I hate foreign languages!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SweetOnU2 said:

Awww Lara! Bien, Mes fran?ais Sucent! Qui sait si je fais n'importe quel sens ici! LOL

Spanish is a much easier language to learn! :)

:heart: Spanish si si :)

FOREIGN LANGS SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
sorry, but ppl that come to America should NOT expect to have US AMERICANS speak THEIR language:mad:
(sorry but my opinions are strong on this since i live in AZ where Mex. is right below us and we have issues w/ Spanish speaking folks come over here and demand we learn THEIR lang. when THEY need to learn OURS! esp. in schools they are pushing this:rolleyes::mad:)

p.s. besides that; com'on we can all agree that English is the only real language that makes sense:tongue: -just kidding folks-:sexywink:

Last edited:
U2002revolution! said:
FOREIGN LANGS SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
sorry, but ppl that come to America should NOT expect to have US AMERICANS speak THEIR language:mad:
i agree. in preschool and elementary school in FL, we were FORCED to learn spanish. it made me mad because instead they should be teaching english. besides, they did a shit job and the kids would never be bilingual. it was like chapter one shit year after year. by 6th grade we'd finally learned to count to 20. :rolleyes:

if we should be required to be fluent in another language besides english (i'm saying every citizen, it'd be taught in schools starting at kindergarten, etc.) it should be sign language. i don't know much of it anymore, but i'm sure those who are deaf and hard of hearing would appreciate it if people could understand them. :)

I :heart: foreign languages!

Hm... I've just started French. It's such a beautiful language to speak! I still couldn't pronounce some of the 'r's though. :huh: I want to learn Japanese. I know a tiny bit of it and it's a relatively easy language(erh, for me at least). And I :heart: English!

ich kann deutsch ein bisschen, und ich liebe die sprache! ich lerne deutsch n?chstes jahr....aber ich habe angst weil ich eine schwere klasse lernen muss......(literatur :ohmy: )......

und lacht nicht ?ber mein grammatik, ok?

:eek: that was way too hard...............*hides under desk*

i love listening to other languages, but i love german because i think it's so cool to be able to speak and understand another language!

image_systemen.jpg

Stories for Boys said:
ich kann deutsch ein bisschen, und ich liebe die sprache! ich lerne deutsch n?chstes jahr....aber ich habe angst weil ich eine schwere klasse lernen muss......(literatur :ohmy: )......

Das ist toll. Mach weiter so! Lernst Du Deutsch an der Schule oder Universit?t?

Gr??e,
Jenny

I'm trying to improve my English skills, and Interference is kind of helping me.

Stories for Boys said:

i love listening to other languages, but i love german because i think it's so cool to be able to speak and understand another language!

Mon Allemand est le pire! LOL je sais seulement et comprends un petit. Mais j'aime la fa?on il semble.

I agree, knowing more than one language ROCKS! I know two, English and Spanish, but would love to learn German and French! :D

JENNY said:

Das ist toll. Mach weiter so! Lernst Du Deutsch an der Schule oder Universit?t?

Gr??e,
Jenny

universit?t......mein grammatik ist sehr schelcht, aber ich liebe die sprache und kultur.....ich habe ein monat in hamburg gewohnt....viel spa? und viele freunde! ich habe 5 tage in berlin auch gebliebt.....ich will zur?ckgehen!!!

Deutsch ist ja superaffengeil!!!

En zolang Sula nog geen Nederlands kan, blijft dat een leuke onverstaanbare geheimtaal voor de Nederlands/Vlaamse Interferencers.

Though I prefer latin:

Homo sapiens non urinat contra ventum

Vorsprung said:
Deutsch ist ja superaffengeil!!!

En zolang Sula nog geen Nederlands kan, blijft dat een leuke onverstaanbare geheimtaal voor de Nederlands/Vlaamse Interferencers.

Though I prefer latin:

This is all mumbo jumbo to me :scream:

Vorsprung said:

Though I prefer latin:

But Latin is a dead language- is it useful for anything- isnt it useful for ppl studying medicine??

My little sis school did it when she was in 1st year now she is going into 4th year and her school have stopped teaching it :ohmy:

LET'S GOO DISCOTHEQUE!!!!!

i like foreign languages , i have plans to speak good on englsih , spanish , french and german ....You know you're chewing bubble gum , you know what this is , but u still want some , you just can't get enough of that lovey-dovey stuf UHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! :yes: :lemon: :lemon: :yes:

I am studying 3 languages well im leanring 2 french and spanish and doing english lierature for my final 2 years of school then im going to uni to do french and spanish.....so much to learn :sad: :scream:

Vorsprung said:

hmmm. misschien. waarschijnlijk. definitief.

:lol:

Vorsprung said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wohoo, homo sapiens really shouldn't do that!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

These are the times that make me love having learnt Latin. :D

FallingStar said:

Wohoo, homo sapiens really shouldn't do that!

These are the times that make me love having learnt Latin. :D

what does it say?? :ohmy: :eyebrow:

ill guess people and urinat - is urinate???

what does it mean?? :eyebrow:

Homo sapiens non urinat contra ventum.

*erhm* *cough*
So, homo sapiens = 'the wise man', people, species of men called homo sapiens
non urinat = is not to urinate, doesn't urinate
contra = against
ventum = wind

Homo sapiens doesn't piss against the wind.

:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol:

That jokes in Brian Friels Translations - like its "like trying to piss in the wind" :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom