I have to confess something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HelloAngel said:
Personally, I think alot of the drama has to do with a select few of posters out there who are overemotional and dramatic by nature, and probably don't realize that about themselves.

I could care less about what people say about Bono. It really is all about the other more important things about him that we all love, and alot of these things have brought us all together here at Interference. Luckily alot of us are able to disagree agreeably and make it work. We learn to move on and forgive.

Arguing about who thinks what about what pictures is moronic. It's NOT important, and certainly not worth people getting overemotional and upset to the point of hysterics about. I think what is needed here is some PERSPECTIVE.

We are also grown people and there has been a bit of temper tantrums thrown too. Again, let's put some of this in perspective. I mean, if we can't all respect each other's right to have an opinion on things beit Bono's face, hair, lyrics, POP, etc - then why bother coming to a message forum? Why live in a world that is of your same choir? It makes no sense.

Oh bravo! I see all the thumbs up and claps for you, what a speech! So I must ask, does the same thing apply to someone who doesn't like COLDPLAY? Is that a different choir you like to hear? Why, the last time I said the reasons I didn't like Coldplay you became defensive and told me I shouldn't do it, that it upsets people who like them. So let me get this straight, it's okay to complain about Bono's looks, but not Coldplay is that it?

No look I'm serious here. I need an answer. Don't tell me to 'let it go or give me the rolleyes or the banghead. I WANT to let it go but it remains unresolved and the hypocrisy of your standards here are eating me up. I'll finally let go when I have an answer to this. No I don't want to PM the mods, because other than you HelloAngel it's not mods I want an answer from, it's regular posters here, especially zoney. Zoney hates me so much that he took up with a person who is wackier than I am, that had 5 threads deleted in 2 days, because he wants to be her friend because she's against me. Zoney also gave massive huggies to the girl who said she thought Bono was ugly and hailed her right to her opinion, yet when I give my opinion about Coldplay and Chris Martin, he tells me to SHUT UP and that negative opinions cause trouble! :shrug: :crazy:

So it's like this, a right to an opinion is a great thing, but apparently only for certain people and on certain subjects. I am perplexed here and I need an answer and feel deserve one, even if the answer is, because we don't like you Michelle, which is what I think it must be. Or perhaps it's go ahead and diss Bono, because it pisses off Michelle and we think that's funny, but don't mess with our Coldplay or something close to OUR hearts or we'll burn you at the stake. What else could account for the hypocrisy? I want an honest and straightforward answer, not a lecture on how I should shut up. All I'm saying is, what's sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander, no pot calling the kettle black, and liberty and justice for ALL. You can't have it both ways, either EVERYONE on EVERY subject has the right to their opinion, or no one does.

You know what girls? We've been pretty busy shutting all these threads down the last few days and honestly, I reckon we are not the only ones who are a bit tired of it. It really is a shame that fights are occuring with this frequency lately on this board. I don't mean this in a pitying condescending way. It IS a shame. A shame that this seems to be getting to people in such a way that arguments are breaking out over it.

So you know what? Knock yourselves out. If you all need to vent, do it. Lets keep it as civilised as we are all more than capable of, and not keep this going on into spin off threads for the next 2 weeks. Here is your thread girls.

We maintain that every opinion is welcome when posted with respect, so go for it. We all know which posts are solely for the purpose of a shit stir, so please, enjoy the fruits of your labour.

I really don't mean to 'stir shit' there's been enough of that lately. I HATE people who do things just to cause trouble, I REALLY do. Someone else has already disrupted the peacefulness we've been having and now that older shit has been stirred and come to the top let's clean it up so it never surfaces again. This is something that has bugged me for awhile, and with this thread here the hypocrisy is so obvious and thick you could bake a cake with it. All I want are some real answers to my questions once and for all and I'll never mention it again. WHY are some people hugged for their negative opinions and others crucified? I have made some valid points and asked some honest questions. I feel as a person, and as a long standing member of this forum with close to 10,000 posts I at least deserve that courtesy.

As another example of zoney's hypocrisy and singling people out, I see he tore pepokiss a new one for a comment he made in the 'look gay' thread but let the girls go for basically the same thing. Again, why is it okay for some and not others?

I never said I hated you.

You really need to move beyond this.

It really seems like you make a LOT of stuff up in your head that really isn't true.

zoney! said:
I never said I hated you.

Actions speak louder than words.

You really need to move beyond this.

Impossible until I get an answer WHY do you huggie a girl for her "right" to say Bono is ugly and say how everyone should be able to express their opinions, but YOU bash me for my dislike of Coldplay, what is the difference? All I can see is that you dislike me and PLEBA so you take up for the looks bashing thing but it doesn't go the other way for me. Just admit it and I'll 'move on.' But you denying the double standard makes no sense.

It really seems like you make a LOT of stuff up in your head that really isn't true.

Nope. I wish it wasn't.

If you really think it's not true than prove it. The things I posted are the way I see them. Of course others aren't going to because they aren't me and aren't so closely involved that it would matter. 99 people could line up and go 'oh zoney didn't do that' and it would mean nothing because I know what I saw and how I feel. No one can read your mind or mine so only WE know.

Last edited:
Seriously...I have "taken up" with someone you claim is "wackier" than you are? I have debated with Soul....and agreed on some points. We have agreed on some points, and in the past, I have tried to show you that we are both saying the same thing in Coldplay arguments....but you only think i am there to put you down. It has been horribly frustrating to have a conversation with you on these message boards...because you never see that people are TRYING to agree with you on some topics.

I also gave "major huggies" ( :lol: ) that voiced their opinion. And again, you have yet to realize that I have never had a problem with you disliking the looks or music of Coldplay or Chris Martin. It is your opinion. The thing is...you do not let that go - you KEEP driving it down people's throats everytime someone needs to mention their opinion on Bono's appearance. It is your token defense.

As for singling Pepokiss out in that other thread...I have a very low tolerance for Racism and ignorance. Pepokiss was calling what U2 members where doing "GAY" - NOT effeminate. The stereotype here is that "ALL GAY MEN ARE EFFEMINATE." Sounds pretty racist if you ask me.

U2Kitten said:
Why, the last time I said the reasons I didn't like Coldplay you became defensive and told me I shouldn't do it, that it upsets people who like them. So let me get this straight, it's okay to complain about Bono's looks, but not Coldplay is that it?

You know, it might behoove you in future "arguments" with people to actually make sure you have the situation correctly, and not under the guise of a very very emotional heatup. I never told you you shouldn't do anything. But here, since you brought it up, this is what you had said:

Originally posted by U2Kitten
...and I can never understand why anyone can't see or hear that unless they just love Coldplay so much they want to think they are innovative and original or something. They are U2 wannabees and ripoffs and if anybody wants to like them for that okay, but to me it's a cheap imitation I don't care for at all.

To which I said:

Don't you think that's a tad assumptive against Coldplay fans? I love Coldplay because they make beautiful music, and Chris is a wonderful lyricist. Yes, they are very influenced by U2, but that has never been a reason I've seen by ANY U2 fan for liking Coldplay. I LOVE Billy Joel - is it because I LOVE Elton John? Absolutely NOT.

I've never seen Coldplay as innovative or original. I don't know if anybody does. What they are good at is making very touching music that on many occasions, brings me to tears. I don't suckle at the Coldplay teet; I just think they make beautiful music. [

In a later post, I also stated that I refuse to defend Coldplay. How is that me being "defensive" or telling you not to do something? If you are having a problem with people being nasty to you over Coldplay, perhaps you should approach a mod so that the nasty people can be dealt with. I apologize that people have been nasty to you over your dislike of Coldplay. Personally, I couldn't give a rat's ass what you or anyone else thinks of Coldplay. What *I* defended above was Coldplay fans against what you had said about them. Nothing more.

I think it's very telling that many people here are imploring you to cool off. Perhaps you should. I realize this forum is important to you, and yes, everyone should have the right to express themselves about Coldplay, Bono and whatever else they want to discuss. If someone is nasty to you about your opinions of Coldplay, POP or whatever, just ignore them.

Last edited:
On pepokiss, I don't see the difference between what he did and what the girls were joking about. I have also seen pepokiss fried before for his opinions.

If you and I are on the same side in the Coldplay thing, you coulda fooled me. You rip into me every time I mention it. You say I won't let it go, but I only mention it when it comes up, then if the same people gush over them why can't the same ones say they don't like them? It's like the POP/ATYCLB bashing on EYKIW. Everybody knows damn well who hates those albums but every time you turn around there's a new thread and the same people say the same things. Are you going to go tell them to 'let it go?' Of course not. They all have a right to their opinion no matter how many times we've heard it and don't want to and don't care. But I do not get that courtesy.

When this stuff came up on PLEBA that drug over here, I tried desperately to explain that while we may all be free to say what we want, some things shouldn't be said or there will be trouble and it's best not to. I used my Coldplay experiences as background experience. Then I find out, no, I'm wrong, they can say whatever the hell they please (as long as they don't start 4 different threads whining about the rules) and that has to be respected?? Ah but there was no respect for me, so I saw the double standard and hypocrisy and I wanted an explaination.

Personally I wish we could all go back to a few days ago, the day I posted the new pics of Bono in Germany and we could all have just enjoyed them and not had all this bullshit break out (it's more than you know because several threads have been deleted) One person said today they had to dig through a lot of overdramatic nonsense to get to the pics and that's what I thought all along, even though I got involved. Well next time I won't, I'll sit back and let others hang themselves and look the fool. I've really had enough. Ain't no point in talking when there ain't nobody listenin' as Rod Stewart once said.

U2Kitten:

I like Coldplay. I can see how you dislike Coldplay. It is really frustrating to see thise horribly silly arguments about POP being better than ATYCLB or how Bono is more attractive than Chris Martin. In the end...WHO CARES? When we die, will our maker care about our opinion on which album is better? Our opinion on who is more attractive (Paul Hewson or Chris Martin)? Will we be judged by our credit rating?

LISTEN: the whole thing betwen you and mean...its REALLY frustrating. I feel like I am constantly banging my head against the wall. Everytime there is an argument, you need to bring my name into it. You even come into my "Interference home" IO (much like PLEBA for you) and look for some validation or something.

Lets both do ourselves a favor.....lets agree to disagree...Truce?

U2Kitten said:
On pepokiss, I don't see the difference between what he did and what the girls were joking about. I have also seen pepokiss fried before for his opinions.

again..effeminate versus GAY.

speaking of someone speficic actions saying they are not very MANLY as opposed to calling someones actions "GAY." Gay is a sexual orientation...not a mannuerism. Would you ever say "look at him...he is walking like a caucasin" when he is asian or african-american? No...because there is no specific way caucasins walk as opposed to other races.

Can we please cease fire on Coldplay?

As for ATYCLB/Coldplay, if you're also asking me, U2Kitten, I always said what bothered me about those statements. It's not WHAT is said, it's the WAY it's said that makes me - and probably other people - mad. Empty statements without any validation or intelligent, reasonable critisism.
(frankly, how can words like "crap", "shit", "this sucks" fly to well anyway? especially when talking to someone who happens to like that very same "crap" and "shit" and "sucky" thing) Better still, sometimes they pull out things that I honestly don't know where they got them from. (ATYCLB is more computerised than 90's U2? It's "pop"?)

IMO, ATYCLB has also been way more bashed here than it ever deserved. (ironically, you'd think that a U2 fan forum would be THE place where all U2 albums get recognition.)

Last edited:
Zoney while I still don't feel I have gotten satisfactory explainations, I am more than willing to call a truce with you, not only on this but for everything past present and future. May we never lock horns again.

And if it is really your birthday, man, I had no idea. :reject: Have a good one.

I am going to try to take a break from this place, life is enough of a pain, this 'used' to be my happy place, now I'll try to find another one. Later.

U2Kitten said:

Oh bravo! I see all the thumbs up and claps for you, what a speech! So I must ask, does the same thing apply to someone who doesn't like COLDPLAY? Is that a different choir you like to hear? Why, the last time I said the reasons I didn't like Coldplay you became defensive and told me I shouldn't do it, that it upsets people who like them. So let me get this straight, it's okay to complain about Bono's looks, but not Coldplay is that it?

No look I'm serious here. I need an answer. Don't tell me to 'let it go or give me the rolleyes or the banghead. I WANT to let it go but it remains unresolved and the hypocrisy of your standards here are eating me up. I'll finally let go when I have an answer to this. No I don't want to PM the mods, because other than you HelloAngel it's not mods I want an answer from, it's regular posters here, especially zoney. Zoney hates me so much that he took up with a person who is wackier than I am, that had 5 threads deleted in 2 days, because he wants to be her friend because she's against me. Zoney also gave massive huggies to the girl who said she thought Bono was ugly and hailed her right to her opinion, yet when I give my opinion about Coldplay and Chris Martin, he tells me to SHUT UP and that negative opinions cause trouble! :shrug: :crazy:

So it's like this, a right to an opinion is a great thing, but apparently only for certain people and on certain subjects. I am perplexed here and I need an answer and feel deserve one, even if the answer is, because we don't like you Michelle, which is what I think it must be. Or perhaps it's go ahead and diss Bono, because it pisses off Michelle and we think that's funny, but don't mess with our Coldplay or something close to OUR hearts or we'll burn you at the stake. What else could account for the hypocrisy? I want an honest and straightforward answer, not a lecture on how I should shut up. All I'm saying is, what's sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander, no pot calling the kettle black, and liberty and justice for ALL. You can't have it both ways, either EVERYONE on EVERY subject ....................

U2 Kitten, you say you want fairness and no banging heads, etc. Then WHY did you just bang your head in the Bono folder and try to stop people from saying what they want about Bono? Please...do not say you believe in one thing when you're doing the other thing simultaneously.

Now you're judging me, too.

Last edited:
if I learend something from Bono ( actually i think I have learned many things thankfully) But one of the things is to take it on the chin.. this is a forum I have never spoken to most of everyone hear or met them or had any other encounters with them . They don't know me I dont really know them.. you can really write anything you want at the end of the day it is the people that know me that I care about and that care about me who's
opinion matters.. I person who sees what your write on line and judges you well what can I say you just let it go because what do they know about who you are?? you have to take that with a grain of salt everyone has critics..
It's hard to tell unless you look at a person or maybe even speak with them .. you pick up a lot from tone and gestures etc that you miss in the written word..
Someone might think I am egotisticall cause I talk alot about Africa or how I wanna do my part in helping this emergency or whatevere.. some might call me preachey.. thats there opinion I wont stop doing it ..becaue at the end of the day i have to be happy with me and look at myself in the mirror and be able to say I didnt comprise my character I didnt cheat and I did my best to be a good person.. that doesnt always work out the way it should but I try..some days are better then others.. If I offend someone I will apologise I hate to hurt peoples feelings they can accept that or not.
there you go my rant.. bash away if you must .. I dont judge anyone else here nor should any of us.. smile alot and be happy it could always be worse

Katey said:
if I learend something from Bono ( actually i think I have learned many things thankfully) But one of the things is to take it on the chin.. this is a forum I have never spoken to most of everyone hear or met them or had any other encounters with them . They don't know me I dont really know them.. you can really write anything you want at the end of the day it is the people that know me that I care about and that care about me who's
opinion matters.. I person who sees what your write on line and judges you well what can I say you just let it go because what do they know about who you are?? you have to take that with a grain of salt everyone has critics..
It's hard to tell unless you look at a person or maybe even speak with them .. you pick up a lot from tone and gestures etc that you miss in the written word..
Someone might think I am egotisticall cause I talk alot about Africa or how I wanna do my part in helping this emergency or whatevere.. some might call me preachey.. thats there opinion I wont stop doing it ..becaue at the end of the day i have to be happy with me and look at myself in the mirror and be able to say I didnt comprise my character I didnt cheat and I did my best to be a good person.. that doesnt always work out the way it should but I try..some days are better then others.. If I offend someone I will apologise I hate to hurt peoples feelings they can accept that or not.
there you go my rant.. bash away if you must .. I dont judge anyone else here nor should any of us.. smile alot and be happy it could always be worse

I agree with you. I don't take what people say about me to heart. They may annoy me, irritate me, anger me, push me, but that's only because I'm a firecracker.:lol: I can go off on the littlest things, but no one can touch my inner happiness, self-esteem, self-confidence, etc.

What bothers me is not what people say about me, it's that they're saying it without, like you said, seeing me face to face, seeing my gestures, looking at my face, hearing the tone of what I am saying. It's the same in real life. It does not bother me WHAT people say because I have so much self-confidence and self-esteem most of the time I take anything anyone says about me as a compliment to me for one reason or another. But, I greatly dislike ignorance, intolerance, close-mindedeness, incorrect presumptions and assumptions, untruths. If something is blatantly untrue about me, it may not affect me personally, my self-esteem, etc., but I still find untruths very annoying. So, I'll call them on it every time. It's my way to stand up for truth, justice, and everything else I believe in.

And I agree that at the end of the day all that matters to me is that I followed my own values, that what I do is truly what I want to do, and that I tried, rather than let fear and what other people say rain on my parade. So, people get mad at me, annoyed at me, even hate me, etc., because I refuse to be pulled down. You know..."misery loves company."

I've been out of here for a couple of days and i have to say that I wouldn't imagine that this thread evolve to the ideas that I'm reading now... well, maybe my way isn't the right one to start a serious and huge debate (that even wasn't my intention), but there are things here that I think are important and help to understand the meaning of being in a forum like this...

Back
Top Bottom