i got cockblocked by my mom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
...and i'm not even a guy!

we were at lunch and this guy came over and started asking me about my shirt. she jumped right in and would not stop talking! :mad: the guy was really cute too... i didn't know what to do so i just maintained eye contact and acted interested in what he was saying and stuff. he kept looking at me and not my mom while he was talking so i think that's a good sign. he was in a band and i now can't remember what band it was, or else i'd go look them up! :banghead: so i suppose i will try going back some time to see if he's there and we can strike up another conversation.

so i guess this is a confession of some sorts...i guess i'm finally at the point where i feel i can look at and flirt with other guys now. so i guess that's good!

my mom's the EXACT same way! if i'm talking to someone who i think is interesting (not always in a crush way) my mom always jumps in and never lets me say a word, and speaks for me. i'm like hellooooooo let me say what i want to say!

yeah and i pointed this out to her later and she got all embarrassed and stuff and said she forgets at times that if a guy comes up to me that maybe i *do* want to flirt with him.

this makes me wish i had any friends. :sigh: all i've got are my parents and my ex-husband...none of whom i think i should take with me! maybe i should try going this coming weekend again and see if he's there...is this pathetic? :laugh:

Mmm, yes, there is always a need of good wingmen, or perhaps,
wingladies, as it were.......

Or maybe your mom wanted to flirt with him? :eyebrow:

...... regardless..........

If a guy comes over and talks to you, even though your mom is there, that means a few things... just be sure to check his credentials.

But it does mean he's interested in you, one way or another.

cockblocking is....... well.... I guess it's one of those things you have to find your own way around. hmm....

KhanadaRhodes said:
...i guess i'm finally at the point where i feel i can look at and flirt with other guys now. so i guess that's good!

Kick ass :up:

"I'm a musician"........

heh....
:shifty:

....... :rolleyes:

:)
Honestly, I can say I've never played that card.

But something about that makes me chuckle. Don't know why.

It reminds me of someone saying
"I'm a writer" or a poet or something like that.

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
That's great, Khan. Now, teach me! :scream:

:hug:
here's my advice: go to a semi-nice restaurant with bedhead wearing a stax shirt. worked for me. :up:

well, i shouldn't say worked since i've still not gone back or anything...i can't figure out how long i should wait before i should go back? i should go back soon enough so i look interested but not too soon so i look pathetic and desperate.

i just hope he wasn't just trying to get me to buy the bands cd or something.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i just hope he wasn't just trying to get me to buy the bands cd or something.

Ummm sweetie...he obviously thought you were a definete cutie. :yes: I would imagine it would be hard enough for a guy to get the guts to go talk to a girl--especially with an parental unit in the vicinity! Besides this wasn't like a music club or something right? He wasn't "on the job". Trust me, he wanted the Khan. :wink: Have some confidence chica!

Where was this that you had lunch at? Was it a place that has a relaxed kind of atmosphere like a cafe? If so, why not go there one of these days on your own with a nice book or something....no matter if you run into him again or not you will be doing something nice for you and that will really help boost your newly discovered foxy attitude! :p

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Ummm sweetie...he obviously thought you were a definete cutie. :yes: I would imagine it would be hard enough for a guy to get the guts to go talk to a girl--especially with an parental unit in the vicinity! Besides this wasn't like a music club or something right? He wasn't "on the job". Trust me, he wanted the Khan. :wink: Have some confidence chica!

Where was this that you had lunch at? Was it a place that has a relaxed kind of atmosphere like a cafe? If so, why not go there one of these days on your own with a nice book or something....no matter if you run into him again or not you will be doing something nice for you and that will really help boost your newly discovered foxy attitude! :p
:lmao: thanks! you guys do a lot for egos here! :hug:

naah i wasn't at a club or anything, he was a waiter at the restaurant - not our waiter though so i don't know his name. i was at pf chang's. if you've not got one in your area, it's a chinese bistro. so since we've got a long weekend, i may try to go over this weekend - ALONE - and bring a book like you suggested.

i may even be able to eat outside on the patio since the weather will be really nice here this weekend, what with the highs in the 70s and all. i think first i'll have to scope the restaurant and see if he's there and if so, where he's working. i sound like a stalker or something! :huh:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Hey, I have no advice, but my roomie and I think this is the best thread title ever! :up:

Cockblocked is seriously a legitimate word in English?
:eeklaugh:

U2Girl---yes it is, in slang anyways

Khanda--PF Changs = :drool:
Now I am throughly convinced about the situation....if he wasn't even your waiter but he came over to talk to you, it's in the bag. Once a few years back I went to a restaurant with a family member and this waiter who wasn't our waiter kept coming over and talking...long story short that ended up being my summertime boy. :up:

Keep us posted! :D

starsgoblue said:
Khanda--PF Changs = :drool:
Now I am throughly convinced about the situation....if he wasn't even your waiter but he came over to talk to you, it's in the bag. Once a few years back I went to a restaurant with a family member and this waiter who wasn't our waiter kept coming over and talking...long story short that ended up being my summertime boy. :up:
ahh great :up: needless to say i love the restaurant too so it won't be too hard for me to go more often than usual. i'm gonna try going over this weekend i think (i think i mentioned this? dunno) and see if he's working. i've got my fingers crossed all week!

btw U2girl, here's a definition: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cockblock :wink:

Musicians, writers (preferably poets, but any kind of writing is fine), actors, artists...I'm a sucker for the arts & literature guys :yes: :drool:...

Anywho, I've never heard that term before, either. Thankfully, my mom doesn't barge in the way yours did (matter of fact, she usually never knows I like a guy right away. I'm not one to just blurt out to my family that I like someone. They just kinda figure it out on their own).

Angela

run, run away from the musicians, and don't look back!!! she said, not too bitterly...

originally posted by KhanadaRodes
i guess i'm finally at the point where i feel i can look at and flirt with other guys now. so i guess that's good!

:up: excellent!

thanks everyone! :happy:

it's only wednesday and i'm acting like i'm gonna go see him tomorrow or something! i wish i knew when he'd be there so i wouldn't have to waste my time going down there. it's a bit of a drive for me - like half an hour - because it's out east and i live downtown. :mad:

Ladies, reality is different. When you are together with a musician you will realize all their nasty habits:

1) They always need inspiration
2) They try to maintain a healthy balance of drugs and rocknroll
3) Most of them are flirting like there´s no tomorrow
4) They´re always late
5) Most of them are chaotic
6) Some just live with their head up in the clouds

(still, they can be true, passionate like no one else, very intelligent, warm, caring, honest, it will never get boring, and they will occasionaly wake you up at night when they just have to play - be it their instrument or yours :D)

Back
Top Bottom