I have to vent - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > Zoo Confessionals
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2005, 07:23 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:29 PM
I have to say a heartfelt thank you to all of you. I was very cautious about writing this, I wasn't sure if this was an appropriate forum to bring this up.

I want to maybe say some things about some of the comments that were posted.

At the onset of this I'm the type of person who has to get all of the info I can about things, I bought books went back to school for some Psych courses talked to a number of Mental Health advisors, I really wanted to be able to understand what was happening so that maybe I'd be able to combat this and help her. I even joined a support group for family members with loved ones that have mental illness. All of these things helped me to get through. I even joined a lobbying group that is headquartered in Wash. DC that pressures congress to fund mental illness programs. Unfortunately under this Administration there has been massive cuts in this issue. Believe me when I say that I'm not politically motivated at all and if I offended anyone it is not to be taken that way.

All of these things actually really helped me for the longest time but after a while this had a profound effect on me. I became very depressed and sought the advice of a therapist.

I go out and go on vacations by myself and stuff like that but I didn't get married to end up pretty much going and doing everything by myself. It can be very frustrating as you can imagine.

Well anyway I thank you all for all of your kind words, I have to say that you all probably don't realize how much you've lifted me God Bless you all.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:43 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

thanks for getting back to us YBORCITYOBL....keep doing what you can to help your wife and help yourself....things will work out.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:51 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Well it sounds like you do so much to try to understand and help your wife, she's very lucky to have someone like you

Best of luck w/ everything, I admire your strength and your dedication to your wife
Old 06-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:29 PM
Old 06-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 05:29 PM
Old 06-25-2005, 08:06 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:29 PM
YBORCITYOBL Your are such a great husband! I can imagine what you must feel like. My husband is in a similar situation. I have a physical illness and clinical depression that makes it very hard for us to do much together anymore. I often think that I wouldn't blame him if he left me. Luckily like you he is an amazing man that does all he can to be a loving husband.

We've also delt with mental illness in our family. My brother is mentally ill and has not delt with it well at all. It is very hard to live with someone who doesn't cope well at all. He has never married, due to it. Most women after a while can't tolerate all the stress that comes with it.

I'll be praying for you! Hang in there. I wish I had some answers for you, but know that there are people out there who understand and do care. Vent anytime you need too! I find it helps.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:38 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I sort of know what you mean in one sense...I know a few people who got so deeply involved in certain support groups, etc...that it just overwhelmed them.

Good luck

Old 06-27-2005, 05:07 AM   #23
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:29 AM
What kind of mental illness is it, can I ask? I kept thinking you were describing the crippling fear of leaving the house that some people face, but that is not it if it is an actual diagnosed mental illness.

I do hope you both have the strength to keep going, to find an answer that will help her live a normal life and you both to experience your marriage in a new way.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:46 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
What kind of mental illness is it, can I ask? I kept thinking you were describing the crippling fear of leaving the house that some people face, but that is not it if it is an actual diagnosed mental illness.

I do hope you both have the strength to keep going, to find an answer that will help her live a normal life and you both to experience your marriage in a new way.
She has OCD/Agoraphobia. I'm REALLY bumming out big-time today. A long weekend is upon us and we used to go out to the beach for the whole weekend. It seems so long ago - it actually kinda is.

Thank you all for your supportive words - I can't convey my appreciation enough!!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:36 AM   #25
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:29 AM
How are the options in Florida, for dealing with phobias? I can only speak for here (aus) but I know there are a few different ways of approaching it. Do you even have the energy anymore to keep fighting it? I cant imagine how insurmountable this must seem. I really cant. You both must be so strong, even your wife who has to live with constant fear. Keep talking if you want to, we're here in thought for you mate.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:40 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Please know that I'm hoping for the best for you and your wife.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:51 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Thanks Diane and to you all for all the kindness, I didn't really mean to create something like this - I sometimes feel the need to let off some steam.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:51 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

That's why Zoo was created. IT's okay to let it out from time to time. It's healthy.

Best wishes
Old 07-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Go to town, vent as much as you want.......I've got HUGE issues in my life as well right now and I have vented here and it has helped a little bit.