I hate my job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I'm miserable all the time here. I speak to about 5 people in an entire day, if I'm lucky. I sit at a stupid computer coding, meaningless, blah blaah blaaaaaaaaah

i am taking steps to working parttime & going back to school for my masters degree in english. get me the hell outta the corporate business world :yawn: :yuck: :sigh: with people who can't communicate and men who are :censored: weird. I wish my college made us do internships, so I could learn that this is NOT what I was made for.

but for now, i'm here, and i'm miserable and i'm throwing a pity party. i've suffered for two years and i gotta stick it out 'til i find another job or graduate. :scream: the hours just drag and nothing is rewarding, and i'm so understimulated here. :crack:

so yeah. thats me. :madspit: what a thursday.

hey i hate my job too and trying to find a way out. i am actually applying for part-time jobs at the mall to get the hell out of 401(k) plans. but i am also applying for a full-time position w/ Bloomingdales to work in their corporate offices. :shifty:

i am sorry you have to deal with weird men. if it helps you any i have to deal with them all of the time and they are insurance agents and most are really really weird. :down: :crack: :crazy:

Last edited:
My job has been sucking lately too, especially today. Between the disaster project I'm working on and the threat of lay-offs, I'm having a hard time getting motivated to head out the door in the morning.

:hug:

So tell me more about this happy happy margarita fun time... :hyper:

Yay it's friday!

There is a big difference between hating going to work and wanting to scream and cry throughout the day, and then just not loving to work but enjoying your job enough. Guess which group I belong to :p Most positions at my (ginormous) company hasn't been secure since last August. I like the 5 people I speak with during the day enough, but I'm a social person and don't belong sitting in front of a computer for 9 hours out of the day. :banghead:

So yeah. i know this is a big pity post but I was neck-deep in depression yesterday ( :censored: unresolved external errors).. hopefully today goes better.

I'm all about the fuzzy chairs and unicorns! :applaud:

And I strolled in a little late today...who the :censored: cares? No one else is even here yet, and it's past 9 o'clock! But Friday...ah, sweet Friday. Everything's gonna be alright.

I am actually lucky in that I have a fulfilling job (and one that has so far allowed me to surf the net all I want during the day!), but I still hate working. I wish I were a kept woman. :sigh:

Carrie, I'm so sorry to hear what a rotten time you're having. :hug:

So in this happy happy margarita fun time job, does the Edge serve the drinks? :hmm:

oliveu2cm said:
There is a big difference between hating going to work and wanting to scream and cry throughout the day, and then just not loving to work but enjoying your job enough.

I have a bit of both. my clerical job is definately the second one. the people are great, the job is ok but it's not what i want to be doing forever and the pay could be a whole lot better. my tech job sucks big fat hairy toe. the job in and of itself is ok but the majority of the people i work with are the shits. i hate going there cause there are certain people that i would like to tell off so bad but i can't. esp one doctor that you would think would have gotten past snitty little remarks just to get a dig at me since he is over 60. but apparently he hasn't so what can i do but bite my tongue.

i'm thinking about quitting it after the summer. i can't deal with it and i shouldn't have to but the pay is pretty good....not great just pretty good.

desicions :madspit:

oliveu2cm said:
I'm miserable all the time here. I speak to about 5 people in an entire day, if I'm lucky. I sit at a stupid computer coding, meaningless, blah blaah blaaaaaaaaah

:crack: Sounds like my job. :banghead:

Olive :hug:
The job I had last year was ok. I would dread going every morning knowing I would spend 8 hours glued to the comp and have little interaction with anyone else. Half the people that worked there meant I wasn't too keen on talking to them anyway. One girl ( :mad: ) who was paid 120k a year, considerably more than me simply because she got to escape every now and then and see clients, was a real pain in the arse. She sat a few desks away from me and our method of communication was strictly limited to emails. I didn't actually mind the work itself, I knew the job and new my products (alcohol :hyper: ) which some people thought sounded nuts. But honestly, looking at consumer drinking habits etc and looking at trends in alcohol saved me from quitting many times.
That said, I've now sworn never to go back as I know there is better stuff out there. Hopefully nothing that will glue me to a desk for 8 hours a day.
Its all a means to an end. Don't let it become the means to your end. Good luck getting out of there.
:hug:

Back
Top Bottom