I just don't care about my job anymore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
:yell: :yuck: :crack: :censored:

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am unbelievably tired with how people treat me at my job!! I have had enough! This is not so much a confession as it is a rant. Sorry all.

I just feel so frustrated. I have been there three years now and I feel so horribly under-appreciated. Everyone's so quick to jump on yer ass for mistakes, but are never there to say hey! good job, when you exceed in your position. No raises, so increase in bonuses, but rather decreases..... I work at a brokerage firm, and well, we all know how well the markets have been going these past couple years.

I realize this is normal, and I know this is crap that I am going to be dealing with the rest of my life, but the thing is, I am not even in my profession yet and just can't wait to get out of this current one. I am way over qualified for this job. Half the people I work with don't even realise how much education I have. They just see where I sit, what I am there to do and that's all. I just need more and I will get more damnit! I am just not good at waiting. I am sure through all this I might not perhaps get things done as quickly or as efficiently as I could sometimes, but my job is so unpredictable and 9x out of 10 I am relying on others in our head office back east! It's hard and I am the that gets yelled at when crap takes too long or doesn't get done properly. I am sick of being a human punching bag, and when the f*uck did I become super computer tech girl?!@?! That's ALLL I do these days. :scream:

*Sigh.......................................................................

I just looked at this person today and I could feel my face go all read while he was yelling at me. I argued back and defended my work. He's not even my boss! He has no clue what I do and do not do. I had had enough and just said, I am going home, and left. Walked away. I was done...... 45 minutes over done actually, but perhaps not the most professional way to have left things.

:shrug:

Last edited:
You should have told that guy who yelled at you to FUCK OFF

If you start acting disgruntled, become inept they will suspect you of becoming postal and probably treat you better.

Cheer up, act mental

___

:angry:

try the evil retail of death and demise...

all i have to say is never work in retail...everyone thinks that just because you do you're an idiot....seriously!! do you know how annoying it is to clean up after people all day long?!? then they don't believe that i know what i'm doing....here's one of the most agrivating situations that acutally happened..

lady: do you work in the boys department?
me: i can (meaning, i didn't that day, but we always change, so i sometimes do and i know everything about it)
lady: well, i need someone who works in the boys dept....YOU won't know the answer to my question.
me: well what's your question?
lady: do these pants come in slim?
me: *walks all the way over* no they don't
lady: i got them here last year in slim
me: i know that we haven't gotten any slims in this year
lady: the prices are higher too...*glares at me*
me: (thinking "like it's my fault...i've worked here a two months..") uh...
lady: i got this last year for $6.99 *looks at price tag...it says $6.99* oh.
me: well..uh...
lady: can't you ask someone else?
me: we don't have any
lady: *looks at me* :rolleyes:
me: :mad: ok....*walks away*

**i walk back to the operator's station**

me: i'm not crazy, right....those uniform pants don't come in slim, do they?
operator: they don't even make those in slim
me: :angry:
operator: *answers guest services phone* no ma'am, we don't have those in slims....
me: :mad:

[/rant]
the point is, they act like you're another rack of clothing....and stupid to boot....i feel like yelling at them "I'M GOING INTO PRE-MED!! I'M NOT A FORKIN' IDIOT!!"

or as my coworker once said......"i have more iq than your entire family combined"

ok, i'm done now......although i could tell some stories........

Babe...if they are treating you like shit, treat the job like shit. They need you more than you need them hey.

You are very smart, well educated and waaaayyyy too good for some under qualified ponse with a power trip.

threaten their lives, by telling them youll burn their house down while theyre asleep. then proceed to tell them that if you ever get a chance, you eat his children. thats what mike tyson does anyway.

but on more serious note, angel, im all for starting a new business. we can be co-owners.

we can sell things.

what will we be selling?

Zoomerang96 said:

but on more serious note, angel, im all for starting a new business. we can be co-owners.

we can sell things.

we will sell bags of ice. no joke, i saw a report on a show yesterday, and these small companies that sell bags of ice to stores are making BIG money.

the fact that global warming is in our side will only help.

i know how u feel angel
ive been whining about my job for too long now.
maybe we should go into business..
i wonder if we can manke money off of making fun of bono_dork

Hey I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. I quit my job bc it pissed me off that I havent gotten any raises in 2yrs since Ive worked at my work, oh lets see I have gotten 2 5cent increases on my pay but thats it no review no nothing. So I said srew it and I put in my 2 weeks and Im looking for a better job now and I will end up with a better one tooo!

Cowgirl said:
i wonder if we can make money off of making fun of bono_dork

Maybe he can be the mascot for the Ice Co.? We could create a whole marketing scheme around him... :uhoh:

giving you shit manda used to be very profitable. however with the market now totally overflowing with people doing the same its just not worth it anymore.

if you have a drainage problem, talk to your plumber not me, stinkybreath

Back
Top Bottom