I have never been on a plane....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya that's what my dad says. He knows there's a slim chance of a plane crash (although once he and my mom were flying over Lake Michigan and one of the engines fell out and they almost crashed) but he'd rather take the chance of a car accident than plunging hoplessly to his death.

:up: fah :up:

my point EXACTLY.

I see and talk to people who travel in SMALL Commercial airplanes everyday, often on four or feg legs a day (that means the plane is doing eight to ten flights - take of and landings - a day). Yes, the flight attendants and pilots of these planes.

What I don't think fear mongers understand is how often planes are up in the air everyday. And doing it perfectly safe.

you can't reason with fear though
and the fear of dying when your plane crashes is a very real one

I sort of like flying myself though
at least it's quick :up:

:) Well, i like flying. i have flown to Euro 4 times, and even to Arizona..something like a 30 minutes airride from Los Angeles...and i still would rather fly than drive! it's just so much..faster!and for me..Going is easier..it's coming back where i get jet lag..! And with a busy work and school schedule..it's just more convient for my to fly, and not spend so much time getting there and coming back!:wink:

I have also been on many small planes. Little Fokker Friendships and Herrons (sp?). I once went on 7 consecutive small flights from Mt Isa to Dampier (mining towns). If we didnt do that it would have been a horrendous drive for days through several deserts/arid areas. yeuck.

Salome said:
at least it's quick :up:

Death related to flying, or comparing flying to ground transport (timewise)? :shifty:

Yes, it is hard to argue against fear (psychological reasons). I get antsy siting in one place too long. I suck at flights longer than 45 minutes.

Here's a question, why do some people that get to fly still complain endlessly about flying? Like, do they think riding in a cramped car for 30 hrs with smelly guys is somehow more comfortable than an 8 hr flight? And then they complain about lack of sleep...but they're not the one driving/riding for 30 hrs....

Doozer61 just left LAX for Hawaii 30 minutes ago..she told me this is the longest she's ever been on a flight over so much water! :lol:

She really needed to get away; I think she can put up with all of the tangibles that go with it!

And Justified - :yikes: once every five days...I guess that's 4-6 times a month, 2 hours early for each flight...that's 8 to 12 hours a month of dead time....take your running shoes to the airport. :)

beli said:
Well its a bit difficult to drive to Bali so I have been on planes. Have you guys left your continent?

The furthest I have been is Nottingham - that was 12 years ago. I havent left Ireland since then. :| lol.

zonelistener said:
two hours early (except for LAX, JFK or ORD) isn't really needed. And I know Justified is one savvy traveler. I bet she checks in online. :D

With those calculations, :hmm:, Mrs. Edge's flight leaves Friday morning at 8 a.m. = arrival at LAX by 6 a.m. = have to get up to leave OC by ???? :yikes:

zonelistener said:
And I know Justified is one savvy traveler. I bet she checks in online. :D

indeed! :sexywink:
:hug: Delta Online and Kiosks :hug: and don't fret Mr. BAW, I always wear my tennis shoes to the airport even if I am in a suit.

zonelistener said:
shove a bowl of cereal in front of her...she'll be fine :D

:laugh:

Um...she didn't get any breakfast while we were with her but let's just say it was good thing we got her to LAX 2 hours early.

It wasn't pleasant making her get up at 5:00 a.m. but the long lines at Air Canada and the baggage X-ray area was an eye opener...I don't even know how long security upstairs took. :yikes:

Hi bammo :wave: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom