I got invited to my ex-boyfriend's wedding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
The thread title says it all: I have been invited to my ex-boyfriend's wedding, taking place at the end of May a thousand miles away from where I live--in his hometown, and the hometown of his best friend.

I'm crazy for this on a few different fronts. The fact that I plan to go is nuts enough (hey, we stayed friends and his new girlfriend and I get along really well--I think it was her idea to invite me). I also called his friend this afternoon to tell him I'd be coming. Problem: friend has a girlfriend who I absolutely detest. He was having an affair with me while they were casually dating, and after our affair ended (mostly just because I had to go back to school), he took up with this girl and they've been together ever since. And I know I should be happy for him, but... :shrug:

So, over Memorial Day weekend, I'm flying into St. Louis to see my ex-boyfriend get married, and I will probably be met at the airport by his best friend with whom I have slept and who has a girlfriend I detest. Isn't my life fascinating?

:help:

Two of my husband's former girlfriends were at our wedding...we're all good friends and socialize together. I'm friendly with most of my exes...except the former husband...:no:

lucky for me i get to keep in contact with my ex husband. woohoo:|

ex boyfriends are a nightmare :mad:

ex boyfriends are satanic :mad:

ex boyfriends were sent by the devil to destroy me :mad:

ex boyfriends show up unannounced :mad:

ex boyfriends still have their key :mad:

ex boyfriends tempt me to violence :mad:

ex boyfriends hang up on my friends while i am still talking :mad:

ex boyfriends suck suck suck :mad:

excuse my rant. an ex just ruined my night. i need a hug...

:lmao: sweetest, sorry pax babe, im not laughing AT you either, i'm guessing sweetest was joking. um sorry if think im mean :reject:
dont think you're abnormal. one of my ex's who is a really lovely guy went to my wedding. the people who raised eyebrows then dropped their jaws at the fact that the ex was also a childhood friend of my husband. i think its great when breakups are amicable and you can still stay friends. what was bizarre was one of his friend's wives who is extremely religious almost belted one of the bridesmaids with her bible, i thought it was ironic. i dont like the girl at all and everyone told me i was mean to not want her there cos she was so nice. my arse she's nice. she's violent with bibles.
:der:

You're not mean, don't worry--I just hope sweetest was joking...Although if I'm honest with myself, yes, my life is something of a soap opera. And, okay, I have what is quite possibly the least cool journal on Interference. But...

::stops typing::

Yeah, anyway, I think it's great when exes stay friends, it's just...

I need this smiley :reject: to stop illustrating how I feel about myself and my life.

Oopsie

Oh nnoooo! Oh I'm sorry Pax! I was joking (although it doesn't translate well over the computer).

I think it's wonderful that you're still friends with your exes. It shows what a genuinely nice person you must be/are. I read your journal all the time...I meant the soap opera comment in that it's a continuous up and down...(are you w/ Tim, aren't you?)but it keeps me reading it everyday (note: I downloaded 'For Mark' by Tori Amos).

Anyway, I'm sorry if it offended you at all :reject: :hug:

Hope everything works out for you.

--On another note: I'm good friends with my ex-boyfriends. In fact, my last ex boyfriend I'm amazing friends with. Maybe because we never broke up. Or got togther. It was like, we were friends, then we were really close, then I went home, he went home (from school) and now we talk through MSN. No break up. Weird.

:lmao: Angie Harlem you are by far the most hilarious person here!

Back
Top Bottom