I got hit...and then they ran. Yup, a hit and run!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
So, I pull into this parking lot with my wife and I head towards the building. On the end of the building there was a vehicle backing up. I didn't see it, and by the time I did, I was hit.

I basically was in the entrance as it was a two lane parking lot, so I had to get out of the way of the cars coming in, so I pulled off to the side of the building thinking that the car who hit me would be kind enough to stop and talk to me. But no, they took off...and almost hit another car in their rush to get away!

I didn't have my cell so I didn't call it in or anything, and I don't even want to really get insurance involved since Michigan is no fault. So I don't think I'll do anything...well, besides hunt down the vehicle and start it on fire...:madspit:

And at least it isn't serious, like it's only scratched and paint scuffed...but seriously. What an arse!

Look, you know I investigate these things....and people like you...but I have to confess, its often easier NOT to get the license number of the other guy to just process you claim as a simple hit and run...

Otherwise, I have go to out to the ghetto, barrio, or wonderful neighborhood to try to track down who was driving that car, only to have them lie to my face, have them tell me that their damage is old or that someone stole their car!

You did good, P...report it as a hit and run with no license #....:up:

Mr. BAW said:
Look, you know I investigate these things....and people like you...but I have to confess, its often easier NOT to get the license number of the other guy to just process you claim as a simple hit and run...

Otherwise, I have go to out to the ghetto, barrio, or wonderful neighborhood to try to track down who was driving that car, only to have them lie to my face, have them tell me that their damage is old or that someone stole their car!

You did good, P...report it as a hit and run with no license #....:up:

We won't report or claim anything. MI is no fault which means we'd have to claim it against our own insurance anyway, and we don't really care to pay a $500 deductible and have rates go up for a scratch.

I would be nice if the other guy got a traffic ticket though.:madspit:

:ohmy: What? do you have a bullseye on that car or what?? lol! Seriously, I am glad you are not hurt..and that your car is still running! Would be a drag to have to walk..or ride the bus like me!! :huh:

I feel for you guys, I've had that very thing happen to me and it really really sucks. Like everyone else has said tho at least you guys are OK. The hit and run person will have to live with themselves for the rest of their lives and I hope you know that old saying is so true...what goes around DOES come around :wink:

Back
Top Bottom