I have a guilt complex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I have a guilt complex. It's very unreasonable. Every time I get tired or stressed out I get depressed about it. It makes me feel like a loser. I think a little guilt is good for you but this is excessive. What should I do? I feel like crawling into a little hole right now because I'm getting ready to go do something and I feel all stressed and stuff because my mother got on my case when I said I didn't absolutely have to have a duplicate car key in the morning because I always put my key in the same place. Always. She's lost my key twice after borrowing the car. One time we couldn't find it for two days and finally it turned up in her pocket in a garment that she'd put in the washing machine. OK, it'd be better if we had two keys. One for me and one for her. But I hate going to the hardware store during Christmas week because I'm already stressed out. Why did she pick this week to get on my case? Because she's more stressed out, too. She's trying to plan a damn wedding open house for my sister on top of everything else that's going on, including an anniversary party two days after Christmas. We drive each other crazy during December. I guess that's pretty normal. But there's not a law that says I have to like it. I don't. I'm about to go confess some sins. I think I'll talk about this.

I think you're being a bit too hard on yourself, but I understand :hug: If you think confession will help, there's nothing wrong w/ that :)

Mothers and daughters are all about guilt sometimes anyway

I agree about mothers and daughters and guilt, and I like confessing my sins. It gives me a chance to get rid of alot of guilt. I feel better now that I did a confession tonight. My mother is only half-joking when she claims that I became a Catholic so I could go to confession. It's not far off base. Some people are under the mistaken notion that confession causes guilt. It's just the opposite, it takes alot of the pain out of it.

awww verte, cut yourself some slack sweetie. From what I have seen on this site you are such a kind and sensitive soul that you shouldn't have to feel guilty about anything :hug:

Right on with what LoveTown says. And remember what this season is really all about--I know you will.

You're a sweetheart, Verte--just keep on keepin' on. :hug:

It always seems like we are our own harshest critics, doesn't it? I am way too hard on myself and I'm trying to get better at placing blame were it's due...meaning it isn't nessacarily and always on me. Take care, Verte...:heart:

when i feel like that i just ask myself 'have i done all i could to do the best i could with the knowledge i had?' if the answer is yes, dont worry. if its no, point out what you did wrong and dont do it the next time. there is hardly anything inherently wrong with anyone, and guilt is only washed away by good intensions.

I feel guilty calling in sick even when I'm throwing up or running a fever. I always think they'll think I'm lying. I mean, where did I get that from? It's been with me as long as I can remember.

:hug: verte

verte you're one of, if not the most, kindest members of interference. everytime i see that you have started a thread i read it because i know it will be good. in fact yesterday my dad and i were talking about renaissance fairs and i was wondering ":hmm: i wonder if that's the kind of thing verte does." as others have said. cut yourself some slack, try and rerlax, you'll feel alot better.

U2democrat said:
verte you're one of, if not the most, kindest members of interference. everytime i see that you have started a thread i read it because i know it will be good. in fact yesterday my dad and i were talking about renaissance fairs and i was wondering ":hmm: i wonder if that's the kind of thing verte does." as others have said. cut yourself some slack, try and rerlax, you'll feel alot better.

What I do is sort of like Renaissance Faires. I'm a member of a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism, or SCA. It's an educational, non-profit group. The Renaissance Faires are a little different, they are business enterprises and need to make profits to stay going. We pay dues to keep the SCA going. Unfortunately, the economic difference contributes to some bad feelings between the two groups. I think that's unfortunate, and blame some of this on egos and power political trips.
Back to guilt complexes. I think right now it's bothering me more just because everything bothers me a little more in December....holiday stress.

Verte

:hug:

Just remember, no matter how stressful the holidays can become, it's the best time of the year. It's a time where everybody feels good about themselves and life in general.

TwoAmericas said:
Verte

:hug:

Just remember, no matter how stressful the holidays can become, it's the best time of the year. It's a time where everybody feels good about themselves and life in general.

:scratch: You're joking, right?

Back
Top Bottom