I have to get my A level results on Thursday..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FizzingWhizzbees said:
Congratulations LJT. :hyper: :applaud: You're gonna love uni :wink:

Thanks it is just a weight gone from my shoulders to use the cliche...just good luck to everyone who is still waiting on results.:hug: :hyper:

LJT said:

Thanks it is just a weight gone from my shoulders to use the cliche...just good luck to everyone who is still waiting on results.:hug: :hyper:

Nice one! I got into uni wooo! Missed the grades for my first choice but I'm gonna ring up and try and sweet-talk them into letting me in! :wink: But still I feel so much better knowing I didn't bugger anything up majorly. Thank you all for giving me good luck and advice! :hug: And hope everyone else getting results today does well.:)

Congrats once again to painted roses.

Congrats to LJT - Bristol is a great city and psychology rocks:rockon:

1stepcloser - have fun at Leeds. If you like a few beers make sure you partake in the Otley Run too!

{paintedroses} said:

Nice one! I got into uni wooo! Missed the grades for my first choice but I'm gonna ring up and try and sweet-talk them into letting me in! :wink: But still I feel so much better knowing I didn't bugger anything up majorly. Thank you all for giving me good luck and advice! :hug: And hope everyone else getting results today does well.:)

Good luck in the sweet talking...it sounds like something you might be good at:wink:

Tilli said:
Congrats once again to painted roses.

Congrats to LJT - Bristol is a great city and psychology rocks:rockon:

1stepcloser - have fun at Leeds. If you like a few beers make sure you partake in the Otley Run too!

Thanks:hug: This place is great for a bit of moral support...i was in Bristol in April and a great city it is indeed:hyper:

Update: I'm going to Nottingham! Yay! I feel a bit stupid now complaining about how bad I've done and then getting into my first choice uni :reject:

Thanks y'all :hug:

{paintedroses} said:
Update: I'm going to Nottingham! Yay! I feel a bit stupid now complaining about how bad I've done and then getting into my first choice uni :reject:

Thanks y'all :hug:

wooooooohooooooooo:D

Tis a very good day indeed...now the packing hmm

Woohooooo peeps!! :applaud:

Congrats everyone. I was very happy with my exam results, not so happy at being photographed for the local paper (I'm gonna look so stupid when THAT pic comes out :eek: )

The worst part was that I was being photographed by the press guy before I got my results! I was stood outside waiting for a friend before going into the school hall to get the results when a fellow student (let's not confuse this with names) was like, "The press person wants to photograph people and you're one of the names on the list" so I was pictured stood looking very stupid with my arms in the air (everyone else had their exam results sheet to hold but I obviously had nothing) all the time thinking "OK, I must have done fairly well but what have I actually got?!!" and I didn't dare ask him in case he only had grades and not subjects so I might have been getting my hopes up for a top grade in a subject that I didn't actually get (if you see what I mean).

WELL DONE EVERYBODY :dance: :D :happy: etc.

Yeah there were 5 photographers at my college I was trying to avoid them all but it was like dodging bullets. Don't wanna see me in the paper next week! I was wearing sunglasses though so should be well disguised!:wink: :cool:

Well done on getting the results you want too, TheQuiet1. Yey!

TheQuiet1 said:
Congrats everyone. I was very happy with my exam results, not so happy at being photographed for the local paper (I'm gonna look so stupid when THAT pic comes out :eek: )

Congratulations on your results. :) I only managed to avoid the local paper's photographers by not picking up my results in person, lol. Apparently I got the best results in my class so the college were really pissed off when they found out I wouldn't be there to collect my results and be in the paper. At least I had a good excuse - I was on an aeroplane travelling to my gap year project at the time, lol. :D

But yes, congratulations. :applaud:

Tilli said:

haha i like many a beer and yeh i've heard about the Otley run. have you ever completed it? sounds quite intense from what i've heard of it!

ugh...just found this thread after thrifting through the rest of the forum looking for A-level threads to see how everyone did and to spread the news of my exam successes...

looks like im off to Edge Hill in 3 weeks to study Journalism!

p.s. post exam piss ups are the best! :drunk:

haha i just saw an advert for Edgehill on tv today...congrats mate...

i have to wait til October before i start uni:madspit: :wink:

haha i am just glad i got in...

LTJ - my mate goes to bristol, just starting his 2nd year, and he's annoyed as well that he doesn't start till October cos all of us lot bugger off with him still at home lol :wink:

can't beat post-exam piss ups!

1stepcloser said:
LTJ - my mate goes to bristol, just starting his 2nd year, and he's annoyed as well that he doesn't start till October cos all of us lot bugger off with him still at home lol :wink:

:madspit: which means i am stuck in belfast longer than needs be grrr

This is really bad. Four people have text me this morning saying things along the lines of you are insane I can't believe you did that last night. I'm too scared to ask what happened :help: :sad:

Princey said:
ugh...just found this thread after thrifting through the rest of the forum looking for A-level threads to see how everyone did and to spread the news of my exam successes...

looks like im off to Edge Hill in 3 weeks to study Journalism!

p.s. post exam piss ups are the best! :drunk:

Well played buddy!:wink:

1stepcloser said:

haha i like many a beer and yeh i've heard about the Otley run. have you ever completed it? sounds quite intense from what i've heard of it!

I had a go but kind of ended up in the student union most of the evening as I couldn't keep up :( I am a bit of a light weight when it comes to drinking!

Back
Top Bottom