I just got pulled over for my first time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
For having an expired inspection sticker :huh:. It's dated 4-05...my parents and I can't figure out how we let that slip. :shrug: The officer was very nice, he even made jokes, so that made the experience less painful. But now I either have to go to court (or my dad because I'll be away at college) or pay a fine. Naturally, my parents will also be out of town at the time of the court date, so we'll probably pay the fine. It shouldn't be too steep.

I also happened to be wearing my new John Mellencamp "Authority Fighter" t-shirt...
JME36090.jpg

when I get pulled over by the authorities. Of course.

Thankfully it won't go on any driving or permanent record because it's not a traffic violation. Hopefully this won't happen again!

i was pulled over last night:shifty:

my tags are so expired its amazing the cop didnt ask me too much about it.

i got a ticket for speeding, and expired tags. and the cop was really nice too.

i dont wanna know how much it is yet. im waiting for payday thursday then i'll find out how much i owe.

I got a ticket for expired registration, a couple of months ago, it was a 200$ fine, my tags had been expired for 6 months already, but I asked the cop if he would give me a warning, and he just laughed at me.

My bro got a ticket for improper use of a seatbelt. He got pulled over b/c the cop thought he wasn't wearing one. He was, but he had the shoulder strap part behind his back b/c he'd dropped a sheet of drywall the day before and had a huge bruise on his chest. Usually, I figure a ticket's a ticket and the cops are just doing their job, but I thought that was a bit harsh. He had a visible injury and WAS wearing the seatbelt...

I got pulled over for speeding in sept/oct. last year. The reason i remember is it was the day vertigo came out on the radio. I was driving home from work and a radio station announced they would be playing the new u2 song that i had yet to hear. The second it starts i look behind me and a cop is behind me with his lights on. I pull over and i still got the radio on. He is out of his car in a flash and at the window. I was stalling looking for my license....even though i new damn well where it was. I didnt even make it to the bridge of the song.....bastard cop.

Alright I've been pulled over 6 times got out of one ticket:(

I know I'm not the worst offender out here....am I?

it's not so bad it's just a part of driving. That's how I rationalize it anyways:reject:

Ok, this happened to me two nights ago, and I think this takes the cake....

I was driving home through campus at 3 am from someone's house. I came upon an intersection that, due to the time of night, had just flashing red lights in all directions. I came upon the lights and slowed to a creep--saw nobody was coming, not a hint of headlight in sight and went on through. Halfway down the road two, yes two, policecars pull up on me with the lights flashing. An officer came and asked me if I realized I didn't make a complete stop...I admited to it. He then asked if I had been drinking at all that night. Now here was the conundrum....I had had two drinks that night but it was four whole hours before I left my friend's house! I didn't want to say no, because you all know after you drink you can still smell it even the next day sometimes. But I didn't want to say yes either, cause it had been four hours since my last sip. I just said "Yes, earlier this evening." because of the potential smell factor and I didn't want the cop to flat out get medieval on me cause he thought I was a liar....He asked how long ago and I told him. He gave me a look like he thought I was full of shit.

He asked me to step out of the car! Yes, I had to do a field sobriety test on the freaking sidewalk of my own campus! Which I obviously passed...:rolleyes:

He told me to go back to my car. And I sat there, freaked out as all get out because of how intimidating he was about everything. A few minutes later he came back, tells me he was just giving me a warning---which I thought was fair since he scared the crap out of my by assuming I was just a drunk because I was driving at 3 am. He then goes, "You a U2 fan huh?" (I've got U2 vanity plates)....I squeak out a meek "Yes."....He pauses and goes, "A little young to be a fan of them, aren't ya?" :angry:

Last edited:
I got pulled over a couple of years ago for not fully stopping at a stop sign. I had to pay about $150, and the cop was such an asshole about it.

I've been pulled over 7 times for speeding and have never gotten a ticket, by some mercy of God.

I did get ticketed for blowing a stop sign once, which I didnt do. It was a woman cop and she said I cut her off and blew a stop sign. I fought it and won. How dumb would I have to be to cut off a state trooper?

awhile back in december i got stopped for not stopping at a stop sign. i paid the ticket but made an appointment to fight it, and when that date came i completely forgot about it (u2 was on goodmorning america :reject: ).

a month later i got a check from them ($147)for the amount of the ticket i paid. so i guess i won?

The last time i was pulled over then the cop suggested that i got a hair cut.. And i was just the passenger in the car :eyebrow:

I came very close last week. The cop thankfully stopped the car in front of me even though we were both speeding.

On my way to church this morning i saw a cop pull out of a side street with his lights flashing behind me but thankfully it was the person in the lane next to me who was caught speeding. There was definitely panic for a moment there :yikes:

On my way out to college my dad was driving in front of me. (I had a lot of stuff) we were both pulled over. Didn't even realize they could do that and he couldn't have known we were together. The officer spoke to him in his car then came back to me and said. Your dad is setting a bad example for his daughter and he's gonna have to pay your ticket.

He was nice and it was kind of funny. One of the nicer cops I've been stopped by anyways:wink:

redkat said:
On my way out to college my dad was driving in front of me. (I had a lot of stuff) we were both pulled over. Didn't even realize they could do that and he couldn't have known we were together. The officer spoke to him in his car then came back to me and said. Your dad is setting a bad example for his daughter and he's gonna have to pay your ticket.

He was nice and it was kind of funny. One of the nicer cops I've been stopped by anyways:wink:

:lol: that's pretty amusing

Back
Top Bottom