I Got Broadsided On My Way Home From Work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds very frightening and painful. :yikes: I do imagine you will hurt like crazy for several days, but will slowly start to feel better. It's a huge shock to your system and it's gonna take a while.

And I'm hoping you get the best possible insurance result too. (The other driver's admission that she didn't see you should help, even though the accident was clearly her fault.)

Kat,
I hope you just get better and better.

I had a moment on the road where I thought of you and this situation. I was just driving along and I see a car about to turn left onto the road. There was like a turn lane in the middle so I figured she was going for that and then would move over after I passed. People do that lots around here and it scares me every time.

Anyway, make a long story short, she didnt stop, so I layed on my horn to try to make her stop, but in the end, I went up on the curb to my right, and she just drove off ahead. Later up the road, I pulled long side her and noticed her handicapped sticker/age. She was quite old. There comes a point people...:|

not sure if anyone asked this, but how bloody fast was this idiot leaving the intersection to cause so much damage and push your car so far??

take care, bc. i'm hoping you were snappily dressed :hug:

OMG Bonochic:shocked:
Geez, i hope you are doing better.... :hug: ....... I hope you will consider suing the driver if the insurance thing does'nt quite work out in your favour....anyhow....think about that after you have convalenced:yes:

I've just looked back at your pic's. Bonochic you are one lucky gal!

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
not sure if anyone asked this, but how bloody fast was this idiot leaving the intersection to cause so much damage and push your car so far??

take care, bc. i'm hoping you were snappily dressed :hug:
I was actually wondering the same thing. Because the damage is so bad it looks like she must have been going pretty fast

I saw a bigass accident on the way to mass at my church tonight and thought about you. I hope things work out with the insurance, I hate screwing with insurance companies.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Actually, in Michigan we have to have no-fault, not at-fault, so insurance doesn't cover the damage unless you have an additional collision policy or something else like that.

I use this page as a reference:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/cis_ofis_ip202_25083_7.pdf

Theoretically, it will make your insurance cheaper. But you will need to know all the coverages you purchase for the car.

I got a copy of the accident report. The girl who hit me is 17 years old, and she was issued a citation for failure to yield.

kids :tsk: :tsk:

sorry kids - they are more prone to accidents, and every kid, unfortunately, gets into them :shrug:

hope you are feeling better bonochick :hug:

Bonochick said:
I got a copy of the accident report. The girl who hit me is 17 years old, and she was issued a citation for failure to yield.

So what happens to this 17 year old girl? Aside of course from her insurance rates skyrocketing once your claim is closed?

Failure to yield, huh? And how fast was she going into that intersection when she collided with your car? :yikes:

:banghead:

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom