I have lost all faith in love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemonboy said:
love is for other people but me.

That's not true. You're a sweet guy, you hang in there. There will always be temporary setbacks, love is never easy or painless. The key is to really know that it's temporary.

It hurts so much now but it's part of life and love to experience the pain.

Here's my story. I had just gotten in a messy breakup years ago. I told myself, even others that I didn't want to have a girlfriend, but I only said this because I was hurt and didn't think I would get another girlfriend. Especially when my best friend dating my ex almost immediately after the breakup.

Even more funny was this. I told my friends I would never date anyone younger than me for sure this time and certainly not someone from Grand Rapids, Michigan. 5 months or so, I met this girl 2 years younger than me and from Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm married now.

Seriously, you're my age. We're young!! ;) (I looked in your profile. :reject: ) You are young and there is no need to give up. BUT!!! There is no need to freak out either. Some of the best relationships I know started out of nowhere. Like I mean when one said those exact words that you said above. Hang in there. Your time will come. man:hug:

I'm going through something very rough. I understand completely what you're saying. But I've gone through this once before and I do remember coming through. I do remember smiling again. Right now, even for me, it doesn't ever seem like it. And sure, I fake it in social gatherings but you know what my soul just feels completely crippled and totalled. Long story short, I had been terribly dissapointd with women before and this this miracle girl showed up and filled my life with happiness ...only to do the exact same thing the first one did 10 months later.

I know it sucks to think that you have to go through all this pain and suffering only to "learn". I know, life, you could've just told me. I probably wouldn't've caught the lesson as well as I've understood it now that I'm bruised and battered but you could've just told me.

Anyway, I truly am with you right now with being hopeless. But we're not the first two people to feel this way and everybody has come through. I guess statistics are on our side.

Hang in there, my friend. We will walk on.

Come on, don't post a friggin' thread if you're not going to elaborate at all :|

I think you made this thread just to make people talk about the subject :p Sorry if you didn't... But I guess heartbreak happens to everybody, even when yu think you have a stable life with someone... So just lift your head and to quote something very popular "There's a lot of fish in the sea".

Lemonboy said:

In myself? No.

In love? Yes.

Love is for a few select people. I'm not one of them.

:grumpy: A few? Pfft. K-Fed found love (for a few months), so why can't you? :wink:

unico said:

i think you should think about what you just said...and then reconsider my question.

Why?

I have made peace with the situation.

If I happen to be wrong it would be nice but I won't count on it.

I may still be young but I'm not young, stupid and naive anymore.

Lemonboy said:

Why?

I have made peace with the situation.

If I happen to be wrong it would be nice but I won't count on it.

I may still be young but I'm not young, stupid and naive anymore.

You don't have to be young, stupid and naive for love. It will find a way back to you, if you believe it or not.

You must believe in yourself to believe in Love. Love is not just for select few, it is out there, bigger than life, there for the taking, for those who wish to experience Love. If you are closed up to love, if you turn a blind eye to it and shut it out of your heart and Being, of course you aren't going to be open to experiencing Love again until you heal or are ready for it. But just because you don't feel you have love in your life right now doesn't mean you aren't a good person or capable of loving or finding love again. If you have been hurt, take the time to heal and nurture yourself and decide if you want to find love again before you jump back in and don't let anyone push you. Also there are many different kinds of Love---love for pets, love for hobbies and interests, love for family, children, love with a significant other, a Lover. Most importantly Love yourself.

I also agree, don't come in here and post something totally vague with a few one liners without people popping in to try to help or keep a dialogue goign without debate. Unless that is the motive behind the initial post. Most of those who post in ZC hang around to help one another or to share experiences, to share the Love that is a big part of Interference.

Good Luck to you finding whatever it is you are looking for.

I understand you. I really do. Nothing ever happens to me either and i am all freaked out when they say: love will lfind the way. Yea, love really lost the way towards me for about 15 years(and i am not 15)
I am old enough to say It DOESNT happen to everyone. Just not.
If you care to read my story , here it is: iam not ugly, not stupid.I go out very often. There is absolutely nothing i can do. It just isnt there for some f..reason. Thats all.

Last edited:
You can't force anyone to love you, but you can enjoy your love for other people, things, animals..., the more you give, the more you receive.
It's difficult to try to help you as you don't feel confident enough to tell us what worries you, so we can only state general things, maybe this is not the right place for you to explain, then find someone who you can tell, I'm sure you'll find someone who cares because s/he loves you, even if it isn't in a romantic way. Open yourself, please. Things will improve.

Lemonboy said:
I was saddenly pathetic.

And first and foremost dead wrong.

So you're back on the love train?

Good for you! :)

I don't live in a relationship, but my life is full of love. Actually, I feel more loved now than I ever have before in my life. If you have an open heart and mind, love will find its way to you. You have to believe and don't try to hard, just open up and be prepared. I think the most important thing is that you are ready to LOVE, to give love yourself. Without that, you won't be able to receive love.

Back
Top Bottom