I hate the library so much.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greeneyedgirl said:

Maybe thats my problem, ours is so busy.
The lights suck and I cringe at the little "donk-donk" sound when someone walks thru the security gates.

:lmao: GG!! You can read magazines at the library....or bring some music with you, an iPod or something with a headset or earbuds and then you won't have to listen to that "donk donk" sound. :lmao:

I loved the library in college. I used to take naps in the undergrad. Then again, I used to take naps on the quad and in the Union. :hmm: And the stacks...:heart: well, I didn't take naps there but I did spend a lot of time there.

:nerd:

They just opened a new local libray. :love: It's so peaceful, I could spend all afternoon there.

I have bad memories of being at the university library all night long during finals week, on the fourth floor, without any food, drink or sleep. Cramming information into my weary brain only to forget it a few hours later after the dreaded exam. :no:

I'd much prefer a leisurely library visit to the final exam lock-down visit.

the library is the happiest place on earth. if i could, i'd take up residence on the 11th floor. that's where the sherlock holmes-related books are. :nerd: there's a computer on that floor, russian books on the 12th, and a bathroom up on the 13th. one of the most important things is that there also aren't a whole lot of people up there. as long as i bring my ipod along, there isn't much more i need. some food would be nice, i wonder if the wings place would deliver there.

my town library can bite me, though.

u2bonogirl said:
Where on earth is there a library with 13 floors? :der:
I've never even been in one with 2

* is noting the humor in the fact that there are 2 House references in 2 consecutive posts :wink: *

the university of massachusetts - amherst library has over 20 floors. i can't remember exactly how many. 23 sounds right. that's why it's the happiest place on earth.

sometimes i wonder why you like that show that much.

edit: there are 25 floors.

library_pond.jpg

Last edited:
I love libraries. Each time I go, I come away feeling wonderful.

I love using those old microfilm machines because they makes me feel like Nancy Drew!

<------- is a :nerd: and proud of it! :wink:

what's not pretty is the giant gaurdrail surrounding the building. it's there to prevent people from walking too close to the building. the university is liable if you get hit in the head by a falling brick while walking from the fine arts center to the student union. i thought it was just a legend that when they built the library, they forgot to account for the weight of the books and the thing is actually sinking, but there might be some truth to it. the bricks do fall out. where's that guy hewson when you need him? he went to school here.

Smart girls @ the library = :macdevil: + :rockon: + :yes:

This should also go in the "say something good about your day " thread in Lemonade stand......

For Honor said:
Smart girls @ the library = :macdevil: + :rockon: + :yes:

This should also go in the "say something good about your day " thread in Lemonade stand......

182,1110565656,3.jpg

is she your type?

IWasBored said:

the university of massachusetts - amherst library has over 20 floors. i can't remember exactly how many. 23 sounds right. that's why it's the happiest place on earth.

sometimes i wonder why you like that show that much.

edit: there are 25 floors.

In a town near where I used to live there was a library that was the size of a small convenience store :lol: The one in my town was on one floor of the city hall building.

I'm not sure what you mean by why I like House :shrug:
But I love the show because of the Houseisms, and how he interacts with his lackeys, and his ability to read people so well. I've got similar views to his on the state of human nature :wink:

u2bonogirl said:

In a town near where I used to live there was a library that was the size of a small convenience store :lol: The one in my town was on one floor of the city hall building.

I'm not sure what you mean by why I like House :shrug:
But I love the show because of the Houseisms, and how he interacts with his lackeys, and his ability to read people so well. I've got similar views to his on the state of human nature :wink:

the town where i'm from is in a small one-room school house type setting, and it's very small.

do you want the real reason, or do you want me to make something up?
because i don't think you have a sense of humor. you put your whole life up in your journal, and even though we've never met, it's pretty easy to make certain conclusions about who you are as a person. what i see is someone who is pretty much the opposite of myself. someone who fits into the mold of all the stupid people out there who i hate, and try not to be like myself. and this plays into why, aside from the fact that i think the character is just really fucking funny, i like house. i can't figure out how you and i could relate to the same fictional character if we're so apples and oranges. i'm not about to say anything like you shouldn't watch it, because jesus christ, it's just a tv show. besides, the more people watch something, the better ratings it gets, and i'm happy when it doesn't get cancelled. i may hate people i think are stupid, be my encounters with them online or in real life, but i'm smart enough to know when they benefit me.

and maybe if you actually ate some food, instead of a skimpy peanut butter tortilla, you'd stop having "blood sugar" problems.

Once again, a totally rude and uncalled for reply by you.

It's amazing you've lasted this long on this forum by the way you act and treat people here.

I think I'm suddenly growing some balls........... :happy:

i'm sorry. i was under the impression that u2bonogirl appreciates honesty.

It's amazing you've lasted this long on this forum by the way you act and treat people here.

hey, i'm just as surprised as you.

:shrug:
I really dont care what you think of me at this point IWB. You have made it perfectly clear that you are not the sort of person I would ever want to be friends with.
The only reason I brought the show up was because it was actually something we had in common and I was trying to establish something friendly with you.
I wont do that anymore

And you have no idea about what I should be eating. Maybe have a clue about something before you go off acting like you know about it.

I'm actually thankful that this happened in public instead of my journal

Last edited:
Ever since my library started e-books, I rarely go out to one... that and the fact that everytime I go, they always bring up this fine I've still got for "losing" a book... that and the librarians are sometimes mean to me... although I'd understand why they'd be cranky standing all day just beeping and demagnetizing books all day

Perhaps I should go pay it before my credit gets slashed and I'm in trouble with the Feds... :uhoh:

Other than that, I used to work at my high school's library... you'd never appreciate them until you learn the slavework that they do... unless it was just unique in my case. I had to clean shelves, mend the books, "man" the front desk. If I didn't have friends working with me, it would've been hell-- but it was fun, lots of good memories from that instance.

Back
Top Bottom