I hate bloodwork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V Nura

Refugee
It seems like I'm having it done everyday these days

the Phlebotomist always bruises me

they don't even give out lollipops anymore

*hands you a lollipop*

Arun V said:
they don't even give out lollipops anymore

now that's shit.

i demand that the newer, more impetuous confident arun gets a lollipop next time he gets blood drawn.

ask for one, and if you don't get it, cry. :mac: :tongue:

Hope you're doing ok Arun.

I hate blood work too. Every 3 - 4 months when I have a checkup for my Hyperthyroid they have to draw blood. My veins are hard to draw blood from...they like to move around a bit so they can't get the needle in, and usually have to try several times. I usually end up getting bruised too. They usually have to end up using one of those little butterfly needle things to finally get enough blood out to do the tests.

You should have seen my arm when I was in a car accident 2 years ago after being in the emergency room. Talk about black and blue...not from the actual accident but just from where they had to draw blood and the IV. People noticed my bruises before they noticed my broken hand! lol!

:scream:

Yuck. I hate bloodwork. Every time I get blood drawn, whatever nurse is poking me has to try like 50 times in each arm before she hits a vein. Once they even had to to it in my hand. And every time but once if become faint and nearly passed out. Fun! :rolleyes:

hey.... :eyebrow:

AS one of the hated blood drawers... it's not an easy task!! I have horrible veins myself, and I know what it's like getting black and blue. I usually give blood on a regular basis but have been slightly wary lately because of how sore and useless my arm usually is for a day or so afterwards.

Just remember, be nice- it's not easy!! :D

Bloodwork freaks me out.

One time, I had to take my mom to the ER early one morning. A nurse was drawing blood from my mom's arm, and the nurse slipped...Mom's blood started pouring out all over the floor!!!! The nurse was like, "Oops!", and she laughed! I was so pissed. She left it all over the floor for like 10 minutes.

I have hyperthyroid and anaemia. My veins are very much like my mom's, which are very difficult to draw blood from. My family doctor's skill(?) is very good, usually there won't be any problem. But if I went to hospitals, I would definately get a bruised arm... or two bruised arms. One time that nurse first grabbed my right arm. She kept moving around with the needle but still no success, so she pulled the needle out and tried the other arm. At last I stepped out of the hospital with both arm bruised. :mad:

But generally I don't hate bloodworks. :D

Want me to tell them off for you Arun?

ABEL said:
I hate blood work too. Every 3 - 4 months when I have a checkup for my Hyperthyroid they have to draw blood.

They only draw blood for my thyroid every 2 years. :scratch:

I have a fat, perfect, juicy vein, one on each arm.

They love it. :D

Re: Want me to tell them off for you Arun?

Sicy said:

They only draw blood for my thyroid every 2 years. :scratch:

Every 2 years? That's weird... Because I have to have a check-up every 3 or 4 months too. :confused:
headscratch.gif

Actually I didn't wanted to check this thread since the word 'bloodwork' scared the shit oout of me. :no: :no: :no:
But now I know the meaning of that word - and it still scares me! :no: :no: :no:
I hate those things - though I never actually got blood drawn. But I hate needles in generally, so..... :D

Bonochick said:
Bloodwork freaks me out.

One time, I had to take my mom to the ER early one morning. A nurse was drawing blood from my mom's arm, and the nurse slipped...Mom's blood started pouring out all over the floor!!!! The nurse was like, "Oops!", and she laughed! I was so pissed. She left it all over the floor for like 10 minutes.

:eek: :ohmy: :eek: :ohmy: :(

She ls Raging said:
hey.... :eyebrow:

AS one of the hated blood drawers... it's not an easy task!! I have horrible veins myself, and I know what it's like getting black and blue. I usually give blood on a regular basis but have been slightly wary lately because of how sore and useless my arm usually is for a day or so afterwards.

Just remember, be nice- it's not easy!! :D

lol I don't hate the blood drawers themselves. In fact, I really like the nurse at my doctor's office and she can *never* find my veins. I don't blame her, but I still don't find it a pleasurable experience to be poked 10 times. ;)

i went to the doctor today :mad: i was expecting to get the meningitis shot being that i'm going to college and yeah, you just gotta get that. so that wasn't painful, then my doctor notes that the tuberculosis shot is also a requirement. :mad:

so for the immunization to tuberculosis, they make a bubble just underneath your skin on your arm...and it STAYS there for 3 days. :mad: then i got super queasy and had to lay down for a while. and no arun, no lollipop. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom