I got yelled at at work today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2dork

Rock n' Roll Doggie
...and I didn't even do anything wrong.

I absolutely hate confrontations. I don't deal with them well. They make me sad and my face turns bright red and I shake.

I come in to work at the same time every day, 5 minutes before I'm supposed to begin working. I've never been told this was a problem. My supervisor's watch was 10 minutes fast today and when I walked in I was greeted with the most unprofessional and just completely inappropriate repremanding I've ever received. It's actually the only repremand I've ever received. I tried explaining in a calm manner, showing him the time on my automatically set watch but that set him off again.
I'm sure the man probably had some sort of personal issue he was dealing with but the way he presented himself to me almost had me in tears, and I'm not someone who cries easily.

Now I have to make a special trip to the head supervisor and explain myself or the next time this guy's watch is wrong I'll be out of a job... :( :sigh:

Thanks. I'm hoping his disappearance for the remainder of the day meant he looked up the actual time and was just too embarrassed to come apologize...

beli said:
:hug:

Hopefully something tragic happened to him today, if you know what I mean, something to explain his actions. Maybe he will apologise tomorrow :shrug:

this was supposed to be an edit but i hit the wrong button.

at my work place we have official work time. its the time displayed on my office phone. everything else is syncronised to my phone. Maybe you could suggest something similar so theres no misunderstandings in the future.

Yes, I was going to suggest this to the head supervisor tomorrow. He's a really nice guy and hopefully he will realize I've never been the type to do anything like this before. We all have our off days and I know some people handle stress better than others but there really was no excuse for the behavior presented today.
And now I have a headache...
I need chocolate...

What a dick! :mad: People can't unleash this kind of stuff in someone else just cause they're not feeling too good in that day or whatever. That wasen't even a serious problem. Actually that shoulden't even be a problem. I hope he gets fired! :down:

U2dork :hug:

chockies.jpg

Just scanned in my breakfast. The two on the top right hand side are still good to go :up:

:hug:

chocolate and a no-brainer movie is how I normally deal with jerks/bad day

the idiot should say he is sorry

beli said:

at my work place we have official work time. its the time displayed on my office phone. everything else is syncronised to my phone. Maybe you could suggest something similar so theres no misunderstandings in the future.

We have this too, on the phones, but also on the computers b/c they're all set to sync with time.microsoft.com and if Microsoft's time is off than dear God save us all!

I find that bosses often thrive on stress...my boss from hell even admitted this to me!!!

I think that you should just try and ignore it when they get "fecked off"....

This said, i took last Friday off because i couldn't face going in after what my boss did to me the day before!

I get the headache a day afterwards thing, too! Chocolate's a fine remedy! Better than alcohol anyway.....

relax....bring on the truffles...and advil!

shit, that's rough. honestly, if you're late ONCE by TEN MINUTES and your supervisors lace into you, i'd find new work in a hurry.

I spoke with the head supervisor today and everything's going to be fine. I just have to make a point of arriving 15 minutes early when I work with the bad man (my new name for him). The excuse made for the jerk (he wasn't around to make one for himself) was a coworker had come in an hour late and this set him off after having to work a late shift the night before. One of those cases of pent up anger being misdirected. I'm sure I'll never hear an apology, but at least I can relax about the sanity of the rest of management.

I feel for you. Nothing is worse than being yelled at, and having to work the rest of the day. :hug:

I used to think 15 minutes was the "lecture" point at a job, and understandably so, but now its 5-10 minutes. I'm sorry, you could have to make a trip to the bathroom or something in that span. It's not right. :down:

Proletariats of the world, unite! :angry:

holy crap!

Not more than 5 minutes ago "the bad man" came up to me and not only apologized for the incident but also thanked me for discussing the situation with the head supervisor in a professional manner.:shocked:
I really didn't think he would apologize. I'm glad he did.

Back
Top Bottom