I have a stalker...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maro_chik

Refugee
So. Here's a long story.

It all began in November I guess. This guy that I barely know, and only recognize from my work and riding the bus comes and sits with me at the university. This was weird for several reasons... I mean, who does that in the first place? Second of all, I had my headphones on (my social shield, if you will) and I was obviously doing homework. So he's talking to me, and I talk back to be friendly.

From that day on, he's been sitting with my friends and I (it would be a cold day in hell before I sat with a less-than acquaintance and his/her friends that I don't even know) at lunchtime and whatnot, and even catches the same bus home with me. Lately I've been leaving 5-10 minutes later from school each day just to avoid him. (And to top it off, he's a low talker. I'm always saying "Sorry, what's that?" :wink:)

Today was the kicker though. He showed up at my work after closing, and was waiting around for me. Now, a close friend told me that on Friday, he asked her if I was seeing anyone, to which she replied that she didn't know, as I am a very private person (which was a good answer). But the good part is that he said that once he asks a girl out and is rejected by her, he usually stops talking to her, to which I replied with internal jubilation. :nerd:

Anyways, my dad, not knowing about the situation, offered him a ride home. *facepalm* So I told him about it afterwards.

My friends agree that he is quite creepy, and that I should "get rid of him" asap, as it would be misleading to keep being friendly. Now, I never want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I feel like I have to say something. I mean, showing up at my work after hours crosses the line, in my opinion. I don't want to think of what would happen if he found out where I lived.

So my question is: how do you tell someone that they creep you out and that you don't want to talk to them anymore, without hurting any feelings? I mean, I don't yet have any enemies (that I know of), and I don't want to make any any time soon.

If I have the courage though, I think I'll confront him tomorrow, when he comes and sits with us at lunch... :rolleyes:

U2Girl1978 said:
:yikes: That is a bit creepy! I would let him down firmly but gently. Tell him that you are just not interested in him.

Yes, and if he keeps it up, be sure to keep friends and family close and informed!

I'm sure this is nothing so don't worry too much. Probably just some dude with a crush, but keep yourself safe.

I've had 2 stalkers. My first one was an ex-bf. He was a freaking pathoid :huh: He would call me even if I changed my number, follow me around in his car, even if my dad was driving me to softball practice, seduce my friends just to piss me off, sit behind me in the theater, and to top it all off, lied to his mom and told her I was stalking him so she threatened to call the cops on me. At that point I realized the only thing to do was to tell my dad, who is highly protective of me. He took care of it :yes:

The second one was a guy who worked next door to me at a coffee shop. At first I thought he was kind of neat. He reminded me of Thom Yorke and he seemed to have an interesting personality. So I started talking to him, hung out with him once, found out he was a total pot head and wasnt really interested afterward. Well......he took things more seriously than I did apparently because he kept calling me at work and coming in there to talk to me.
When he realized I wasnt interested he went off the deep end, started leaving "you will be mine" notes on my car, and then he came into my work in a shaking, red faced rage and drug me out of there to make me tell him why I was doing "this to him" :yikes:

Some people are just weird. I would for safety's sake stay away from this guy

I understand that you don't want to hurt his feelings but apparently he doesn't care for yours. Just worry about yourself and who cares how he feels . His perception is warped anyway. He is a sick person.

Oh my! That sounds creepy! I don't really have any advice for you, but just wanted to say don't worry about his feelings. The most important thing is that you make it clear that you aren't interested in him and stay right away from him!

Goodluck!

well, in a way, she really does have to worry about his feelings. if this guy is at all dangerous she might not want to piss him off. she needs to find a way of making herself clear while keeping herself safe.

like phil said, it's probably just a guy with a crush, but you can never be too careful in this kind of situation.

bonosgirl84 said:
if this guy is at all dangerous she might not want to piss him off. she needs to find a way of making herself clear while keeping herself safe.

She needs a preemptive strike tactical nuke on his head.

Or a solid kick in the rocks.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips guys. My friends have given me some suggestions over the past few weeks, such as:

"Tell him you have a boyfriend"
"Tell him you have a girlfriend"
"We'll tell him your plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan"
"Kick him in the balls"

But I did it today. He came and sat down beside me at lunch, with two of my guy friends. I made about 30 seconds of smalltalk, and said "Can I talk to you for a sec?" and took him aside.

Here's what I said.

"So I don't think this is working, whatever this is here. I don't know if it's our personalities clashing, or bad vibes, or what [or that you're stalking me and it creeps me out], but I don't feel comfortable and I would appreciate it and respect you more if you could just keep your distance from now on."

He seemed to be okay with it, and said something along the lines of "I'm new at this... etc, etc" and once I said my bit he grabbed his stuff and left.

So hopefully I'm in the clear now. We'll see later this week. :wink:

Glad to hear he was understanding. Good for you for talking with him about this!

Hopefully this will be the end of all of this for you. Good luck.

Good for you! I love his answer. "I'm new at this." If this is true, nice attempt buddy, but try a non-stalking type situation. :wink:

Now if he sticks around, you can kick him in the balls. hard...really hard. :D

Last edited:
I hope he stays back. This guy at school has been following me around. I told him I was married yesterday and I got the normal, "You look way too young to be married." I don't know if he'll back off or not. He says he just wants help with Calculus.

Back
Top Bottom