I have a serious shoppin prob - Can never spend over certain amount on one item.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Seriously and honestly.

Im embarrassed to say, but Im gonna say it anyhow......its a Shopping problem and I really dont know how to overcome it, so to speak, or rather - deal with it. :sigh:

Okay, any time Im out clothes-shopping.......and esp for this Season......I see tons and tons of gorgeous things! :happy: But then I look at the price, and if its over ?30 even, but looks nice on me and it good cut, I never know whether to buy it or not.

There are clothes I see out there, cheaply made up and it can shock me seeing their value at maybe over ?25 cause you just kinda know that after a week they will 'ball', or stretch out of shape, etc........and I think I see much more of that than a better one worth the value.

however.........I keep thinkin.........four items of clothing that could come to near ?100, thats a lot for four! ya know?

its very bad at present because mum says Im being way too strict on myself and usually expensive ones last longer and you can gather up and mix and match.....but still..............its letting go so much money on one thing.

For the past year Ive meant to put the money Ive saved in my bank (cardcash) account into my Bank Book to grow..........therefore always spend so much on willy nilly things and it seems to have blown out of order a bit.

But this is something thats happened for a while now and I thought I'd open up to you all and get it off my chest, and read how silly Im being.

:(

Last edited:
Maddie, you're not silly. I think you're doing the right thing. If you actually have a goal as to why you're saving and keep it in mind, then you wouldn't feel weird as to why you have so much control. Maybe a nice piece of clothing once in a while is fine, so you won't feel you're depriving yourself, but otherwise, I think you're okay.

God, I wish had the same "problem". It's not even a problem, I think.

Ah Maddie!!! Don't worry about it girlie but maybe sometimes you should give in and give yourself something nice...I have that problem except i'm like "well if I buy this i'll have to hear my fiance bitch about buying it" LOL...but I buy it sometimes :)

I think I'm the same as you Maddie! Almost all my clothes have cost under $10 because I just hate spending money on anything.

It does mean a lot of walking for me, through the shopping centre, looking for things that I can afford ... well, really that's not true because I could afford to get more expensive things, I just don't want to!

But I don't mind, I have a cupboard full of cheap stuff which I think is better than having one or two items that cost a lot.

It's not silly to worry about it because there is so much pressure to have the "right" (ie expensive) clothes. But I say do what you want with your money!

River Island maddie - really pretty clothes -everything has a standard price of ?35 :angry:

Thats why I shop in Primark most of the time :lmao: Im too poor to afford clothes!!!

I pretty much never buy any clothes if they are not on sale (unless I absolutely need something exact, which is almost never). Don't feel bad! :hug:

see? now, there ya go, I spent ?22 over a week ago on a pair of black trousers that are shite because A) they pick up white! yes, they're THAT type of material :mad: , and B) they now have a hole in the crotch.....

I mean for feckfuk sake, thank gawd I dont do stage work were pple are looking upwards, I'd have to tell them my part time job is hiphopping with baggy torn trousers, and cant seem to keep away from it 24/7.

:no:

Im gonna look for proper cigarette trousers!!!!!! :mad:

My trousers fell down this morning when I got outta the car

:tsk:

I dunno whats happened to them but they are huge on me now :lmao:

They fell down as in I was showing my tummy and my underwear and had to cover up by putting my coat around me and hiding my stomach with my file walking along a bit and heaving them up

Ppl must have thought I was a right eejit :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom