I hate Elevation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KhanadaRhodes said:

now my least favourite song is one. discuss!

Well now, that's just plain weird. :wink:

Too much of a good thing or you never liked it?

I would say in general an artist's biggest hits are rarely my favorite songs.

Lara - I've never liked SBS either. Actually I probably like it better live today than I did back when Bono would march around with the flag.

Just about any U2 song is good live, though (except Wild Honey which should never be performed in public again, lol, or at least not until they get it right).

I dislike Elevation as well, however I love the Elevation Influx mix :drool: It is my favorite song to workout to and I also love putting it on while I get ready to go out for the night. It makes me want to dance! :dance:

I love Elevation.

I do not own Passengers and I dislike Grace (the lyrics are beautiful, i don't like the music at all) and Last Night on Earth.

joyfulgirl said:

Well now, that's just plain weird. :wink:

Too much of a good thing or you never liked it?

I would say in general an artist's biggest hits are rarely my favorite songs.

Lara - I've never liked SBS either. Actually I probably like it better live today than I did back when Bono would march around with the flag.

Just about any U2 song is good live, though (except Wild Honey which should never be performed in public again, lol, or at least not until they get it right).

HEY! I like that song Wild Honey! Don't listen U2 i still love it, carry on playing it LIVE!

I never understood the hatred for Wild Honey either :sad: It was the second song I ever heard from ATYCLB, my local radio station had it before it came out and said they'd be playing songs from it every day and they picked that one next after BD because they liked it. I thought it was cute, different, bouncy, even Beatle-eque. I never heard it live, so I can't comment on that.

I really really really dispise the song Elevation. I used to love it alot but my fiance over plays that song. Especially the live version and he does the WOOOOOOOOOOO thing and that drives me nuts!!!! He plays like 10 different versions everytime we go somewhere.

:no: :yuck:

Believe me, I would be hating it too! I would be hating a lot of songs if I had to listen to them in 10 different versions every time I went anywhere. :faint:
There's nothing wrong about ?Elevation?, it even sounds good. Actually, I even like to listen U2 in a very "fresh"/different style, once in a while.

Maybe you can try to educate his mind... :hmm: Good luck!

Justified said:
I dislike Elevation as well, however I love the Elevation Influx mix :drool:

I love "Elevation"...but whenever I hear it, I just crave the Influx mix...it doesn't get any better than that. :drool:

Bonochick said:

I love "Elevation"...but whenever I hear it, I just crave the Influx mix...it doesn't get any better than that. :drool:

:dance: I want to go to a funky dance club and dance with glow sticks when I hear that song.

Kate1 said:

HEY! I like that song Wild Honey! Don't listen U2 i still love it, carry on playing it LIVE!

I like the song, too! I just think that live it sounds like a mess.

Elevation only got good for me when I heard it live. Before that I used to skip it all the time. The lyrics leave a bit to be desired but it redeemed itself during the live shows and just took on a life of its own.

:laugh:...I personally like every song that you all are saying you aren't fond of in here! :p. I think "Elevation" is an awesome song. It's fun to sing along to and it gets you all pumped up.

Lara...my mom can't stand "Sunday Bloody Sunday", so she'd get along well with you. :).

I guess if we're going to talk about songs that we don't like that so many people here love..."Dirty Day" isn't one of my favorite U2 songs...

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Oh, yeah? I'll have to hear a live version of the song sometime (after all, it was a live version of "The Electric Co." that made me like that song a lot more, so...).

Angela

Haven't you ever watched Zoo TV Live From Sydney? It's right there, then comes Bullet The Blue Sky wich is even :drool: :drool:

oliveu2cm said:
:laugh: Melon and I saw the FUNNIEST thing when Elevation came on before the Elevation Tribute Band came out to play.. this girl was on the dance floor dancing and she had no idea what to do with the opening chords of the elevation remix. :lmao: she jerked her foot out, mimicing the way Elaine (from Sienfeld) danced. Tooo funny.

/random sidenote.

Haha...it was great! :up:

Melon

Moonlit_Angel said:

No, sadly, I have not. None of the places nearby and in my old town sold/sell it.

Angela

That's horrible, you should try to get it through the internet or something, it really is worth the trouble. Believe me, Zoo TV is U2 heaven! :drool:

Tomer said:
i don't like Bad

sorry

I can't believe it! Someone besides me doesn't truly appreciate Bad! I thought I was the only one. I mean its a simple song and it seems to drag...however, over time I am slowly starting to appreciate it more and more. Who knows, some day I might actually love it. i'll be patient though.

Sunday bloody sunday, New Year's day and Bullet the blue sky.

The U2 trinity of less-than-likable for me. I wouldn't mind if they skipped them live or played less frequently, too.

U2girl said:

The U2 trinity of less-than-likable for me. I wouldn't mind if they skipped them live or played less frequently, too.

Wow! Someone doesn't care for classic U2 rock!

I am getting a bit tired of Sunday Bloody sunday though.

U2girl said:

those i do like!

I don't listen SBS too much, so it's still adorable

Back
Top Bottom