I hate rap...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...but I like that Eve song featuring Gwen Stefani.

Sue me.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

You just blew my mind, melon!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

You used that stupid grouchy smilie and I thought it was TheU2CKKrasnoTheGreatKennedy posting and I almost deleted this thread.

GAO!

I'm gonna take my time

I hate rap too... At least "today's rap".

I mean, whatever happened to Public Enemy, De La Soul, Jungle Bros., Pharcyde, Boogie Down Productions??????

Where's the "message"???...except for "I'm gonna kill ya, take your 'ho', and make lotsa money becausethats the only thing that matters, and the world revolves around me".

God, I sound like those old farts who say, "In MY day, we KNEW what rap was all about...."
eek.gif

The Beastie Boys are great! But I'm not into too much else...

------------------
Sitting on a cornflake
Waiting for the van to come

I don't hate rap - I just hate alot of the silly messages it throws out there to some parts of the audience who suffer from abject poverty and cannot afford the "bling bling" and are willing to steal or kill for it.

I do enjoy innovative hip-hop artists like OutKast, Q-Tip, Mos Def and the Roots - intelligent people who have something intelligent to say.

------------------
No alarms and no surprises, please.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 12-12-2001).]

I hate some kinds of rap, but I like rap in TripHop Songs by e.g. Massive Attack and Tricky. Beck does some good rap-parts, too, and The Prodigy's DIESEL POWER really kicks ass, BAY-BEH! Wooo! Death in Vegas has its "Soul Auctioneer" ... but right, most rap sucks.

------------------
Friday night running to Sunday on my knees.

Anything with GWEN is okay by me. I really despise rap in general, but I do appreciate some of it.

------------------
B Y S
L O O
E U U
S R L
S

gottaGO gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO