i have a hard time sleeping while traveling...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
:| :huh: :scream:

i hate that i can only sleep a few hours now when i am on the road. sleeping in a stange city and in a hotel room has become a very hard task for me. i only slept for a few hrs. and i am wide awake. :mad:

i know this is due to the fact that i am meeting a new client and broker in a few hours. my mind cannot rest! i really hate to resort to sleeping pills when i am out of town. i should have gone to the gym in the hotel last night to de-stress. oh well at least i have an early meeting and i can get back to my home early in the afternoon today.

i know this is a lame confession.

it makes sense though. it's not your own bed, it's like when you're little and you sleep over at a friend's house and you get next to no sleep cos you keep waking up and not knowing where you are or which way UP is...

i don't travel. but lately i've been sleeping better in not-as-normal places. technically "home" would be my dorm right now, and HOME home seems wierder to sleep over, but i've been sleeping very well in places like couches in the campus center, floors of friend's rooms, etc.

i'm going to be irrational and blame it on the fluorescent lights :p

i :heart: sleeping in hotel rooms. the heavy curtains make the room so dark, and being way up high on a secluded foor makes me feel so safe. i rarely sleep well at home. sometimes, in the summer, we check into one of the hotels on the strip for a few days just for a mini-break. we use the pool and just relax.

but i have never, ever slept on a plane. i am too terrified of flying. :crazy:

I think I can sleep just about anywhere, but I prefer it not to be in my car while it's moving (I get that motion-induced sleepiness).

A long while back, I went on kind of a tour of Europe. We took the train everywhere, and the second the thing would start to move, I'd be out like a light - regardless of the time of day - and when it would stop I'd snap to conciousness. I even crashed on a bench in a train station in France while they reset the carriage width for the tracks in Spain.

I've never met a bed, chair, bench, board, or floor I didn't like.

I have trouble sleeping while traveling, but I think it has more to do with being away from my wife than being in a strange bed.

i can sleep on an airplane with no problem but hotel rooms when i am not on vacation is a different story. it has to do with the stress of preparing for meetings the next day. hopefully i will adjust to this soon. :mad:

anyway, i am back in the comforts of my apartment so i hope to take a nap very very soon. :D * i am waiting for the tylenol PM to kick in*

Last edited:
I cant really sleep very well when I travel either. It doesnt really seem to matter if it's a hotel room or someone that I'm visiting. I have to get very sleepy to the point that I cant keep my eyes open and then once I do fall asleep I keep waking up. I always thought I was kind of weird because of this.

The only place I remember sleepy really sound was in Memphis and I think that had more to do with a few too many drinks on Beale St.

Back
Top Bottom