I hate closed threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lamp.gif

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:
:shifty:

I *am* officially licensed to neuter :mac:
ooh beth that reminds me, i've gotta ask you a question about kitties, since you're a vet and all...i need a third opinion so i'm gonna send you a pm so as to not further derail this thread. :D

nbcrusader said:
Interference is not our world, we are only visiting. The Mods have a difficult role, one that is largely transparent to the average user.

We should second-guess closed threads, try to restart closed threads or make public comments on closed threads. Mods are accessible by email or PM.

You better stop fomenting dissent here, nbcrusader. You'll get all your threads locked! ;)

But seriously, my posts here were venting, more against the people who's whining and bitching get threads closed than the people who actually close them. That and the fact that a thread was closed as I was replying to it -- always frustrating (and I seem really good at replying to threads just as they are being closed!).

indra said:

But seriously, my posts here were venting, more against the people who's whining and bitching get threads closed than the people who actually close them. That and the fact that a thread was closed as I was replying to it -- always frustrating (and I seem really good at replying to threads just as they are being closed!).

I feel your pain, that happens to me fairly often on another site. I'll compose a nice lengthy reply, finally be satisfied with it, then get "the topic is locked!" when I try to send it. :mad:

Last edited:
paxetaurora said:

:|

All mods have to close threads sometimes.

do you do it at random?

what if a mod is sick and cant go do it?

Tomer said:

do you do it at random?

what if a mod is sick and cant go do it?

We don't close threads "at random"...there's always a reason for it.

As for if a mod is sick...that's why we have a team of mods. I mean, contrary to popular belief, we DO have lives outside of here. For example, when I take a trip back home, I'm usually gone for a week and have no Internet access...so, obviously, I can't do any modding.

i mean the people who close the threads
do you pick those people at random, or do you do duckduckgoose or something

Back
Top Bottom