I like this guy-what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another U2 nut!

Acrobat
I've been friends with this guy for about 4 months, and now it seems like it could become more. His behaviour towards me has changed a little- there's more of the eye contact and body language thing happening. And he seems to take any opportunity to hang around me. However, I know that in his past relationship he was very badly hurt, and I think he's cautious now. So he seems to like me on one level, but doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.

And as for me, I developed a bit of a soft spot for him, because he's nice, and funny, and all that. But I tried not to let feelings develop any further, because I too have been hurt in the past. However, the more I've gotten to know him, especially very recently as we've been hanging around more, the more I've liked him. Our personalities seem to match really well, and my friends have noticed chemistry between us.

But it looks like we are both afraid to do anything about it. I know I am, because I don't want to scare him off or anything, nor do I want to feel the hurt again. It looks to me as if he is experiencing a similar thing: he seems afraid of getting into another relationship.

My friends and family are all telling me the same thing: do nothing, and just let develop whatever will develop. What you Zoo people think? I'd love to hear a guy's perspective on it.

Thankx

I had a similar situation develop with a friend of mine. He and I were friends for almost a year before we acted on anything. I am not sure now it was worth it because we are not really talking to one another right now. :slant:

Listen to your friends; their advice seems right in line with what's going on now..

My nephew and his wife have been married for 8 years Today!!!! they have two beautiful children and one due within 10 days...

These two jewels were boyfriend/girlfriend since 6th grade...!!!!
He is a police officer for a large LA County agency; she is a Special Ed teacher ...both graduated from college, she from USC and he from ASU...My point - friendship, schools, career and then family...:up:

:wink: To Another..go for it-just like your friends are saying! Let it flow...just always be honest, and yourself. The rest will happen on it's own, in it's time! Oh-hey, and good luck! I love a good love story!:heart: ;)

I found my best friend, Mrs. BAW, 15 years ago and married her 9 years ago....6 years of "courting"....best thing for the both of us each coming from terrible prior relationships...

Now, its FOREVER!!! :heart:

Mr. BAW said:
Listen to your friends; their advice seems right in line with what's going on now..

My nephew and his wife have been married for 8 years Today!!!! they have two beautiful children and one due within 10 days...

These two jewels were boyfriend/girlfriend since 6th grade...!!!!
He is a police officer for a large LA County agency; she is a Special Ed teacher ...both graduated from college, she from USC and he from ASU...My point - friendship, schools, career and then family...:up:

Last night, Ms. Katherine, our niece, had a bouncing baby girl, 6'bs. 11 oz. and 19 inches long...all is well!

I agree. Just see what happens. If you jump in, you might scare him (and you) off.

It is so difficult to click with someone and feel that good about it. Enjoy the ride and see where it goes naturally. :up:

your soulmate very often becomes your best friend,

but does your boyfriend can easily become your soulmate ?

That is the question !

good luck !

Marie

Another U2 nut! said:
I'd love to hear a guy's perspective on it.
it depends so much on the guy and his past experiences though

some guys try to wait until they're so sure about it being the right girl this time that you might have to wait for a very long time

Salome said:
it depends so much on the guy and his past experiences though

some guys try to wait until they're so sure about it being the right girl this time that you might have to wait for a very long time

Well it seems as if he is kind of biding his time, seeing what I'm like, but then that could just be my imagination! We're good mates at the mo, and that seems to be working well. I'm quite happy to leave it at that for now. My brother said to "bounce with the ball." So I'm not going to maneuvre (is that spelled right?) anything, just going to keep on being friends and see where wind will take it. Now, the wind is taking us into a good friendship, and I value that!

AND to MR BAW: Congrats to Mrs Kathryn on the kid! She must be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom