I get mad when people don't leave feedback on ebay.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Feedback is voluntary.. :blahblah:

But yeah I get mad too but what are you gonna do. You cant be 'that' guy that begs for feedback. I've seen this before:

iconNeg_16x16.gif
HERE'S YOUR F****IN FEEDBACK

This one person emailed me about 10 times about leaving feedback. I finally wrote back to her and reminded her that she paid over a week late. She didn't bother me after that. I should've left the feedback above!

I've decided that if the seller doesn't leave me feedback after I pay, I don't need to leave feedback after I get the item. If they can't be bothered to follow through, neither can I. :shrug:

I'm up to 60 now anyway; that's a decent rating.

Typically, I try to leave feedback the day I receive the item and am satisfied. Most times, the sellers leave me feedback as soon as I've paid. I don't like it when people don't leave feedback, but I've never bugged anyone for it.

One time, a girl got sooooo pissed at me b/c she left positive feedback the same day I paid and then I gave her a negative. When I got the package, it only contained ONE of the five things I bought (it was a bedding set and came with just the comforter, no sheets or pillowcases). I notified her several times, and over a month later I get this e-mail that says "oh sorry I haven't been online in a month!" Who sends off items and never bothers to make sure they were received? So she refunded me half the money like I asked, and I still gave her negative for horrible communication. She was mad that she'd given me positive right away and I refused to mutually withdraw feedback :macdevil:

Liesje said:
Typically, I try to leave feedback the day I receive the item and am satisfied. Most times, the sellers leave me feedback as soon as I've paid. I don't like it when people don't leave feedback, but I've never bugged anyone for it.

One time, a girl got sooooo pissed at me b/c she left positive feedback the same day I paid and then I gave her a negative. When I got the package, it only contained ONE of the five things I bought (it was a bedding set and came with just the comforter, no sheets or pillowcases). I notified her several times, and over a month later I get this e-mail that says "oh sorry I haven't been online in a month!" Who sends off items and never bothers to make sure they were received? So she refunded me half the money like I asked, and I still gave her negative for horrible communication. She was mad that she'd given me positive right away and I refused to mutually withdraw feedback :macdevil:

Yeah some people get really crazy about their feedback! It is a pain in the arse to deal with someone who wants a good rep but gives bad service.

I've been frustrated, but usually after I've gotten the item, I send out an e-mail that says that "I received (whatever), thanks again....I've left you feedback, please do the same." That way I don't have to sound all worried about getting my feedback. and if I still get nothing in return, then I don't leave any feedback either.

2469 feedback received by sicy
2660 feedback left by sicy

So that's 191 feedback that I didnt get returned. That's actually not too bad.

martha said:
I've decided that if the seller doesn't leave me feedback after I pay, I don't need to leave feedback after I get the item. If they can't be bothered to follow through, neither can I. :shrug:

I'm up to 60 now anyway; that's a decent rating.

From a sellers point of view, I would rather wait until the buyer has the item and is satisfied with it before I leave feedback.

I used to be an immediate feedback type of seller until someone won multiple auctions from me and left me 3 negatives the same day she received her items...within an hour of receiving them to be exact. This after I had already left her 3 positives.

Now I'm not saying I would have neg'd her back because she did pay right away but I kind of screwed myself out of some leverage by giving her feedback right away.

We did a mutual withdrawal so she lost her 3 positives anyway but it was hassle just dealing with her crap and having to grovel to her to save my own rating :madwife:

Sicy said:
Feedback is voluntary.. :blahblah:

But yeah I get mad too but what are you gonna do. You cant be 'that' guy that begs for feedback. I've seen this before:

iconNeg_16x16.gif
HERE'S YOUR F****IN FEEDBACK

:lol:

The "Don't forget to leave positive feedback and I'll do the same for you in return" e-mails are really irritating :down:

I feel tempted to somehow persuade the buyer to leave feedback. It may sound like begging, but I just don't like how I've sold over 20 items, and have only 13 feedbacks. I mean, did I not do a good job?!

On amazon, I got e-mailed asking why I didn't leave feedback on the items I had ordered. I responded that since I hadn't recieved the items, why should I leave positive feedback? And then I thanked them for reminding me to leave negative feednack. :p

I've always hated when people don't give feedback but I'm also not going to remind them to leave any. I usually don't get it if it's from a person with a larger feedback rating. How do they think their rating got so high? :der:

My only neutral comment was from a guy who didn't like the item (a CD) after he bought it :| He said it wasn't what he expected! :der: I left him negative feedback for poor communication skills because it took me forever to get him to pay for it. It was a cheap auction so I really wasn't going to be too upset if he never paid at all. I didn't leave him feedback until after he left his for me so I didn't care if I was being mean about it. He came back to me and begged me to do something about it but I said no and that you don't leave bad feedback because you didn't like a CD you bought. Never heard from him again.

Speaking of Ebay....I sold 2 concert tickets last night in 22 minutes. I'm still shocked that they sold that quickly and the money was in my paypal account within 10 minutes of the auction close. I'm sad I can't go to the concert but I'm glad I will get most of my money back for them. :D

Yeah, but technically the seller should leave feedback first because the payment is completed first. If the seller is so paranoid about getting positive feedback, then get the item in the mail in a timely manner. Why is the buyer the one who has to leave feedback first?

martha said:
Yeah, but technically the seller should leave feedback first because the payment is completed first. If the seller is so paranoid about getting positive feedback, then get the item in the mail in a timely manner. Why is the buyer the one who has to leave feedback first?

I agree. I leave feedback once I receive payment.

I don't get the big deal about eBay feedback. I leave feedback when I receive something I've puchased. If someone hasn't left me feedback I leave it alone, it's probably not worth following up. I've not had many problems tho on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom