i got a very insane, disturbing e-mail today.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

should i be worried?

• yes you freak why would you think you shouldn't?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • NO you are soooo overreacting?

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • can i have a glass of lemonade? please?

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • i wish i had a stalker *sniff*

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
maybe someone read zooropamanda's post about net stalkers and decided to freak me out.

from a guy named derek...

Hi, I'm a goon and I was browsing your site from your profile because I liked one of your posts (Yes, I am easily side tracked). I noticed you liked U2 on your site, and you have a really nice car. You see I like U2, and I have a shitty car. So, if you live near Ottawa Ontario will you marry me?

kthx bye

I got several strange emails when I had my MSN photo albums up...people could get to it from most search engines and I got some real strange comments. I had to block my email from the public and eventually shut the site down :(

I would just block this person and hope it was just a joke. :|

Re: I hate stalkers!

Ana said:
Tell him you're married! (so where's Gonzo?) :D
hehe i want to...i'm not sure if i should reply by e-mail or not.

btw i forgot to mention...he called himself a goon. that's a nickname at the other forum i go to (that's why he mentioned about posts, although i don't remember talking about U2 recently). it's funny he mentioned my site, cuz on the front page i mentioned about how i got married. you go to my U2 section, and again it says i got married. i don't see how he missed it.

i'm not freaking out or anything, cuz goons (as we call ourselves) aren't freaky or anything. all the crazy folk from there have been banned and can't read any posts (it's closed like how FYM, LS, etc. are here). unfortunately there you can't search people's profiles so i don't know who he is, cuz i'd wanna pm him and be like wtf are you on? hehe.

Bono's American Wife said:
I got several strange emails when I had my MSN photo albums up...people could get to it from most search engines and I got some real strange comments. I had to block my email from the public and eventually shut the site down :(
awww. i hate when stuff like that happens. (luckily the only pics of me on the site are of my tats) people are just so damn stupid. there's plenty of 14 year olds for these guys to lust over and cyber with, why do they have to bother us normal people? :D

Awww... I'd just ignore it. You don't want to encourage him.

I get all kinds of propositions from my customers whom I help over email. I couldn't even enumerate how many dinner offers I have for "the next time I'm in Europe, Asia, or Oz."

I also get alot of "Hey, it's late. I know you're awake cos you just answered my tech request. Can I call you? I'm lonely out here in (insert any American city)."

I neverr respond because people are weird. And I already have enough weirdos in my private life. :slant:

I wouldn't contact him if I were you Khanada. If it is a weirdo, that might encourage him. I just remembered something that happened to me a few years ago, not the same thing, but it also involved a creepy email.

I signed up on classmates.com and was able to find a few people I went to high school with. I got an email from someone I recognized because we had the same last name (not related though). I thought it was strange that he would contact me because he graduated like 5 years before me and we never so much as said hello to each other. I knew who he was basically through the kid grapevine because he hung out with a friend's older brother. I answered him back anyway and he was way to0friendly, telling me about his divorce and his job, etc.

He finally creeped me out by saying something like "I can't believe I actually found you...do you remember when you lived on Elm Street in apartment 4 and you used to play with Jane Jones everyday? Is your hair still curly?" :shocked:

He actually remembered my street and apartment number and who I used to play with. And we're talking a time when I would have been 11 or 12 and he would have been 16 or 17, watching little girls! I ignored him after that and started getting angry emails asking why I wasn't answering him. I had to block his emails and decided not to go to a picnic my old high school was having because I knew he would be there. I found out that he did the same thing to several other girls my age. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Very odd Khanada. I think some people develop these pseudo weird cool persona's and dont realise they are wacked and that there still some very normal people on the net who are not like that....that makes no sense. I guess some people dont realise how nutty they sound.

Like you'd marry a guy with a shitty car! :rolleyes:

Kidding. :D

Best to ignore him. He is prolly some junked out wing nut who thrives on being ignored. Or just someone with a slightly skewed sense of humour. Maybe very skewed. Dont risk it.

Angela Harlem said:
Like you'd marry a guy with a shitty car! :rolleyes:
hehe...actually, i did. :D

i don't get what he's saying about my car, though. i drive an 89 camry, i wouldn't exactly call it "really nice." if he did really read my site, he probably saw me mention that i like mustangs and figured i had one.

Back
Top Bottom