i may have hate towards my record store guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cowgirl

War Child
because he refused to let me put my name down on one of these cool u2 cubes hanging up in the store!!!!!
to promote the best of and ES...6 beautiful cubes calling me...
"amanda you must take one of us home.."

so i asked the guy very politely and he said no he likes to keep them!!!!! All six of them?!!!!! :mad:
I don't think i like record store guy anymore and i may have to do him harm. :scream: :scream:

haha...u loser.

i went into my local one and asked about those cubes. i just had to buy him a 6 pack of beer and it was mine :)

*looks up and admires my great U2 cube :mac:

no call me loser, stubbleyface

YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I DONT BELIEVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*throws empty beer cans at bono_brat* :scream: :scream:

I have a huge posterboard thing of them promoing ATYCLB, that I got from a bookstore. They put my name on it in February; I just got it like in August. :mad:

The only reason I did get it, was I went to the store for something else, saw it still up on the wall, and decided to go get what was mine.

The ass who got it down for me was shitty, acting like he was doing me a favor by just breathing. :rolleyes: When I walked away I said, "Thanks, it's not like you were busy working anyways."

:mad:

I like the nice record store boys better.

One time, the record store back home had this ginormous U2 sign. I asked them if I could have it, and they put my name on it. The next time I went there, it was gone, so I asked if they had it in the back for me. Apparently...somebody accidentally trashed it. :rant:

haha manda & bono_man

I have some really nice record people and some assholes. A couple have just given it to me right there, or took my name and were really cool about it.. but the other bastards have just flat out told me "no." w/out even an explanation. then there's the ones who look at me like i'm fucking crazy and so forth..

anyway, could you find the cube at a diff store? dang, they don't even have a cool enough record store here to have U2 cubes...

my lovely cube is now hanging nicely above my U2 ATYCLB Promo CD fixture :yes:

:wave: at manda

please give it to me bono_man
i will be nice to you from now on.

yes mocool, i will try other stores yet. this girl shall not give in to mean record store guys.
btw, i adore your sig, its one of my fave shakespearian quotes and i love the way you actually have it typed there. tis purty..

if it makes you feel better amamada, I dont have one either! I say go beat up that punk, greedy people arent nice

I also say hi since i havent talked to you in awhile :wave:

About a week before Coldplay's 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' came out I was im my record store and they were playing it over the loudspeaker.

I asked the guy about it.

Me: Ohmigod! Is that Coldplay's new Cd?
Him: Yup. WE have tooooons of copies in the back.
Me: Ohmigod! Can I have one? I'll pay for it of course.
Him: No.
Me: Why not?
Him: Because I can't.
Me: Then why tell me about the tons of copies? Why do this to innocent people?
Him: Innocent people are funny when they rant and rave.
Me: Can I at least SEE it?
Him: Nope. I don't want to give it to you. You might run away.

AGGHHHH!!!!!!!

One thing led to another..I had to spend th eday in town..YUK!

but everywhere I went, U2 were playing. Albums on store CD players, remixes on store radios. It was neat.
What is it about $4.44? that figure keeps coming up. I suppose $4 + 10 % GST, but that doesn't explain the 4 cents.
My teddy Ali G was $4.44
I bought a Best of split enz CD on the weekend -$4.44
the electrical storm Cd - you guessed it!!

The lady from Sanity actaully flagged me down to see if I wanted to pre-order the Best of...she is very nice about sharing the merchandising stuff. I was collecting it and going to take it to Brisbane when U2 arrived here. I was going to leave it at the venue, hoping someone may want it..knowing my luck I'd get fined for littering.
So if I see any cubes dangling in a town near me...I'll ask.

I tend to want that kind of crap.

I tend to get it.

I then tend to have to find a way to throw all that crap away...

I think I will collect all the cubes that exist in westieville and make a mobile for the nursery manda.

I will be so cool then. Everyone will want to be like me.

:hyper:

I usually go to the record store to buy records
if I'd want cubes I'd go to the cube store

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom