I have fallen for a man who resembles Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billie Midol

Refugee
There..I said it. This man strongly resembles Bono when he was a little younger (yeah..:cute:..he's a babe). I know that I really like him (let's call him Mr X..) for his own personality and for himself but I can't help but wonder if a big part of it is his resemblance to Bono. He even has a cleft chin like Bono (which I find absoultely irresistable !:drool:)

We are really getting to know each other now . He knows I am a fan of U2 but he does not realize how much of a fan I am .For example, if he knew I was on a website talking about Bono...as well as HIM...well... he probably would not be too happy about it! LMAO!!!

Have any of you ladies out there ever dated a man who resembled Bono? Did it really make a difference after you got to know him? I know this is rather personal although Angela AKA Moonlit_Angel and I have discussed this a little bit in the Bono's Sexiest Videos thread.(love ya girl! :wink:)

Thanks for indulging me and for any feedback you can give .BTW,I love this place! :bono: :D

Last edited:
Something similar happened to me with a guy who resembled Larry... I say it's ok. You're just attracted to that type. You know he's not Bono. But I think you should tell him you're a huge Bono and U2 fan. If he's ok with it, then no problem!

Just make sure you don't ever, ever call him Bono... especially during... you know. :ohmy:

Well, my boyfriend is the Bono in a U2 tribute band. :drool:

I admit that his Bono-ness does make him sexier to me, but it's his real personality that I fell for. When I look at him now I don't even think of Bono.

At first, everyone that I knew gave me these little 'talks' about how he's not really Bono. I think that they all thought that I was going crazy or something. My Bono obsession was well known so it was a little strange for people to adjust to.

But once everyone got to know him better, they saw what a wonderful guy I was with and also stopped thinking of him as a fake Bono.

Trust me, if you decide to go for this guy (and why not, a little Bono in every man is a good thing) and things work out then he will stop reminding you of Bono. Maybe even the tables will turn and Bono will remind you of him.

Good luck!

flaming june said:
Something similar happened to me with a guy who resembled Larry... I say it's ok. You're just attracted to that type. You know he's not Bono. But I think you should tell him you're a huge Bono and U2 fan. If he's ok with it, then no problem!

Thanks,FJ! I will follow your advice! :up:

Originally posted by flaming june

Just make sure you don't ever, ever call him Bono... especially during... you know. :ohmy:

LMMFAO!!!That's hilarious!!!:laugh: I will try not to...:uhoh: ;)

spinninghead77 said:
Well, my boyfriend is the Bono in a U2 tribute band. :drool:

I admit that his Bono-ness does make him sexier to me, but it's his real personality that I fell for. When I look at him now I don't even think of Bono.

At first, everyone that I knew gave me these little 'talks' about how he's not really Bono. I think that they all thought that I was going crazy or something. My Bono obsession was well known so it was a litle strange for people to adjust to.

But once everyone got to know him better, they saw what a wonderful guy I was with and also stopped thinking of him as a fake Bono.

Trust me, if you decide to go for this guy (and why not, a little Bono in every man is a good thing) and things work out then he will stop reminding you of Bono. Maybe even the tables will turn and Bono will remind you of him.

Good luck!

OMG!!!! You are so awesome to share that with me,spinninghead77!!! :D I can't thank you enough . It sounds like you REALLY understand the situation and I love what you said about how perhaps Bono will remind me of him one day. I think that has actually started to happen a little bit ..:cute:...:sexywink:

U2zoogirl said:
good luck Billie !!! :D

gee... I wanna a boy friend... :hmm:

Thank you,U2zoogirl. Good luck to you as well but you will find someone. Honestly,it always seems that when you are NOT looking for a boyfriend is when you always meet an interesting man...:sexywink:

Re: Re: I have fallen for a man who resembles Bono

~*Buffalo*~ said:

I wish! :sexywink:

I don't think it's a problem. In fact, I'd think it's a bonus to have a man who looks like Bono! :D Go for it.

You're right!!! It IS a bonus!!!

I have to say though, Mr X is pretty damn sexy in his own right! I was practically drooling while looking at him today. He gets some of those cute Bono- like expressions on his face and I can't help but be reminded of who he resembles!!!:love: :bono:

Billie Midol said:

Thank you,U2zoogirl. Good luck to you as well but you will find someone. Honestly,it always seems that when you are NOT looking for a boyfriend is when you always meet an interesting man...:sexywink:

thanks Billie :D ... you're absolutely right :yes:

Well... I've never dated a man who resembled Bono, but I dated a man who resembled b- real ( :drool: ) for two years, and when I was 17 I dated a guy who was obsessed with Wolverine (thank God it was just for a month :huh: )

U2zoogirl said:

Thanks!:D Yeah, I didn't get to see him today so I was a little bummed. :( I will see him tomorrow. I really look forward to seeing him every day even if it's just for a little while...OMG!! In a Little While....he's bringing new meanings to U2 songs for me now...LMAO!!! :wink:

U2zoogirl said:

thanks Billie :D ... you're absolutely right :yes:

Well... I've never dated a man who resembled Bono, but I dated a man who resembled b- real ( :drool: ) for two years, and when I was 17 I dated a guy who was obsessed with Wolverine (thank God it was just for a month :huh: )

I hope you meet a man with Bono qualities. As much as I go on about Bono's sexy looks, it's really his intelligence and warmth that makes him so irresistable...:drool: :sexywink:

Last edited:
Billie Midol said:

Have any of you ladies out there ever dated a man who resembled Bono? Did it really make a difference after you got to know him? I

I guess my bf is kinda like Bono. He's really outgoing, popular, an amazing singer, blue eyes, dark curly hair, scruffy face, scruffy chest....ok enough! It has never really had any effect on my feelings for him or Bono. I mean, I really love Bono, but not the way I love my boyfriend. I admire and respect Bono and I think Bono would be the most amazing friend, but I wouldn't want to be physical with him and I don't lust after him or love him like my boyfriend. My boyfriend is also a U2 fan and he jokes about Bono sometimes, but he's not jealous and has no reason to be. We started going out after being friends for a few months and I think at first he put more effort into starting a relationship, so it's not like I was chasing him down b/c he slightly resembles Bono in talent and personality.

Re: Re: I have fallen for a man who resembles Bono

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I guess my bf is kinda like Bono. He's really outgoing, popular, an amazing singer, blue eyes, dark curly hair, scruffy face, scruffy chest....ok enough! It has never really had any effect on my feelings for him or Bono. I mean, I really love Bono, but not the way I love my boyfriend. I admire and respect Bono and I think Bono would be the most amazing friend, but I wouldn't want to be physical with him and I don't lust after him or love him like my boyfriend. My boyfriend is also a U2 fan and he jokes about Bono sometimes, but he's not jealous and has no reason to be. We started going out after being friends for a few months and I think at first he put more effort into starting a relationship, so it's not like I was chasing him down b/c he slightly resembles Bono in talent and personality.

Sounds like a cool guy! Rock on,girl!:up:

Back
Top Bottom