I have to confess something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2zoogirl

War Child
please don't throw me tomatoes... but when I saw the latest bono pictures....

I thought that he was ugly!!! :( ....

I love bono... I still have a photo of him in my wallet but... I don't know...

U2zoogirl, I am moving this, since it's clearly a confession.

I have to say that you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but dont expect warm replies to this thread lol.

It will be monitored closely.

U2zoogirl said:
please don't throw me tomatoes... but when I saw the latest bono pictures....

I thought that he was ugly!!! :( ....

I love bono... I still have a photo of him in my wallet but... I don't know...

I don't think Bono looks ugly, but I do think he looks bedraggled. He looks like a guy who is tired, under a lot of stress, and perhaps, yes, a little unhappy. Or, a person who has just been on vacation. Or, a person who really doesn't care how he looks at the moment, which is totally fine by me. Frankly, I don't expect Bono to be perfectly groomed all the time. I don't think he's ugly at all. Just bedraggled.

I don't understand why anyone would start a thread about this and expect not to be flamed or joked on. Bono looks fine to me. I don't think he's 'unhappy' or 'tired' or 'bedraggled.' I put a new Bono pic in for my new avatar. I think he's beautiful. If you read the Germany pics thread dozens of others did too. He just doesn't look like he used to years ago, he's older than he used to be, maybe too old for you now? How about checking out some younger guys instead? After all he is twice your age. (But plenty of young girls are still drooling over him!) Me, I'd take Bono as he is today anytime over that scary looking guy in your avatar. We all have our own opinions. But I don't think there's any need to announce something so unkind in a thread on a U2 board, maybe that's just me. :sigh:

Last edited:
I don't think he looks ugly either. I think he looks very tired and he's looking a little bit older :reject: But he's still our Bono and i'd love him even IF he were ugly (which he isn't to me) :)

I would not say Bono looks ugly. Or bedrraggled. Aside from the sunburn and the sun lightened hair, he looks like Bono. Not an ugly Bono, just an older Bono, which is perfectly natural and beautiful to me. I think he is aging well.

U2Kitten said:
I don't understand why anyone would start a thread about this and expect not to be flamed or joked on.

off course that I expect that!!! I'm surprised myself of saying this but I felt that I have to say it... I would understand if you hate me now... when I saw that Bono's picture I felt akward, but as I said it was a thought... and instantaneus thought. Is like when I see my bf the day after a final project... he looks like hell but I still like him...

I think Soul is right... i'm not saying that he looks old but he looks so tired (yeah, maybe "ugly" is not the word) and needs vacations... I don't like when he's all around the world with all this politicians and stuff... I think he's happy making music at home and I still would be proud of him if he wasn't an activist... maybe that's my real confession :(

and one more thing... I was talking about a photo... I didn't mean to "attack" the whole person of Bono (I wouldn do that) , in fact, I know he wouldn't mind if it was so, and maybe he is thinkin the same "oh f:censored:... why they published this picture??" I have crappy photos of me too... so what?

Last edited:
If you think he looks ugly, then he looks ugly.

I personally think he has some qualities about him that could never be ugly. His chin, his nose, his eyes, yes, even his hair, even though it's very wind-blown and many other things at times.:lol:

I love him.

No one should tell you that you can't post what you want and that that can't be your "true confession."

I believe you can think he looks ugly at any given moment AND love him dearly at the same time, like you say you do.:)

Last edited:
:hug:U2zoogirl:hug:

I don't understand why people get so mad when someone states their view on how someone looks. U2zoogirl is entitled to have her opinion about Bono and see if there are any other U2 fans that agree with her.

Leave her alone! :mad:

Soul Always said:

I believe you can think he looks ugly at any given moment AND love him dearly at the same time, like you say you do.:)

Of course I love him.. very deeply... maybe cuz i'm not always posting about how i love him or how he changed my life ( his music was like medicine for me), people may think i'm anti U2 or something :( ...

but I think he needs to sleep, really, start to make music again... and to kick that photographer's ass :D ...

thank you zoney :)

U2Kitten said:
I don't understand why anyone would start a thread about this and expect not to be flamed or joked on.

i don't think that's true. she was stating her opinion and being honest.

i haven't seen the pictures in question, but i too have noticed Bono not looking his best lately. but what does it really matter what Bono looks like?

it's about much more than looks...it's his personality, his heart, his soul, and his charisma and of course the music that's much more important anyway.

and what zoney said :up:

U2zoogirl said:

Of course I love him.. very deeply... maybe cuz i'm not always posting about how i love him or how he changed my life ( his music was like medicine for me), people may think i'm anti U2 or something :( ...

but I think he needs to sleep, really, start to make music again... and to kick that photographer's ass :D ...

thank you zoney :)

You have heart for Bono, and I can appreciate that. I do, too.

