I just acted like a jerk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I just had a panic attack over about all of the noisy stuff that's going to be going on in my neighborhood the next few days. I acted like an ass about the whole thing, having a fit. It was so stupid. There are going to be several projects going on in two different houses, so I don't have any control over the situation. Now I feel like an idiot, because let's face it what can I do? And I put up with the Construction Noise From Hell for sixteen months while my neighbors enlarged a house they bought big time. It used to be a cottage, now it's a mansion. Now I feel like an idiot.

You're not going to believe this. I just punched the Google ad on the site and it took me right to a place about noise control devices. How coincidental is that?:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You need to move to the boonies!

Heck, for the first time in my life I'm going to have a neighbor who's house I can see from my front porch (well, not really well in the summer when all the trees have leaves...and it is still across a field). But it's really strange walking out of my house, looking up, and seeing a house less than a 1000 ft away. :ohmy:

yeah that's one thing about my neighborhood i don't like....you can hear every single sound. what's most annoying is the fall/winter when leaves fall. its leaf blowers 24/7. i get so sick of that monotonous sound!!!! :mad: my neighborhood is also set up in such a way that all the sounds echo between houses.
although, for some reason, the sound of traffic in the distance lulls me to sleep like nothing else. the steady sound of cars and trucks for some reason calms me, i dont konw why. for instance i love sleeping in hotels near the interstate because if i can hear the traffic i can get to sleep. i've always been like this and i've only recently realized it.

U2democrat said:

although, for some reason, the sound of traffic in the distance lulls me to sleep like nothing else. the steady sound of cars and trucks for some reason calms me, i dont konw why.

:yes: The house I live in now is on the corner of a busy street. I live down in the basement (it's pretty much a split-level) so my window, which is right above where I sleep, is like 30 feet from the street. I have a fan on every night, cus I like its noise, so after that, the traffic is dulled and reminds me of sleeping at our beach rental on the ocean in Alabama. The bad part is that there's also a firestation on our corner. :|

It's not going to be forever. Everyone has to blow off steam sometimes but, in the long scheme of things this is just a minor inconveiniance in your life. Don't be so hard on your self, sometimes it's better to get it out than to keep all clogged up inside of yourself.:wink:

Well, the workers are outside right now, putting up the scaffolding. It hasn't killed me yet and I don't think it will. We hope they can get this :censored: done today, then it will be out of the way. It's life in suburbia!

verte76 said:
Well, the workers are outside right now, putting up the scaffolding. It hasn't killed me yet and I don't think it will. We hope they can get this :censored: done today, then it will be out of the way. It's life in suburbia!

Heh. Better than waking up in the night to screaming, cursing, things being smashed, and gun shots. Mmmm, growing up in the ghetto on the outskirts of a gang territory :|

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Heh. Better than waking up in the night to screaming, cursing, things being smashed, and gun shots. Mmmm, growing up in the ghetto on the outskirts of a gang territory :|

:yikes: i live in boring ol' suburbia. however, if i go downtown i may as well sign a death wish. most of the time people getting killed are innocent people caught in the crossfire. parts of downtown richmond literally are warzones.

U2democrat said:

:yikes: i live in boring ol' suburbia. however, if i go downtown i may as well sign a death wish. most of the time people getting killed are innocent people caught in the crossfire. parts of downtown richmond literally are warzones.

The same is true of Birmingham. We have some really dangerous parts of this town. I'm lucky, I actually live in a pretty nice neighborhood. There have been some car break-ins the past few days, and that's sort of scary, but no murders.

Back
Top Bottom