I hate dancing Santas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Call me Scrooge, I think they are dumb, worthless and they get on my nerves. The first ones that came out with the Coke bottles a few years ago were bad enough but now there are ones that are almost life size and I'm scared! I don't think they are funny or cool or cute. Is there something wrong with me?

things i hate of christmas...

** Christmas advertising.... since november
** to visit my annoying family ... and pretend that i like them, knowing that they pretend to like me too
** Santas
** Receiving gifts that i don't like, buy gifts that nobody likes,
** To put down the three and the baby jesus' home back in the boxes in january... or february
** to get a sunburn in the beach...

I will think on more...

U2Kitten said:
The first ones that came out with the Coke bottles a few years ago were bad enough but now there are ones that are almost life size and I'm scared! I don't think they are funny or cool or cute. Is there something wrong with me?

uh. no. those things make me :grumpy: and I'm certainly no Scrooge. I have TONS of Christmas stuff and I have two Christmas tree for my one-bedroom place. :|. My parents have this really big one that dances, blinks and flashes, and plays Rocky Top. :no:

i don't like patriotic stuff (particularly music) and i don't like christmas stuff (particularly music), yet i'm very patriotic and i love christmas! am i weird or what? :huh:

31-xa364101.jpg

Good to know I'm not alone, thanks! :yes: I'm staying away from Neutral's parents and BC's boss :yikes: My mother-in-law has one of the small ones, she tried to give it to me and I said no thanks :no:

I also agree about the holiday ads coming early! They start up with the sleigh bells and snow right after Halloween now! When I was a kid, it never started until the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. When Santa came in at the end, that was the beginning of the season. Now it just keeps creeping in earlier and earlier every year. It makes me sick how they use the sleigh bell noises in the background to try to brainwash you into spending (sadly this works, even in places like here where you don't get a white Christmas!) The music is piped into the stores already. It's sad how commericialized it has become, even much worse than when Snoopy and Charlie Brown said it all those years ago. It's nothing but a money racket. I also think Hannukah has been commercialized and materialized in order to sell more stuff too. It's a shameless disgrace how greedy people are.

I just got back from Wal-Mart, the life size one in the entrance was dancing and singing "Wish You a Merry Christmas" and I ran as fast as I could! :scream:

they scare me too. :reject: they're tacky. just an aside, but santa arrived at one of the malls here last weekend. can you believe it? and during the week they have it "snowing" in there...they say it's like an indoor snowglobe. the first week of november! i love christmas as much as the next guy - probaby moreso even - but you don't even get to enjoy thanksgiving.

I saw one that does sit ups. It was mildly bizarre, to say the least.

I hate when people start coming in to my work before Halloween and talking to me about the clothes they are buying for Christmas. I hate working from November because our shop is packed with rabid shoppers all asking you questions. :crack:

Lara Mullen said:
I hate when people start coming in to my work before Halloween and talking to me about the clothes they are buying for Christmas. I hate working from November because our shop is packed with rabid shoppers all asking you questions. :crack:

I really can't believe people buy clothes just for Christmas! I don't mean a nice outfit that could be worn later, I mean the embroidered vests with trees and balls on them, the Santa and Snowman sweatshirts, the ho ho ho stuff- what good is that later, well, maybe next year? I'm too poor to buy stuff like that, and I really don't even want to.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I just got back from Wal-Mart, the life size one in the entrance was dancing and singing "Wish You a Merry Christmas" and I ran as fast as I could! :scream:

We just came from the Brea Wal-Mart and that SOB was there, too! BAW started laughing and told me about this post! A 5-ft. tall dancing Santa...what a way to ruin my a.m.

Back
Top Bottom