I wanted to comment about your first comment that no one really even commented about but just went off on.

I love him, too, but I have noticed for over two years that life is wearing on him, especially lately...and someone would only notice that if they care, like I believe YOU do, too. He doesn't look well, he doesn't look happy. He frankly looks like a kicked dog, and I understand that. When you're not happy on the inside for some reason, or because you haven't developed it, it SHOWS on the outside eventually, especially if it gets worse and worse.

To not be happy with something or in general affects your ability to rest, affects your ability to just glow with life.

I have observed that Bono looks worn. My husband has observed that he looks "haggard." We care for him. I like him very much. No one is blaming anything for his unhappiness. But, Bono has even stated himself that he isn't. Should we ignore that statement just because it unnerves us or makes him less than perfect?

I care for him. I want him to be happy, too...and I can certainly see why some people might think he looks ugly at times, especially lately. And some people don't care for his looks EVER. I'm not going to get worked up over it.

I don't think anyone here is trying to be antagonistic.

I'll state something I believe...Bono may look unhappy, he may be unhappy, according to himself, but I believe Bono isn't fragile. He can take care of himself. AND, I believe that Bono will be fine sooner or later. There's NO rumors about anything being started here. I have my speculations...but that is something I know I should keep to myself.

U2zoogirl said:

I would understand if you hate me now... when I saw that Bono's picture I felt akward, but as I said it was a thought... and instantaneus thought. Is like when I see my bf the day after a final project... he looks like hell but I still like him...

Hey, no one hates you! Or at least I don't.... The only thing you're guilty of here is honesty, which is a good thing. That's what this forum is for. Don't feel bad. You said yourself you still love Bono. I'm not too fond of the hairstyle either, but to judge someone based on his "look" or "image" or hair is so immature and catty. I mean, my dad and mom have had bad hair days, and I still love them, right? Besides, anyone who judges you based on one thought you had about someone's hairstyle doesn't deserve your time anyway. I don't think you're less of a person for what you said. My friend Laura and I have known each other since we were 4 and we both post here now. She'd NEVER judge me or evaluate our friendship based on something I said about Bono on a fucking message board. That would be laughable! Maybe "ugly" wasn't the best choice of a word, but I see you're from Columbia so I'm guessing English is not your first language. I've spoken English my entire like and I still have trouble articulating my points! You don't have to love Bono's haircut just 'cus everyone else in PLEBA does. PLEBA is not God and your mind is your own. You're not being mean at all; the only thing mean here is people judging you based on one single post.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Hey, no one hates you! Or at least I don't.... The only thing you're guilty of here is honesty, which is a good thing. That's what this forum is for. Don't feel bad. You said yourself you still love Bono. I'm not too fond of the hairstyle either, but to judge someone based on his "look" or "image" or hair is so immature and catty. I mean, my dad and mom have had bad hair days, and I still love them, right? Besides, anyone who judges you based on one thought you had about someone's hairstyle doesn't deserve your time anyway. I don't think you're less of a person for what you said. My friend Laura and I have known each other since we were 4 and we both post here now. She'd NEVER judge me or evaluate our friendship based on something I said about Bono on a fucking message board. That would be laughable! Maybe "ugly" wasn't the best choice of a word, but I see you're from Columbia so I'm guessing English is not your first language. I've spoken English my entire like and I still have trouble articulating my points! You don't have to love Bono's haircut just 'cus everyone else in PLEBA does. PLEBA is not God and your mind is your own. You're not being mean at all; the only thing mean here is people judging you based on one single post.

:applaud: Yes, and I say keep posting whatever you want!

Frankly, yesterday and today I was very pleased to read the posts from a person named Andromeda, and yours, U2zoogirl, because I had been complaining about the same thing for days, offline...and it was nice to see that someone else picked up on the same problems.

Also, like Liv said... I agree with the philosophy that "You don't have to love Bono's haircut just 'cus everyone else in PLEBA does. PLEBA is not God and your mind is your own."

Last edited:
ABEL said:
i haven't seen the pictures in question, but i too have noticed Bono not looking his best lately. but what does it really matter what Bono looks like?

it's about much more than looks...it's his personality, his heart, his soul, and his charisma and of course the music that's much more important anyway.

:yes:

I just want to state for the record that I love Bono. I would love Bono no matter what he looks like. Sometimes he has looked as hot as can be. Other times he has looked a little run-down...but both times I care, and everything in between. I have heart for Bono.

Heart isn't just about praising someone and adoring them and thinking they're perfect. It's also noticing when they're down, or need help, and liking them then, too.

:)

Last edited:
Soul Always said:

Frankly, yesterday and today I was very pleased to read the posts from a person named Andromeda, and yours, U2zoogirl, because I had been complaining about the same thing for days, offline...and it was nice to see that someone else picked up on the same problems.

Agreed :yes:

LivLuv, btw, I LOVE your byline. It pretty much states what I think heart is.

Where did you get it?

It totally describes to me a true friend.

Soul Always said:
LivLuv, btw, I LOVE your byline. It pretty much states what I think heart is.

Where did you get it?

It totally describes to me a true friend.

It's actually lyrics from the chorus of a new Alanis Morisette song called Everything. Strange that she has something so positive to say... :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

It's actually lyrics from the chorus of a new Alanis Morisette song called Everything. Strange that she has something so positive to say... :wink:

:lol: True. I've found she says some pretty profound things sometimes. It helps to be a deep thinker, serious, and thus kind of depressed-sounding.

Personally, I think alot of the drama has to do with a select few of posters out there who are overemotional and dramatic by nature, and probably don't realize that about themselves.

I could care less about what people say about Bono. It really is all about the other more important things about him that we all love, and alot of these things have brought us all together here at Interference. Luckily alot of us are able to disagree agreeably and make it work. We learn to move on and forgive.

Arguing about who thinks what about what pictures is moronic. It's NOT important, and certainly not worth people getting overemotional and upset to the point of hysterics about. I think what is needed here is some PERSPECTIVE.

We are also grown people and there has been a bit of temper tantrums thrown too. Again, let's put some of this in perspective. I mean, if we can't all respect each other's right to have an opinion on things beit Bono's face, hair, lyrics, POP, etc - then why bother coming to a message forum? Why live in a world that is of your same choir? It makes no sense.

HelloAngel said:
Personally, I think alot of the drama has to do with a select few of posters out there who are overemotional and dramatic by nature, and probably don't realize that about themselves.

I could care less about what people say about Bono. It really is all about the other more important things about him that we all love, and alot of these things have brought us all together here at Interference. Luckily alot of us are able to disagree agreeably and make it work. We learn to move on and forgive.

Arguing about who thinks what about what pictures is moronic. It's NOT important, and certainly not worth people getting overemotional and upset to the point of hysterics about. I think what is needed here is some PERSPECTIVE.

We are also grown people and there has been a bit of temper tantrums thrown too. Again, let's put some of this in perspective. I mean, if we can't all respect each other's right to have an opinion on things beit Bono's face, hair, lyrics, POP, etc - then why bother coming to a message forum? Why live in a world that is of your same choir? It makes no sense.
:up: :yes:

:applaud: Well said!

I am a Pleban from waaaaay back and it has been ages since I've been there...today I dropped in to this very dramatic thread, and I had forgotten about these heated debates. I don't think there's anything wrong with them, as long as they don't get personal, if everyone said the same thing, it would be pretty boring.

Anyway, all I wanted to add was it's one thing for people who know nothing about U2 to criticize the band, but honestly, we all love them, that's why we're here. If anyone's allowed to criticize, it's us. Mostly, it's all in good fun. And of course our love extends way beyond looks, that's just an added bonus for the women. ;)

We practically feel we know them as personal friends, and as such, talk about them that way. Just as I would say a friend or family member (or myself) looks terrible, I would say the same about a member of U2. And frankly, I don't think Bono is looking his best these days, he does look very worn out. But so what? It doesn't take one thing from how much I love him, and it shouldn't for anyone else either. If someone wants to tell me Edge is bald and has bad teeth (which many have) then bring it on! :mad: :p

Perspective is indeed the word of the day here. I think another problem is we tend to take an "attack" on U2, no matter how mundane, as an attack on ourselves because we identify so closely with them. I mean, I've had U2 as a major part of my life for 17 years! Of course I consider them a part of me. This IS the internet, you WILL get a variety of personalities, and what matters at the end of the day is our own personal feelings, not what anyone else thinks. It's just nice when they agree with us.

:)

If we survived the POP baldness we'll get through anything :D

;)

Seriously, though - and don't get me wrong - who cares, in a way? Sure we might have preference haircuts but it's not really why we like the band. Yes, they ARE human with good and bad days and NO they're not getting any younger (hair gets grey, lines in the face come up) - that said I think they look allright for their age.
(except Larry's eternal youthful appearance of course, Michael Jackson eat your heart out lol!)

Back
Top Bottom