I Met This Guy I Knew From Online And Got Into His Car (Translation - I'm An Idiot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Yeah.

I suck. :|

So I'd been talking to this guy online, and he only lives a little over an hour away. We decided to meet up for dinner tonight. I drove to meet him, and then I got into his car so we could continue on together (BIG mistake).

Dinner was very uncomfortable. We had nothing in common, and he talked about his ex-girlfriend for most of the time. I couldn't wait to get out of there. We got into his car and started to leave. We had talked previously about doing more stuff after, but I told him it would be better if he just drove me back to my car. Then he asked me why I hadn't tried to touch or rub him at all during dinner. I thought it was an odd thing to ask, so I just looked at him funny. Then he said, "Are you not into that?" I said, "Sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not." Then he asked me if I wanted to go somewhere to have sex. I said, "Fuck you!" and reached to unlock the door to get out. He grabbed me and pulled me towards him and put his foot on the gas and was yelling at me to stop it. I kept yelling, "Fuck you!" and I managed to get out of his grip and get the car door open. I jumped out and took off running as fast as I could. I was pretty close to where I work, so I ran there and called Dad to come pick me up.

Poor Dad. I was so hysterical when I called him that he couldn't understand what I was saying...but he knew it was bad. He told me I have to be more careful because, "I'm too old for this...you're gonna give me a heart attack." :hug:

I feel like the only guy I can trust right now is my dad.

On the bright side, the salad I had was really good. :up:

that's one of the scariest things i've read in a while. he sounds like a complete psycho.

cat, please promise me you will never, ever, ever get in the car of a stranger again. that's so horrifying. :| :sad:

and i am soooooo glad you're ok. please be careful. :( :hug:

No riding in cars with strangers! Even when you talk to them online! Well, except for maybe cute girls like me and SF :sexywink:

Seriously - glad you are ok, and listen to your gut next time. If something doesn't feel right about the situation, it is probably for a good reason :(

:hug:

I don't trust online dating, I've heard of many stories from my female friends where guys pose as great guys and then pull shit like this. One of my friends just got out of a 6 month relationship with a guy she met online because he was still dating girls he met online and had 6 girls that called them their boyfriend, 3 in the same town.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

I disagree with Sicy, dont get in a strangers car, with or without a friend. Please meet new people some neutral like a cafe so you can bail, go home in your own car/taxi and he doesnt know where you live.

Last edited:
BC should any guy in any situation ever treat you like that again smile sweetly and remove his nuts in one swift move

I'm glad you're ok though :hug:

and beli's advise sounds good to me :up:

:ohmy: holy crap batgirl! That guy needs a lesson taught to his little man *fuming* I'm glad you got out of there!

Geez Kat :hug: I'm glad you're alright.

I met a few people from online and 2 of them were weirdos :ohmy: Of course the other one i'm getting married to now but most people aren't that lucky. I've heard stories of girls meeting guys online and they end up being raped and killed :sad: :( Just be extremely careful next time Kat :hug:

I'm not certain if you want to make an issue over this or if you believe that its gonna go away, but the fact is that while you entered the car willingly to go back to your car is perfectly fine;

HOWEVER, as soon as he made the suggestive comments, laid his hand on you and then kept you in the vehicle against your will for whatever distance, you became Victim of Battery and False Imprisonment...I'm not sure what elements for Kidnapping would be applied (state to state) but the other two for certain...

I'm sure the statutes in your state would also cover issues of his intent to sexually batter you as well...

You did nothing wrong here, matter of fact, you did everything right..,,fight, fight and more fight!

Last edited:
beli said:
I disagree with Sicy, dont get in a strangers car, with or without a friend. Please meet new people some neutral like a cafe so you can bail, go home in your own car/taxi and he doesnt know where you live.

You cant tell someone what to do. And you cant assume that just because you tell them not to that they will not do it again, especially if you know the person. You can just offer them an alternative suggestion, which I did, to try to be safer.

I never said she should get into a car with a friend next time. I was refferring to the whole situation.

Kat, I am glad you are alright. :hug:

Sicy has made a good point here. When my sister was going to meet a guy she'd been corresponding with on AOL, she agreed to meet him in Atlantic City. She also had two friends with her, including one with extremely good judgement on people. They drove down from Long Island, and he drove to AC from about 1-1/2 hours away in New Jersey. Even if my sis and the guy hadn't gotten along, she and her friends still would have had an enjoyable time in AC.

They'll be married five years in October. So, sometimes these relationships do work out. But you've got to be so careful in this world...

:hug: BC

Back
Top Bottom