I made a little girl cry today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Vedder

Refugee
I'm so ashamed of myself! :(

I was at KB Toys today just looking around. I always go there to get my 'lil nieces stuff. So I saw this doll of Dora, the one that dances, sings, and talks in Spanish and English. Ok, my 'lil niece Daisy (who's 2) got this doll for Christmas, but this weekend it got broken. Nobody knows how it happened, but we think the kid next door took Dora's head off! So my niece misses her Dora and cries. She loved that damn doll.

So today at KB Toys, I found it on sale. Normally they are like 29.99, and it was for 14.99!! So I'm like cool! I grabbed the last Dora!! :hyper: = Me.

Then as I made a turn to another lane I heard this little girl crying her eyes out cause someone took her DORA! Her mom was like... "where did it go?" :reject: That little girl was screaming and crying "Someone took Dora mom." So I went to go and pay and the little girl saw I had Dora and started screaming "SHE TOOK DORA! SHE TOOK MY DORA!" That little girl was like 4 or so.

Gosh, part of me wanted to give her Dora, but the other part was like.... what about my 'lil niece? She canme crying to me cause her Dora broke. So I didn't give up. That little girl was like "Not Fair" and was crying!

:( :tsk: I felt horrible! :reject: I deserve to be in the reject box!!

Last edited:
i did the same thing for daisy(my daughter's name lol) too once:reject:

I made a little boy cry once.

At halloween, we have this jumping spider on our counter at work... I work at a fast food store. Anyways, a little boy was looking at it, and I asked if he wanted to see it jump and he said yes. So, I squeesed the little air thing and the spider jumped. And he screamed and cried as if the spider came alive and bit him...

I was mortified, but the mom just laughed, and said to her son "She warned you he jumps. It's not real..."

Sicy said:
:lol:

You have a habit of this sort of thing dont you :shame:

SHAME!

OMG, I had completely forgotten about this incident! :scream: :scream: Now I feel worse! :( Thanks Sicy! :sad: :scream: :p

*leaves Interference screaming*

Icelle- at least you know how it feels. :) I've seen pics of you and your little girl, she's purrrrty!!

:lol: Sicy.......

When I was reading this I kept looking at the date and thinking, "I swear, I have read this EXACT same thing before"!

:lmao:

me three!!! :laugh:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at these stories! :ohmy: :silent:

mrs. vedder...you sooooo did the right thing :yes:

my daughter is ten this year, but a few years back she haaaad to have a "baby spice" doll. she was the hardest of the four to find. but one day, there she was, just sitting on the shelf...but she was the only one left. i saw a small girl gazing up at her longingly, but i did not care. we were talking about my baby girl, here. (ask icelle, she knows this feeling) i reached right over the little girl's head and grabbed the doll. when the little girl began to cry, i took off running.

i am sorry, what you did was fine. funny as hell, and fine. :up:

Last edited:
I agree, what you did is ok! That little girl created a scene. Kids ned to learn these days that they can't always get what they want. She's probably forgotten already.

:hug:

I didn't know you have a daughter bonosgirl84! :cute:

Me four! That thread title looked so familiar... :lol:

You people doing stuff like that are horrible, horrible persons.

;)

Thank you bonosgirl84 and Angel! :hug: I felt good today in the morning when I have my lil niece her doll! She was sooooo happy! She gave me a kiss and a hug! :cute:

:sad: To the rest of you..... :( :madspit:

I guess I need to be banned from every toy stores! :sad:

i agree that what you did was fine. if the stupid housewife wants to buy her annoying hellspawn a doll, she can buy it online. you can't because you're too cool for school. :cool:

don't ask me what that meant though... :shifty:

the bargain hunter gatherer in me said...cool, half price, good score:up:
the toy lover in me said...Dora can dance and sing?in two languages?:up: I want one too.
the designer in me said..hmm weakness in Dora's neck area, reports of 2 broken Dora's.
the mother in me said...both girls love Dora, only one can be made happy in this situation, make a decision quick. The other little girl will find another doll to love.
There sure are some nice ones around these days.I saw an Elvis doll in a magazine the other day. He had a black ute , but the thing that got me in, the old "I WANT THAT" feeling, was his tiny guitar with case. Tiny and expensive.
I like dolls too Daisy. I still have Johnny, my doll from when I was little. He has no arms, poor fellow. I should go on a hunt for arms for him.

You're a nice aunt, buying such gifts. I suppose I did when my crew were younger. They are all adults now..time sure flies.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i agree that what you did was fine. if the stupid housewife wants to buy her annoying hellspawn a doll, she can buy it online. you can't because you're too cool for school. :cool:

don't ask me what that meant though... :shifty:

:lmao:

You know, Mon...I would have done the very same thing...you never know...this kid probably turns on the waterworks everytime she doesn't get what she wants.:shrug:
Don't worry too much about it...and you shouldn't be banned from toy stores!!! :hug:

You make me cry everytime you post Mrs. Vedder.

That's just because you seem to mock my love of BBD and insinuate that I like Scott Stapp/Mark Tremonti/Kid Rock every time you post. I think that is worthy of crying over.

u2popmofo said:
You make me cry everytime you post Mrs. Vedder.

That's just because you seem to mock my love of BBD and insinuate that I like Scott Stapp/Mark Tremonti/Kid Rock every time you post. I think that is worthy of crying over.

:madspit: don't make me bring up the love and devotion you have for Jacko! :eek: oops!!

Back
Top Bottom