I made the mistake of looking at actual wedding dresses.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I'm in some wedding communities on LiveJournal, just to help me think of things I might forget that I need to plan (especially since we had to move our wedding forward AGAIN and are now getting married on August 12th), and someone posted the following link: http://www2.bridesave.com/search/index.cfm?action=details&product_id=7780

I haven't been able to find any dresses I really like. I don't want a traditional wedding dress. I want something I can wear more than once, something that's not really long (since I'll probably wear it at the party and we'll be outside so I don't want it to get all grass-stained/dirty at the bottom), and something simple and spring-y (not black or another dark colour).

But that dress is really pretty. :(

That is pretty :)

Well remember it is your big day. If you want that dress you should get it and perhaps another dress for the party?

My mom didn't like my dress :( She was surprised that it had a bit of colour on there....she wanted me to wear a completely white dress. She was like "THIS is what YOU'RE wearing?" It hurt my feelings alot :sad:

That is an absolutely beautiful dress....but does it doesn't seem to fit your plans (as stated in the otehr thread). :(

meegannie said:
Nothing is fitting my plans at the moment. :mad: :crazy:

It's going to be okay. All you need is love. :hug:

That dress is heavenly. But you are such a cutie, you will look good in whatever it is that you choose...and I mean that sincerely. :hug:

J Crew has a few I like, but they don't ship to England. :( Oh well. I'm going to London in a few weeks, so maybe I'll find something there.

I agree with others, I'm sure you'll look very pretty in whichever dress you wear. :hyper:

that is a lovely dress.
London have some lovely clothes, a girl we know who lives in our street married in the city hall last year and she bought the most beautiful outfit for the wedding (it was a plain bodice and skirt but it was very very nice and really suited her) and she got lovely clothes for going on her honeymoon, she got everything in London and I think she got it all at a very good price.
Good Luck but as BC said you will look great whatever you get :)

meggie, check out this website www.bluefly.com. My sister who is a designer turned me on to it because it has fabulous designer clothes at amazing discounts. A friend of mine who didn't want a traditional wedding gown got a beautiful dress by Nicole Miller and I noticed they have a lot of her stuff on this site. And, interestingly, when I was looking for a dress to wear to this frirend's wedding my sister told me to check out Nicole Miller, not knowing that's actually what my friend had bought so apparently she designs a lot of wedding-type dresses. I know it's hard (sometimes impossible) to find stuff through mail order because you can spend so much money on postage returning stuff but if nothing else maybe it will give you some ideas.

yeah, you should get that dress. but get another dress, possibly something shorts (maybe knee-length?) for the reception. you could certainly wear the wedding and reception dresses again.

:heart: that dress. I need to get married so i can have a dress like that. Well, I suppose I need to find someone to marry first. ;)

I :heart: bluefly too. Many fun things there. I visit it too often.

Everyone is right - you will look beautiful in whatever you choose and Sam will be floored no matter what you wear. :) I'm always willing to consult on fashion choices though. ;) I'll live vicariously though you.

KhanadaRhodes said:
yeah, you should get that dress. but get another dress, possibly something shorts (maybe knee-length?) for the reception. you could certainly wear the wedding and reception dresses again.

Can't afford it. :sad::sigh:

meegannie said:
J Crew has a few I like, but they don't ship to England. :( Oh well. I'm going to London in a few weeks, so maybe I'll find something there.

all of the dresses you posted are very lovely meggie. that first one is gorgeous.

if you saw one you really liked from J Crew could you have it shipped to a family member or friend in the US and have them send it to you? just a thought.

My two cents worth:

When I got married I didn't want a traditional wedding dress. I just wasn't into the big white dress thing. I wanted something more practical that I could wear again. I found a beautiful, off white, raw silk cocktail dress that hung just below my knees. I loved it. I got married in 1991 and I haven't worn the dress since. Why? Everytime I have thought about wearing the dress I just can't because the event just isn't as special as my wedding.

I realize now that wedding dresses are something you wear just once because they are special. Buy the dress you want because your wedding day is special and so are you.

:hug:

I agree with fah meggie. No matter what dress you choose, just be 100% comfortable with it. That is all you need to worry about, not style or any of that. The dress will become very important after the fact and wont matter if its a big expensive one you sell or get cleaned to store forever until you have a daughter that gets married, or a simple white sun dress even. Be happy on the day and that is all that matters.

You will look gorgeous :hug:

fah said:
My two cents worth:

When I got married I didn't want a traditional wedding dress. I just wasn't into the big white dress thing. I wanted something more practical that I could wear again. I found a beautiful, off white, raw silk cocktail dress that hung just below my knees. I loved it. I got married in 1991 and I haven't worn the dress since. Why? Everytime I have thought about wearing the dress I just can't because the event just isn't as special as my wedding.

I realize now that wedding dresses are something you wear just once because they are special. Buy the dress you want because your wedding day is special and so are you.

I've been thinking, and I've realized that I'll be that way too. As much as I'd like to think I could get something to wear more than once, even if I wore jeans and a t-shirt I would never wear that outfit again (unless Sam and I were going out for our anniversary or something). I can't spend a lot of money, but I want a dress I love, not one that's just okay.

I don't know anything that could help you at all
but I'm very sure that fah is 100% correct

have an awesome day
let nothing stop you from that

congratulations and good luck with picking one out!

I will refrain from making any suggestions, because I'm sure that they would be very, very wrong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom