I lied 3 times last week. I declined 3 different invitations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
to Thanksgiving dinners.:|

Sure the gestures were lovely offered by friends, family and blah blah, but I couldnt stomach sitting at a dinner table playing 20 questions w realitives who I speak to only once a year, asking about my personal life, asking about my work so on and so forth.
Nope couldnt do it this year.:|

Nor would I sit across from a phony sibling and have to put up w transparent shenanigans.

I refused this year.:mac:
It felt good.

Go ahead and call me petty,
but
call me real first.

What you see is what you get.:larry:

thanks-

Diamond:

Last edited:
hey, i know what cha mean brother. i didn't really want to go home for turkey day this year. kinda been in a funk lately. i think it's the cloudy, cold winter days in ohio.

peace

There's nothing wrong about what you did...I've done it myself the last few years. I hate spending my holidays with 30 people I don't talk to all year, making phony small talk. :tsk:

diamond said:
to Thanksgiving dinners.:|

Go ahead and call me petty,
but
call me real first.

What you see is what you get.:larry:

thanks-

Diamond:

okay, you're real petty! :yawn:

So you not only argue with one brother, but you argue with both.. and in public no less.

Sicy said:
So you not only argue with one brother, but you argue with both.. and in public no less.
all in fun, cha cha mama.:)
so b quiet.
hes my normal brother.

and hurry up and make my status a "preimum dork war dude" or something.

thank u

diamod
:angry:

Last edited:
Just curious Diamond, why Christmas and Thanksgiving are so different to you? Aren't they both a time to let go of all the every day crap and be with family, catch up with those you only see once a year, the one day you actually make an effort to be with your family ? I dunno, maybe I'm misreading you and I'm not trying to get you pissed off here. I wonder if maybe you actually see it like I do. I see Christmas etc as somewhat contrived, you put on your best behaviour, exchange gifts and life updates with everyone, stuff yourselves stupid and then go to bed and start the next day, a new day, like nothing happened. Right?

BUT-

It is one day of the year where I can change what I do every other day of the year. I can't be a saint and make every day like Christmas/Thanksgiving, I would like to, but....'we're too busy/work is hectic/the dog is sick/car trouble; can't come visit/going away this weekend Aunt xxxxx, sorry'. I cant pretend I am good at keeping in touch with people, but I am really glad that one day a year I am quite happily made to see these people who really do mean a lot to me. I am grateful for these types of holidays. It might make me less of a person to require these holidays to catch up with those I love, but next year, they may not be there. Christmas and Thanksgiving bring people together. Relish it Diamond, dont push it away.
:hug:

Angela Harlem said:
Just curious Diamond, why Christmas and Thanksgiving are so different to you?
BUT-

Relish it Diamond, dont push it away.

by me not being there..his safety was ensured..:sexywink:

DB9

diamond said:

by me not being there..his safety was ensured..:sexywink:

DB9

wtf does this mean?... u r out of line. This is your brother, who would give you the shirt of his back, you're talking about! Knock it off! You are beyond petty now. Stop w/ the obsessive subtle digs, innuendos, etc. He's stayed away from you on this board for awhile now. But yet you continue...

us3 said:

wtf does this mean?... u r out of line. This is your brother, who would give you the shirt of his back, ....

He's stayed away from you on this board for awhile now. But yet you continue...
?...

us3 said-
This is your brother, who would give you the shirt of his back, ....

sure w/strings
:|

us3 also said-

He's stayed away from you on this board for awhile now. But yet you continue

cuz I asked him too, glad he is finally listening..:):dance:

Peace
Out-

DB9::sexywink: :

Last edited:
U2ME3 said:
hey, i know what cha mean brother. i didn't really want to go home for turkey day this year. kinda been in a funk lately. i think it's the cloudy, cold winter days in ohio.

peace

It's fucking freezing here! Lows down to 10 degrees in November?? This is nuts.

it was a little nippy today..
sexy diamond weather..like 68-69 degrees farenhiet:angry:

my vests were feeling a bit sexy too:angry:

thank u
diamond
:dance:

Doh! Just realized that I'm an ass cos it's no longer November...

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
Just curious Diamond, why Christmas and Thanksgiving are so different to you?
Relish it Diamond, dont push it away.

They are not different.:|
My thought is why cant it be Christmas and Thanksgiving everyday...:)?

So if a sibling is being troublesome to you thru out the year, and u maintained a friendly dipostion for 363 days of the year, these are 2 days that u take a day off from him..:)

If that sibling wants to make amends that is fine, if not that is fine too.

I would rather not go thru a charade on these 2 days..:)

DB9

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom