I gave up cake frosting and Red bull

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V Nura

Refugee
I figured cake frosting prolly isn't very good for me...and red bull has been linked to three deaths and the FDA may pull it off the shelves....I'm on a major withdrawal

Judging from your AIMs yesterday and phone conversation, I would encorage you to give up ALL caffenated beverages.
You were hopping around a bit too much..
wink.gif

Out-
diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

[This message has been edited by diamond (edited 05-13-2002).]

Originally posted by Arun V:
...and red bull has been linked to three deaths and the FDA may pull it off the shelves....I'm on a major withdrawal

No way! Really? I've never had the stuff...if they pull it, there will be a lot of angry people...

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
No way! Really? I've never had the stuff...if they pull it, there will be a lot of angry people...

It's already being pulled in denmark and sweden

Originally posted by 404 Not Found:
will you be upping your starbucks intake to compensate?

wow you know me well..if I didnt' know better I'd say we were related.

[This message has been edited by Arun V (edited 05-13-2002).]

Originally posted by Naya:
Pardon my ignorance but what is Red Bull? Never heard of that stuff.

confused.gif

It's an austrian made energy drink.

It can be dangerous because too much can lower your blood pressure

www.redbull.com for details

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
product01.gif

Ingredients: carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, sodium citrate, taurine, glucoronolactone, caffeine, inositol, niacin, D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, vitamin B12, artificial flavours, colors

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 8.3 fl. oz. Servings per Container: 1 Amount per serving: Calories: 113 Total Fat: 0g Sodium: 215mg Protein: 0g Total Carbohydrates: 28g Sugars: 28g

http://www.snopes2.com/toxins/redbull.htm

taurine in high amounts is dangerous

and i've heard that you should never mix red bull and alcohol..it's very bad for your liver

what the heck is inositol?

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

product01.gif

Ingredients: carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, sodium citrate, taurine, glucoronolactone, caffeine, inositol, niacin, D-pantothenol, pyridoxine HCL, vitamin B12, artificial flavours, colors

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 8.3 fl. oz. Servings per Container: 1 Amount per serving: Calories: 113 Total Fat: 0g Sodium: 215mg Protein: 0g Total Carbohydrates: 28g Sugars: 28g

http://www.snopes2.com/toxins/redbull.htm

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 05-13-2002).]

Originally posted by ghetofabu:
There are allot of things that are good that are bad in mass amounts.
http://www.thorne.com/altmedrev/fulltext/taurine3-2.html

and I see you neglected, This study says that it does lower blood pressure

Now I don't think anyone is saying that taurine is the scourge of our times...but bottom line

there are much better things you can put inot your body. Lowering blood pressure in healthy people..is not a good thing

[This message has been edited by Operation Timed Out (edited 05-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Operation Timed Out:

and I see you neglected, This study says that it does lower blood pressure

Now I don't think anyone is saying that taurine is the scourge of our times...but bottom line

there are much better things you can put inot your body. Lowering blood pressure in healthy people..is not a good thing

[This message has been edited by Operation Timed Out (edited 05-14-2002).]

I know there are better things you can put in your body. I did not agrue the point that it lowers blood pressure. I did read the link before I posted it.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Back
Top Bottom