I Gave My Heart To A Simple Chord

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Okay, this is random - but sometimes when you think of something you've done.. you just pinch yourself because you can't believe it's real.

I honestly think my soul has been recharged from seeing The Strokes in concert. I was front row, and it was as if I had been thirsting for music to kick my ass again.

This band floors me. They are the real deal.

Even if I hadn't been front row, their sound and presence affected everyone. Even the most cynical people there, who came with arms folded wanting to critique the latest "New Big Thing" were out of their minds ecstatic and dancing like maniacs by the end of the night. Their mouths were to the ground by just how powerful and talented this band is. I'm pretty stanch in my beliefs about music, and I firmly believe I have good taste - I don't think there are enough words to express how highly I think of this band.

Thank God for music and for those who can rock the world :heart:

Seeing U2 last May was seriously a life-altering experience. I knew then and there it was time to start thinking about my life and where I wanted it to go. I buckled down, worked so much harder (both at my job and creatively), and had lots of fun doing so along the way. (I also met lots of great people who became lifelong friends. :hug: )

Since then there have been bumps in the road, but that one show always reminds me of what it's like to feel alive, and of how I can change the direction of my life if I really want to.

Seeing U2 again last October in Chicago and seeing Bruce this past summer were also life-altering concerts. Those guys just have "something" that moves me, something that makes me believe even more in the power of a song. :up:

:heart: :heart:

Nice thread title. I don't believe people who are cynical about a band would actually buy a ticket to see them, though. Anyway, I adore The Strokes; they get my booty jiggling.

foray

what, exactly, does that look like foray? :hyper:

'gave my heart to a simple chord'

i know that, that's the black rebel motorcycle club, whatever happened to my rock n roll?!

:sexywink:

foray said:
I don't believe people who are cynical about a band would actually buy a ticket to see them, though.

They may not have bought a ticket to be there.

I was 15, and my sister was going to turn 18 when Popmart rolled around. My parents bought tickets for themselves, my sister, and me...but my sister hated U2 with a passion (mostly because I loved them). We were down on the floor, and she sat for almost the entire concert with her arms folded across her chest, lookin' down at the floor.

She likes U2 now...she loves ATYCLB. Now she's sorry that she didn't pay attention more during the concert. :tongue:

The Wanderer said:

'gave my heart to a simple chord'

i know that, that's the black rebel motorcycle club, whatever happened to my rock n roll?!

:sexywink:

Yep! That's BRMC! Another :heart: of mine. I saw them open for Spiritualized. BRMC are incredible. :drool:

Music, without a doubt, has changed my life.

It's amazing what a simple thing like music can do. I know, what a cliche, how cheesy.. but it's true.

The four right chords can make me cry...
--Third Eye Blind, Semi-Charmed Life

Do you believe in rock and roll? Can music save your mortal soul?
--Don Maclean, American Pie

Music has gotten me through the last year. It's so powerful to hear someone singing what you are feeling. It makes you feel less alone in the world. Someone else has experienced that emotion, that situation...Someone else eloquent and brilliant enough to write down the words describing that emotion and then add music to those words. Sometimes I feel like Bono and Dave Matthews are following me around to write songs about me. :coocoo:

The feeling from U2 last October has truly carried me through the most difficult period of my life. I've been searching desperately to find that level of emotion again. It was spiritual cleansing; without it I might have had absolutely nothing to get me through the bleak winter months that followed.

Back
Top Bottom