery, were setting it up for weds, i'm looking at a 4 to 6 month recovery before i can play again :(

as for the tackle, i was running with the ball, he misjudged a slide and ended up slamming right into my shin/lower knee. I know it was an accident so I forgive him, these things are risky. But I've ruptured the miniscus and need the repair.

I had the operation, i'm fine, i'm on painkillers right now but it still REALLY hurts

Bah, I read about you flirting with the nurses. In pain are you?

:)wink: Here's hoping you feel better soon.)

Back
Top Bottom