I hit a dog.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghetofabu

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I think it was already dead. It was laying in the road.I was leaving the base and was going for lunch. I came up to the intersection and I thought I saw a black bag in the road. It was kinda hard to tell cuz the road kinda curves. I was in a two lane road and I could not do anything. I was trapped. There was this huge street cleaner next to me on my left and the pole to the intersection light to my right. I was going to try to slow down but there was this car that was on my ass and I did not want to cause a wreck. All these things ran through my mind and all I could do was try to go over it and try not to hit it with my tires. I did that but I drive a Honda Accord and they don't have a lot of clearance. I heard the sound of it and I started to tear up and cry. I just sat in the car outside Subway for a while and was really upset. One of my co-workers said he saw it and he said it was most likely dead. I have to drive about 32 miles one way to work everyday cuz I live outside the city limits and because it is sorta the country there are a lot of people who let there animals run wild. They go across the road all the time and I keep a really good eye out and have never ever hit an animal, and that can be very difficult at night since there are no street lights. I feel so bad.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

How terrible
frown.gif

You're right, there was nothing you could have done...you were stuck.
I would have done the same thing.
((((ghetofabu))))

I almost hit one a few weeks back. A woman was walking her 2 Boston terriers, holding the leash, but of corse not attached to dogs' collars. Well one ran into the street in front of me. I swerved and braked, but was sure I had killed the dog. Fortunately the dog must have stopped just in time.

Why don't people obey leash laws?

Originally posted by Hewson:

Why don't people obey leash laws?

Because they are fucking oblivious to anything but their own selfish lives. I bet that dog belonged to someone and I bet there is a 99.9999999% chance that they just let it run wild and do whatever. I have never seen so many animals on the road as I have here. I am not exaggerating either. I have lived in other countries and not seen as many as I have in this city.

edited for missing word. SICY could you take out last post. Did it twice on accident. Sorry.
------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-22-2002).]

You should see it around here. I used to live in a very bad area, and the idiots there were too stupid and too selfish and didnt even care about their animals, just turned em loose all the time. They still do in many, if not most areas around here.
The dogs are always attacking people, other animals, getting stolen or killed. Ive seen so many dead animals in the street, including my friends beloved dog who escaped by accident.
Its really sick, so many bad drivers here, and so many ignorant people.
Dont feel so bad, you werent at fault, and the dog was already dead, right?

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 05-22-2002).]

*hugs gheto*

I know how awful you must feel. Luckily I have never hit a dog or large animal, but I felt awful when I hit and killed a squirrel, as it ran across the road playing with another squirrel. All I could think was that the other squirrel, his "friend" was probably traumatized from watching the whole thing
icon1.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

on the way to gymnastics practice i was in the car with lies (livluvbootlegmusic) and she saw a dog on our side of the road. she slammed on her brakes just in time as it darted in front of us, but the ppl going the other way didn't. they hit it going at least 35 mph. the worst thing is, they didn't even stop. it went flying into a side street, and we were just going to go see if it was ok when we saw that someone else did. i'm seriously traumatized. i'm so careful now! but why wouldn't you stop? how uncaring could you possibly be?

the world sucks...

Back
Top Bottom