I haven't watched one minute of the Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
How un-American of me, eh? :| And those Hamm twins are from my very own home town!

I'm not anti-Olympics per se, but I *am* getting more and more anti-television. I haven't really watched much on TV in about 3 months. All that's on is crap: reality shows, insipid dating shows, "Cheaters," "the Swan," Survivor leftovers, Fear Factor, S&TC....it's all ridiculously irrelevant to me. :crack:

Nope, don't have cable either. *shrug*

The "Olympic ideal" is getting lost in the manufactured coverage, sponsorship, medal counts, and highly specialized training regiments.

nbcrusader said:
The "Olympic ideal" is getting lost in the manufactured coverage, sponsorship, medal counts, and highly specialized training regiments.

Not to mention doping scandals and corrupt judges and officials.

:wink: Well, I watched as much as I could see..I am proud of not only Our athlete's but alot of them that has spent so much of their lives training for this!I try to focus on the individual personal triumphs!! The rest? Well..you know what happens..! lol!:wink:

nbcrusader said:

This goes to that but I heard that our Winners are paid mega-bucks by their agents, sponsors, endorsers, Olympic committee for each medal that win ???? is that true?

WTF....what happened to amateurism ? when did it become the point to win instead of merely participate? have the Games lost translation for the price of a buck???

Heh glad I'm not the only one. I watched the entire opening ceremonies.. then didn't watch another minute of the Olympics. :scratch:

The only thing I even really heard about was that nut who ran out on the track after that poor runner... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom