I hate my computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mine sucks too. it crashes on me all of the time and tells me i have no more available space to open and run programs :der: when in fact i do. i get error messages all of the time that make zero sense to me. it also tells me my printer is not connected when in fact it is! :scream: and all of my IM programs suck

I am ready to dump that fucker and buy a new one!

Buy new ones! Fast ones are cheap nowadays! I got mine for $500 3 years ago and I just added more memory in it the other day. I :heart: it so. And its still considered slow to most people nowadays even though it has a 800mhz processor, a 40gig hard drive and 256mb of RAM now. You can get a much faster one now for probly around the same price I paid for mine. :mad:

Try adding more memory if you dont want to buy a new computer yet, sometimes that can clear up a lot of your problems!

my computer is a dell and supposedly we just add more memory but my internet connection (DSL) is sooo slow and then I cant even have aim or yahoo or anytype of messengers anymore bc my computer cant handle them. :angry:

oh and the biggest thing is techinally the computer isnt mine, its my parents and I am not allowed to do anything to it GRRRRR

adamswildhoney said:
oh and the biggest thing is techinally the computer isnt mine, its my parents and I am not allowed to do anything to it GRRRRR

This computer is my dad's, but he doesn't do anything to it without asking me. :laugh:

BC's Dad: I was online earlier, and I was trying to view something, but it said I needed to download a player.

BC: Did you download it?

BC's Dad: No...I was afraid if I downloaded it, I'd screw something up, and you'd yell at me.

BC: You make it sound like I'm some kind of an ogre!

BC's Dad: You are!!

:mad: :laugh:

the computer i'm using now is mine, but when i'm home i'm no allowed to use the computer on a regular basis (you'll notice a huge decrease in my posting over the summer). if my mom's computer was windows 98 i could figure out how to hide things without her finding them but i can't deal with windows xp to save my life. it's like using a mac. i hate macs.

My computer can be pretty crazy too. It sometimes just crashes at random for no apparent reason. And then I get thirty-four error messages just trying to start it up again. :coocoo:

I dunno I had problems with Cable :huh: I absolutely love my DSL.. I dont know why yours is so slow :shrug:

Cable depends on how many people in your area use it. Populated areas are most likely to have problems. You're sharing fixed bandwidth with everyone on your block.

DSL is different with different flavors (i.e., ADSL, SDSL, RADSL, etc.). ADSL is the most common, but there are performance degradations the farther you are from the telco central office (CO). That's why DSL sucks for most people, compared to cable.

And you can buy a 2.0+ GHz machine for about $600 these days.

Melon

nerdalert.gif

My computer was crashing all the time when I was on the web. I tried everyting I could think of to stop that from happening with no luck. So I finally stopped using Internet Explorer and started using Netscape. So far it's been working better, it's not as fast as IE, but it hasn't crashed once (yet)! BTW, my computer is only two years old and has over 30 gigs of empty hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom