I Lost 40 Pounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good job.
i saw some pics of u a while back, and u were a bit of a chunky ass.

hope the weight loss was planned:)

DB9

Wow cool.. I didnt think you were overweight at all.

Lets see some pics :wink:

feels good doesn't it?
wd
keep up the good work.

did you go solo?
everyone asks me my secret. I wish I had joined up with Weight Watchers or something . I might have won myself a car...I could do with a new one of those. I just think of Homer Simpson and how comfortable he got in those moomoo man dresses...it's all in the mind.
the will and the way...good luck.

September 7, 2002 (along with wife, (me), z edge, HeartlandGirl):

3376379923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3A7%3D463%3Dxroqdf%3E232334%3A759599ot1lsi

Today:

3376379923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D5%3A7%3D463%3Dxroqdf%3E232339838%3A5%3A9ot1lsi

Back during the holidays and into January, my 5 foot, 7 inch frame was up around 180 pounds. Today I weigh 140 pounds.

I started with the Subway diet around February 2. I pretty much followed Jarod's menu of a 6 inch turkey for lunch and a footlong veggie delight for dinner. I always got it on wheat bread with no mayo or cheese; this was easier than I thought it would be. I also had Baked Lays or WOW! potato chips with each meal and a diet soft drink with each meal. I did allow myself a regular institutional dinner at church on Wednesday nights and dinner at a Mexicna restaurant with our neighbors once night a week, plus the occasional appetizers at parties. Prior to this time, I was eating REAL fast food (the bad kind) at least once a day and having at least 2-3 real Cokes per day.

When Ash Wednesday rolled around about a month and a half later, I was planning to give up beef and pork. I was travelling the Gulf Coast on business that day and had chicken for both lunch and dinner. I decided simply giving up beef & pork was of little challenge, so I decided that as of the next day, I would give up ALL meat, which I did. I began eating for lunch the "good homecooked vegetables" that my Mom never could get me to eat as a kid. I also discovered that Morningstar Farms makes the best fake meat products, including hamburger patties and breakfast sausages. I still eat these today.

Sometime in late January, I took up running again, then added a little bit of working out in February. With Lent, I started running every day and increasing my run by 10% each week, maxing out at 30 minutes per day the week of Easter, which is just under 4 miles for me. I also worked out most every day of Lent. Last week I ran my first-ever 5K race; I came in 28th out of 117 runners, with a time of 23:11.

I also started drinking a lot of water during this campaign.

My method was basically old fashioned: exercise more, eat less, and eat healthier. Burn more calories than you take in daily. Drink water.

I have much more energy these days. I have 2 lean slices of bacon with my breakfast each morning, and then maybe one other serving of meat during the day. Everything else is vegetable/fruit/bread/grains etc. I do treat myself ot desserts on occasion. I have NOT cut back on bread/potatoes/rice, etc., as Tommy Thompson and the late Dr. Atkins would tell us is the only way to lose weight and keep it off. My brother is a doctor and disagrees with them; he says I have done it right. They say that I will put my weight back on; I haven't. If I wanted to, I could lose 2-3 more pounds easily this week. But I am currently at or slightly below the "ideal" weight for my height.

I am now back to being the skinny little kid that I was in high school and college.

~U2Alabama

Very admirable U2_Bama! :applaud:
Keep up the healthy lifestyle. :yes:
-------
recently, i've gained around 6 + lbs :eyebrow: . . .
then again, i'm nearly five months pregnant :sexywink: . . .
should i have trouble shedding any post-pregnancy pounds, at least i know who to call on: Bama--the new face of Subway ;)

Last edited:
What an awesome story Bama.
Congrtulations - and what an amazing finish to the 5K! You would beat my butt - and I have been running off and on (although have fallen off recently with work) for the last seven years.

I think you have inspired me....seriously. I need to get my health in order (eating-wise - despite the fact it is difficult to do when you are living out of a hotel).

Cheers!

and :down:Tommy Thompson:down: :wink:

Awesome before and after shots, Bama! :up:

I am trying to get myself on a healthier track, and this thread has only pushed me harder. I've been working out around 3 days a week (sometimes more) since early March, and have been trying to eat healthier. So far, it seems to be going well.

Great work! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom