I have the worst luck with electrical appliances.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
In the past twelve months, my husband and I have had to replace the following items: a PC, a laptop hard drive, a Playstation, a TV, a printer, and a sandwich toaster. With the exception of the printer and the TV (which was only 2-3 years old), all of these items were only a couple of months old when they stopped working. :crack:

The worst experiences by far, however, have been with our fridge freezers. When we moved into this flat last September, we had my husband's grandmother's fridge freezer which was only a couple of years old. In October, it suddenly stopped working. We payed £80 to have a repairman come out and replace a valve on it. It worked intermittently for about a week, then gave out entirely. We bought a used but reconditioned fridge freezer which was delivered a week later (so we'd gone a total of three weeks without a working fridge freezer). That one stopped working two weeks ago. We paid £40 for a repairman to come out only to tell us that the circuit board had gone and there was nothing he could do. We decided to rent our next refrigerator because we're planning to move to London in the next six months. So we arranged a delivery, only to find that the fridge they were delivering was too wide to fit through the door of our building. :|

So we waited ANOTHER week to have one pulled from another city's store's stock, and thought everything was fine until we realized the new fridge had been on for 24 hours and the fridge bit still hadn't gotten cold (though at least the freezer on this one is working). A repairman from the rental company (thankfully this visit was free) came out on Thursday and said we'd have to have it replaced because there was no way to fix it. So they arranged a delivery of yet another fridge freezer.

I started to worry that they'd try to deliver the one that wouldn't fit through the door a couple of weeks ago, so I called them today and they said there's no way to guarantee it won't be the same one (you think they'd keep a record of these things). :crack: They said that if it is the same one, our only option will be to rent a refrigerator and a seperate freezer, which we have no room for in our tiny flat. :mad: I am now absolutely positive that when the new fridge is delivered on Wednesday it will be the same one they tried to deliver two weeks earlier.

As we go into our third week without a refrigerator (which means VERY expensive daily grocery shopping) and await the deliver of fridge number FIVE, I am seriously starting to lose my patience with life. :|

It could be worse

But at the same time........ I love food, so.......
my condolences

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I really hope your 'fridgerator situation works out for the best

Maybe you'll come across a sort of superfridge because of this whole.. experience...... somehow........... maybe....... .......

Back
Top Bottom