I listen to Kylie Minogue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorGonzo

War Child
I'm sorry, but that damn song of her's "I Can't Get You Out Of My Head" is like crack to me. I can't stop thinking about it. I want to, but I can't.

I won't turn off the video if it comes on, I even look forward to it and amazingly, I don't care if I'm even looking at the screen (so, it has nothing to do with her, personally)

Years ago, I came to terms with loving ABBA, but Kylie.....Kylie is something I don't want to like. And it's not like I even enjoy any of her other songs. I think she is pretty lame, actually.

Thanks to MuchMusic, I was able to finally see the video for "The Locomotion" from back in the '80s. Q Magazine in Britan likes to make fun of the vid and the song on a semi-regular basis, so I wanted to see it for a long time, to see how bad it was.

It's horribleness defied even my most pessamistic expectations. They threw it on right after "I Can't Get You Out Of My Head" as a bit of a joke, I think. The sheer shock of it was probably enough to send a few people to the hospital.

And the sheer shock of figuring out how OLD she really is probably contributed to it a bit
wink.gif

So, there you have it. My Kylie Minogue confession, I hope you're all happy now!

I think 80% of that songs is plain dull
the other 20% is pretty addictive I guess

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I dont mind a bit of Kylie (I own a Kylie album!). Though I do admit, she is starting to fade I think. Yes, the 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' video is great...How does she stay in that dress?! I think its a bit of the old 'velcro on the nipple' trick.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by bono_man:
I think its a bit of the old 'velcro on the nipple' trick.
biggrin.gif

hmmmmmmmmmm....
<--- doesn't know that trick.

Am I sheltered?

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Fading? Har!

Compare said 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' with said 'Locomotion'.

Besides, Locomotion was very cool in its day. No one will ever admit it, its one of those quickly dating songs that everyone liked before shuffling on with embarrassment.

Better get used to her, all you Americans, she is planning an onslaught in your part of the globe shortly. And she will be losing the 'camp' appeal that shot her to superduper stardom in the UK and Asia. This isn't really that surprising as she re-invents herslef as often as Mads used to.

NB, ever heard the original Locomotion? Absolutely appalling.

that is officially the most addictive song in history. I dont even mind the video, as long as I get to hear the song
biggrin.gif

sadly though, the day is fast coming when I will hate it because such is the way with pop songs
frown.gif

I love the new Kylie Minogue song...it's very catchy.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

the new album is excellent. if you like the song on the radio, i recommend the CD.

it's very disco-ey, and some songs remind me of olivia newton-john stuff (heart attack), diana ross (the upside down song...),and a very pop version of donna summer.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Back
Top Bottom