I have a phobia...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
of the intercom at work...I don't want to talk into it...and in 9 years of working with the company, I have not once used the intercom to transfer phone calls or talk to co-workers! :laugh:

I just don't want to hear my voice all over the store I guess :shrug: :lol:

when i worked as a receptionist last summer, my job was to page my bosses by intercom. i hated doing that because my voice was heard all over the damned place. and i hate the sound of my voice if im nervous or just whatever. i finally got used to it. then my second job i worked as a dispatch/receptionist, and i had to talk into a walkie talkie alot to my boss and co-workers who were out on the field. i hated the idea that alot of people could hear me again. but i didnt use my real name that time, i just used my old nickname and then switched to my birthday. i've gotten used to it so far...no biggie. you should get on the intercom abel, and shock the hell out of everyone and start singing some u2 tunes lol.

I worked in a grocery store for 8 years. We had to use the intercom all the time.

Late at night I would talk like beavis and butthead over the intercom..
or squeeze those toys that makes noise into the intercom. :laugh: Fun times.

Sicy said:

Late at night I would talk like beavis and butthead

i remember when beavis and butthead first came out on mtv...my mom totally loved watching that show...she would start saying
"fire!...fire!...fire!..." out of the blue. my mom is nuts...

YEAH!! FIRE! FIRE!! ehhhhheheheeeeeehhehhehuhuhuh

"uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh huh huh...... we like, need a clean up on aisle 5 or something. Uhh huh huhuh.. "

I dunno. Beavis and Butthead is the best!! I cant imagine not getting to watch it.

Sicy said:
I dunno. Beavis and Butthead is the best!! I cant imagine not getting to watch it.
oh, lol. my husband says the same thing. he always starts cracking up whenever they show the commercial for that compilation video time life has. i'm like all :( cuz i have no idea what's going on, and my mom's scoffing at the crude humour.

AND SHE USED TO WATCH SOUTH PARK! :rant:

:lmao: Sicy that is so funny. People in shops must do that all over the world. In my first job, I worked at a Woolworths Variety and when the store would shut up for the night we wouldn't tell the manager we had closed the doors and I'd get on the loudspeaker and say "Oi customers, this place is closed so **** off so we can get out of this shithole". We'd then time the manager to see how long he could haul his fat arse up the front to yell at us.
A couple of years ago I worked in another supermarket in the deli dept and one night had to do the late night specials on bbq chooks and all that jazz and I was shit scared of doing it cos it was far removed from Woolies and I never had to do it before, so all the girls I worked with danced around and were being idiots so of course I laughed....and couldn't stop.

Make your first announcement a good one ABEL. Wait til you have a huge burp and just let it go. Then say "And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I dont use the intercom. Thankyou." Trust me, after that, using the intercom will be the last of your worries.

:hug:

My parents always let me watch "Beavis and Butthead"...Dad and I used to watch it together a lot.

I still have a bunch of B & B books and the vids for their Christmas special and movie.

I :heart: intercoms...so much opportunity to mess with people :yes:

I used to have a boss with an explosive temper and it was hilarious to watch him go off so we would get creative on the intercom and drive him crazy :mac:

One time someone brought a "sex toy" to the office and we kept calling his extension and letting it buzz over our boss's speaker. He was going absolutely nuts trying to figure out who was doing it and what the noise was :lmao:

Burping was also pretty common...along with another bodily function :reject: (I only burped, I swear)

Hard to believe we were all adults when this was going on.

:lmao:

Story along the same lines...when I worked at McD's way back in the day we had to wear those nasty headsets for the Drive Thru. Anyway, it has two buttons on it, one to talk to the customer and one to talk to other people with headsets. When it was slow (most times) we would all talk to each other on the headset, gossip, make jokes, etc..... well I guess these headsets run on the same frequency as a CB radio and if you're set to the right channel you can pick up the headsets. I remember one late night this guy comes in and asks me if I was the one that got caught with the boyfriend by the parents. I was like :ohmy: no, it was the other girl on the headset :eek:, and he told us how he knew...needless to say we stopped being so personal in our conversations from that point on :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom