I have a shoe buying problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cant fit into my docs. My feet are too puffy. I dont want to buy new, bigger, ones as they arent cheap. I walk around in bare feet most of the time. I have even started doing at work and the boss doesnt seem to upset about it.

Yes, I remember all too clearly the swollen feet thing. I would put my shoes on first thing in the morning and then wouldn't take them off all day cuz I wouldn't have been able to get them back on.

Another suggestion: what about birkenstock sandals?

beli said:
Im okay. I have feet that are swollen from the heat, and from my pregnancy, and flat at the same time. I bought some shoes on Friday. Took me ages. I ended up with grannies shoes from the Chemist. :|

Not anything that Justified would be seen dead in.

If and when I become pregnant I am wearing nothing but flip flops or anything that is comfortable even if that means wearing fluffy padded shoes all day long. :sexywink:

now here are some of the *affordable* shoes I purchased in the past week:

029037_beauty.gif

032292_beauty.gif

ona231909-00P1.jpg

I couldn't fight the urge any longer. I was at the mall, walking past my favourite shoe store. I went inside and there they were, talking to me. They said 'try me on', I tried them on, 'buy me', I bought them.

I have a suede pair of the 2nd pair of shoes you showed. well something like them...the have a button to the side and a little strap.
I love em...I ve only worn em to a christmas party so far....

they have some really cute but sorta expensive shoes at zappos.com

I have too many shoes and purses... ...I cant resist
my family doesnt understand the addiction..kids are goin hungry...blah blah blah
hehe..just messin bout kids goin hungry

Justified said:
:hyper: YES! well, what type of shoes are they?!

Sorry, I was still in a trance.

They are made by Clarks.

They are brown leather, they slip on and off and are great for walking and running after my kids. Added bonus is that they are super comfy.

Regular price $150, I paid $80 plus tax.

I did not wear them to bed last night.

carrieluvv said:
I have a suede pair of the 2nd pair of shoes you showed. well something like them...the have a button to the side and a little strap.
I love em...I ve only worn em to a christmas party so far....

they have some really cute but sorta expensive shoes at zappos.com

I have too many shoes and purses... ...I cant resist
my family doesnt understand the addiction..kids are goin hungry...blah blah blah
hehe..just messin bout kids goin hungry

:up: I will starve in order to buy a new pair of shoes! :laugh: :shifty:

I have about 3 pairs of heels that are 3 inches. I feel like an amazon woman when I wear them. I am 5 ' 7 with out heels.

I should not wear anything over 1 inch because of my bad knees but apparently I do care too much about my knees as I do about cute and sexy shoes. :reject: my doctor has gotten after me for coming to his office with strappy high heel sandals when I was bitching about how my knees are bothering me. :laugh: I have no shame.

Oh, take care of your knees. I am almost finished physio for a slight sprain of a ligament in my right knee. One thing my phsiotherapist told me was that strengthening exercises would help.

The weather has gotten nice, so I am getting out all my open toed shoes out. Looks like I need a pedicure.

:reject: I am just too damn lazy to take care of them properly, but I have no problem bitching and complaining about them. :tsk: The therapy and exercise involved is long and painful. I have to work very hard to gain the strength and build up the muscles in my inner thighs. And my therpist has told me that I may have to tape my knees to straighten them out if they continue to cause me more pain. :huh:

All the more reason to do it now while you are still young.

Trust me, it doesn't get any easier. But enough about our knees.

While I was shoe shopping I saw another pair of sandals that I wanted to buy. They were low, almost flat, wide dark blue leather strap over the top, open back....but I must resist the urge til next payday.

I know I should really work hard on correcting the problem, there is no reason why I shouldn't. I will end up toning my legs and making it easier for me to walk in the future. :huh: I am just too lazy to do it, I need to talk to a trainer at my gym to just show me which equipment to use. I can't afford a proper trainer, $450 a month for a trainer is quite a bit of money to spend.

HOLY COW BATMAN $450

That is a lot of money per month. I know that my local rec centres have gyms and that you can get assessed and hire a personal trainer for much less than. Somewhere out there a more affordable option is waiting for you.

You could buy a lot of shoes for $450.

Back
Top Bottom