I hate minivans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to want my parents to get a minivan when I was little so I could sit in the far back seat. I thought it would be fun :cute:

Then I went through the "minivans are stupid" phase, with the whole soccer mom sentiment, especially after I worked at a park in my town and all the moms were these rich preppies who treated me and the other workers like crap and their kids were horrible and spoiled... And I admit, I generalized and stereotyped, but I'm past that now. :)

In fact, I have to drive a minivan for my job at school, and I actually like it. It's really easy to drive and rides great

why's it everybody keeps pickin' on me?

I'm middle -aged, I used to drive 3 kids to soccer( I :heart: soccer) ...in a car.Boots, shinpads,waterbottles, coats, folding chair, first aid kit, etc. etc.. Gosh it was good fun, although a van would have been handy.
We have a van, for carrying the band's PA around in. I like driving it, although I breathe a sigh of relief every time hub gets home. If he has a head-on with a truck at 3 am it will be goodnight Irene.You never know , the Tarago approaching might have Bono and his band or babies inside:D:eyebrow:
.....stop the traffic...pollution

In cars we trust.

soccer:up:
mother's who mother:up:
flowers:up:
U2:up:

:D

i just hate people who can't drive! :laugh:

however, where i live, most of them tend to drive suvs and HUUUUUUGE trucks. i know these people don't offroad. but, i can admit the most insane people i've encountered (like the person who followed me for over a mile and tried to hit me because i honked!) was in a sedan. i won't even go into that story! :crack:

so yeah, bad drivers suck. i know not all housewives, ricers, and rednecks drive like shit because i've encountered many who drive fine, though.

:ohmy: i have to agree-sterotyping isn't very nice, as a bad driver is just that-bad!! And as I have a sister-in-law that drives a Suburban-not all SUV or Minivan drivers are the same! and they are Very practicle to those who need them And can drive them!

For the record here, I never said minivan drivers were BAD drivers, to the contrary they are such good drivers, they are overly cautious, leading to them not pulling out when they have a chance, stopping too much and too soon, and driving very slow. That is why they get on my nerves. I'm sure they only driving safely to protect their load of annoying spoiled brats, er, sorry:censored:

I have also encountered the 'better than thou' thing, like they think because they have a bigger vehicle and live in a better neighborhood they are better than those who have small cheap ones, they do tend to have money and look down on those who don't as scum, even other people and their kids. It is not so much the van itself as the other things associated with it but like I said I honestly never thought anyone here would take offense.

One more for the record, someone mentioned double trucks, nothing scares me or bothers me more than speeding semi trucks, and the double ones strike terror in my heart. Talk about thinking you own the road because you're bigger!

Last edited:
what is a ricer?

**cass wonders if she should have asked in case it has something to do with rent boys**

I live near a "black spot" on the Pacific Highway on the east coast of Australia. Holey doley have there been some major mass deaths,it's just awful.My DIL's dad was in the SES(State Emergency Service) and he has seen some terrible things. I wish they would stop calling them car "accidents". There is usually a reason and they could have been avoided. It's so tragic.

Leeloo said:
For the record here, I never said minivan drivers were BAD drivers, to the contrary they are such good drivers, they are overly cautious, leading to them not pulling out when they have a chance, stopping too much and too soon, and driving very slow. That is why they get on my nerves. I'm sure they only driving safely to protect their load of annoying spoiled brats, er, sorry:censored:

damned if they do, damned if they dont:tsk:

get a grip.

There is a balance between overly cautious and reckless. I hope they find it.

If everyone drove like me the world would be a better place:D

cass said:
what is a ricer?

PacerRicer.jpg

pic03.jpg

http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_might_be_a_ricer_if.html

:barf:

I'm 42 and raised my now teenage kids without a mini van. We did go through 2 gnarly, klunky station wagons, though. I had always wanted one as a kid so I could sit in the back and pretend to be in a covered wagon heading out west like Laura Ingalls Wilder. :lmao: So when we got ours I sat back there with the kids for fun and got sick from looking backwards and breathing carbon monoxide coming in the back window!

Last edited:
I don't have kids, but I've never had a problem with mini-van drivers. I totally understand why someone with three or four kids would want one. What I really hate are those friggin' SUVs. A lot of the people who drive those gas-guzzling monstrosities don't even have kids or ever go driving in the mountains. They just buy them because it's the "cool" thing to do right now (I don't understand why - to me SUVs are ugly hunks of metal), and they like being able to hog the whole road. :madspit:

Seabird said:
I had always wanted one as a kid so I could sit in the back and pretend to be in a covered wagon heading out west like Laura Ingalls Wilder. :lmao:

Me too. I was just a teensy bit annoyed when finally my parents got one and I was 13 - the back seat came with a warning that it was designed only for children under 12! :( It was good though because my two younger sisters sat in the back so I had the whole middle seat to myself. So nice.

Bono's shades said:
I don't have kids, but I've never had a problem with mini-van drivers. I totally understand why someone with three or four kids would want one. What I really hate are those friggin' SUVs. A lot of the people who drive those gas-guzzling monstrosities don't even have kids or ever go driving in the mountains. They just buy them because it's the "cool" thing to do right now (I don't understand why - to me SUVs are ugly hunks of metal), and they like being able to hog the whole road. :madspit:

I don't mean to pick on you specifically here but no one knows if these drivers do have kids or not, they may just not be in the car at that time.

No one knows either if these people have a boat or jet ski or something at home, a caravan or whatever which requires a trailer...you'll find a lot of 4WD's have towbars for this precise reason.

They take up space incidentally. This stereotype is like large car drivers complaining about smaller cars and how they dangerously zip in and out of traffic, which they do...Because they can. If large cars could zip around, they would. But it is a silly incidental comparison to make imo.

They are as gas guzzling as any engine larger than a 4 cylinder. By design, they probably work out more fuel efficient than some sedans as the sheer weight requires some work in this area by the people who manufacture them.

Ugly is the old adage beauty being in the eye of the beholder.

vlasak said:
This is so ironic because just this morning I was cursing Suburbans! It used to be "moms in minivans", now it's "supermoms in suburbans". Leeloo - Everything you said I agree with! They drop their "bundles of joy" off at school and them go home and bake cookies for all their neighbors!
(maybe i'm jealous?) Sorry to those who drive suburbans and bake cookies but STEP OUT OF THE BOX!
Can you believe it?!! Just last week I was trashing mini vans and suburbans and my car broke down - my neighbor lent me her minivan! God works in mysterious ways to make me feel like crap! (OK, I did it myself, He had nothing to do with it!)

vlasak said:

Can you believe it?!! Just last week I was trashing mini vans and suburbans and my car broke down - my neighbor lent me her minivan! God works in mysterious ways to make me feel like crap! (OK, I did it myself, He had nothing to do with it!)

HA! *points and laughs*

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom