I..............I don't think I like Thom Yorke.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvLady

War Child
Um I don't think this is going to go down well..... but in the spirit of the forum I'm going to be totally honest.

I find him a bit creepy ( pardon the pun ) Okay I said it! I really like Radiohead, at least Radiohead pre-Kid A. I didn't like that record or Amnesiac........ but that's not really the point.

The point is Thom. I was watching them play Knives Out on Top of the Pops a while ago and I just was erked by him. I find him to be a really unappealing frontman. His weird intensity and 'I fucking hate everyone' expressions turn me right off. And the whole whining/mumbling/wailing thing he does too.

Okay, I'm ready for you................

P.S. I am not attacking his character or talent in any way.

And thence LuvLady did express her true feelings for the great and holy man from the land of Radiohead named Thom. And instantly a great fear came across LuvLady, for Thom is much loved by the people of the great and holy land of Interference.

And LuvLady did especially fear the wrath of the great man of the Interference underworld, a man who goeth by the name of deathbear, but yet has many other names.

For many times before, many weaker then LuvLady have challenged the great and holy land of Radiohead and their holy keeper in the land of Interference, the much feared deathbear, and all have from there failed and run for the hills, in a manner not unlike a scared dog, tail betweeneth it's hind legs.

So, with this action made by LuvLady against the great and holy Thom of the much loved and respected land of Radiohead, the people of the great and holy land of Interference hold their breath and wait. Hoping that the much feared deathbear showeth some mercy in his response.

And Calluna did cry "Fries!" and the people of Interference did laugheth.

---------------------
God's are people too.

Originally posted by God:
And thence LuvLady did express her true feelings for the great and holy man from the land of Radiohead named Thom. And instantly a great fear came across LuvLady, for Thom is much loved by the people of the great and holy land of Interference.

And LuvLady did especially fear the wrath of the great man of the Interference underworld, a man who goeth by the name of deathbear, but yet has many other names.

For many times before, many weaker then LuvLady have challenged the great and holy land of Radiohead and their holy keeper in the land of Interference, the much feared deathbear, and all have from there failed and run for the hills, in a manner not unlike a scared dog, tail betweeneth it's hind legs.

So, with this action made by LuvLady against the great and holy Thom of the much loved and respected land of Radiohead, the people of the great and holy land of Interference hold their breath and wait. Hoping that the much feared deathbear showeth some mercy in his response.

Much feared deathbear?

*bursts out into hysterical laughter*

biggrin.gif

For the record, I agree with LuvLady. Thom's got a beautiful voice and great talent, but, come on - the man's a freak!

Originally posted by God:

Excellent!
**in Mr. Burns' voice

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Radiohead are a wonderful band cursed by hero worship from the media and from many of us here. Thom Yorke is an enormously talented artist capable of writing and singing the most beautiful songs you've ever heard but he's also a spoiled rotten little brat who has the audacity to whine about his good fortune. What's even more appalling and sickening are the fans who commiserate with him. Thom is a multi, multi-millionaire who can do whatever he wants with whomever he wants at whatsoever time he should choose. He makes his living doing what he pupports to love. How many of us can say that? He doesn't need a hug or your emotional support. What he needs is a good swift shaking and maybe a sharp slap across the face. What he needs is a reminder that he's got it better than 99.9% of the people who have ever lived. He has a moral obligation to enjoy it or at least not to whine about his awful lot all the time. Even Eddie Vedder finally figured out that whining about being fortunate is really unseemly. It eventually occured to the not so clever Vedder that if he didn't like his lot he could change it. That's a blessing not all of us have. My respect for the man has gone through the roof since his epiphany. Hopefully, somewhere in the dim vestiges of Thom's brain a similar thought is starting to take shape.
Don't like interviews Thom? Don't do 'em. Don't like touring? Don't tour.
Don't like being popular? Release three or four unlistenable recordings of the band farting and peeing into tin cans. People will stop caring. Believe me.

MP

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
Radiohead are a wonderful band cursed by hero worship from the media and from many of us here. Thom Yorke is an enormously talented artist capable of writing and singing the most beautiful songs you've ever heard but he's also a spoiled rotten little brat who has the audacity to whine about his good fortune. What's even more appalling and sickening are the fans who commiserate with him. Thom is a multi, multi-millionaire who can do whatever he wants with whomever he wants at whatsoever time he should choose. He makes his living doing what he pupports to love. How many of us can say that? He doesn't need a hug or your emotional support. What he needs is a good swift shaking and maybe a sharp slap across the face. What he needs is a reminder that he's got it better than 99.9% of the people who have ever lived. He has a moral obligation to enjoy it or at least not to whine about his awful lot all the time. Even Eddie Vedder finally figured out that whining about being fortunate is really unseemly. It eventually occured to the not so clever Vedder that if he didn't like his lot he could change it. That's a blessing not all of us have. My respect for the man has gone through the roof since his epiphany. Hopefully, somewhere in the dim vestiges of Thom's brain a similar thought is starting to take shape.
Don't like interviews Thom? Don't do 'em. Don't like touring? Don't tour.
Don't like being popular? Release three or four unlistenable recordings of the band farting and peeing into tin cans. People will stop caring. Believe me.

MP

Wow. A-fucking-men!

Well said!

i agree with parts to an extent that you say, however i will never agree with dieman on anything cause we are immortal enemies never to love each other ever.

but whats this about eddy vedder? what did i miss? im not a big pj fan, but what did he do to change?

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by Arabian Pre-Packaged Bear:
i agree with parts to an extent that you say, however i will never agree with dieman on anything cause we are immortal enemies never to love each other ever.

but whats this about eddy vedder? what did i miss? im not a big pj fan, but what did he do to change?

Mock the bear and he will flee from thee.

Back
Top Bottom